Excuse me while I go track down a Puffs brand Kleenex ... #not
(all we have in my house is actual Kleenex or generic anyway)

Yes!!! As someone who is also high risk for flu complications and who has kids who are as well AND who's DH can't get a flu shot due to allergies...please protect yourself and others by getting one!

I'll also add that I work in a pharmacy and every flu shot I've put through has been free after insurance.

Last year I got the flu the week before the marathon. Even until Thursday, I was semi- bedridden. I had trained hard and already spent the money, so I did it anyway. I was basically over the flu by the start, but anytime you have had a fever, your physically not quite there for a few weeks. The marathon went well by slowly running until miles 12/13 and then the wheels came off. I still finished, but it was ugly and then got even more sick two weeks later...ugh..

Was it not discussed pages back that people will be using trash cans to transport ice to their tubs post race? The beverages are sealed, might as well just put them in the tub with those tired legs.

This is brilliant. You don't even need to get up for a drink, it's right there in the post-race ice bath!

People don't drink or eat in the post-race soak?

Usually I take some snacks and drinks (usually Powerade/Water rather than beer) as I soak post race.
Having not run far/hard enough to need a post race soak, I think this is great advice! What other wisdom do you have?

Y'all, I think I have a problem. I distinctly remember talking to myself about how I didn't think I really even liked running somewhere deep within WWOS last year. But then marathon medals dropped and I got medal envy. Now room discounts were released and I've always wanted to try out AKL and there's a decent discount...

Having not run far/hard enough to need a post race soak, I think this is great advice! What other wisdom do you have?

Epsom Salts are your friend, even if the TSA likes to leave you notes about them.

Y'all, I think I have a problem. I distinctly remember talking to myself about how I didn't think I really even liked running somewhere deep within WWOS last year. But then marathon medals dropped and I got medal envy. Now room discounts were released and I've always wanted to try out AKL and there's a decent discount...

I think you should do it.

There is a lady in one of my Facebook groups that sells recovery bath bombs. I used one after the marathon (Dopey)last year and it was AMAZING! She has started selling them at the expos and I think she has a store in Orlando now. She also has a website. Fuzzy Fizzies I think? Anyway, they are relatively cheap and totally worth it.

ETA: Fluffy Fizzies, lol

Last edited:
I think you should do it.

Leaning towards it! I feel like I'm running pretty well in training and was looking for another race this winter to try to maintain that. Just didn't expect it to involve Dopey...

I'm hoping to PR on my half at W&D. The POT for Marathon is due 10/9. I know that if I register after 10/9 I can submit a POT upon registration but can't change it after that date. Do you know if they'd accept a POT from this coming W&D race if I waited to register on 11/5? I've told myself if I hit my goal time (going sub 2:30 which should move me up a corral) then I'll let myself register.

Leaning towards it! I feel like I'm running pretty well in training and was looking for another race this winter to try to maintain that. Just didn't expect it to involve Dopey...

I'm hoping to PR on my half at W&D. The POT for Marathon is due 10/9. I know that if I register after 10/9 I can submit a POT upon registration but can't change it after that date. Do you know if they'd accept a POT from this coming W&D race if I waited to register on 11/5? I've told myself if I hit my goal time (going sub 2:30 which should move me up a corral) then I'll let myself register.
POT race will have to be before 10/9/18 to be accepted.

There is a lady in one of my Facebook groups that sells recovery bath bombs. I used one after the marathon (Dopey)last year and it was AMAZING! She has started selling them at the expos and I think she has a store in Orlando now. She also has a website. Fuzzy Fizzies I think? Anyway, they are relatively cheap and totally worth it.

ETA: Fluffy Fizzies, lol
That's awesome! I just looked her website up and she has a rose gold bath bomb!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter