@SarahDisney We had (are having?) a similar dilemma when deciding where to stay in January. I've actually only stayed at moderates (and off site) and somehow decided to try a value (Pop) for the marathon. We could stay at a deluxe, but I just don't know that the added cost is justified for the little time we spend in the rooms.

After our last WDW trip in 2017, my DH mentioned that he always expects the resorts to be more 'Bam! Disney!" themed and so we talked about staying in a value just to experience that type of themeing. And now, I'm also debating a split stay...

If you do decide on Pop, I'll be there :D

HOORAY! I will be at POP too!

CDKG's PSA for the week:

I got my flu shot today. I will have full immunity by my HHN/WDW trip at the end of October (always a good thing). Don't let the flu sideline your training! Or worse, affect you on race day. Most insurance companies cover the shot. My organization offers them onsite and bills my insurance for me. Take time to visit your doctor, a clinic or pharmacy to get yours so you can protect yourself and your family this flu season!

As you were...

Yes!!! As someone who is also high risk for flu complications and who has kids who are as well AND who's DH can't get a flu shot due to allergies...please protect yourself and others by getting one!

I'll also add that I work in a pharmacy and every flu shot I've put through has been free after insurance.

HOORAY! I will be at POP too!

+1

Love it!!
Being from Nebraska, I'll bring the corn... so we can have... POPCORN that we can have with pop (diet coke for me!) while at Pop. ;)
ETA... After we all complete our races, we can even POP some bubbly...
(Have I gone overboard?? I love a party theme...)
Nope!
But I am not helpful. I will not pay for mickey balloons to pop, and that is all I could come up with.

Quick poll: I’m considering switching from POR to Caribbean Beach for marathon weekend. Aside from construction at CB - which I understand to be largely completed - what are the pros/cons to such a switch?

Quick poll: I’m considering switching from POR to Caribbean Beach for marathon weekend. Aside from construction at CB - which I understand to be largely completed - what are the pros/cons to such a switch?
Well you’ll get some newer rooms (although the POR rooms are in the updating process right now) and some newer updated amenities such as the lobby and food areas. I’ve only stayed at POFQ and POR as moderates so I can’t comment on much else.

Well you’ll get some newer rooms (although the POR rooms are in the updating process right now) and some newer updated amenities such as the lobby and food areas. I’ve only stayed at POFQ and POR as moderates so I can’t comment on much else.

The pool looks nice, but who knows what the weather will be like? The new rooms look nice. But, we do like taking the boat from POR to Disney Springs and I had planned on checking out some of the POR/POFQ dining options.

This makes me SO happy!!! How did I not know this??

If you're up for it, I'd love to maybe ride the bus together! I'll be a nervous wreck and would love a friend :)

YESSSSSS! I'll be like that kid on Forrest Gump saying "Seat's Taken" to everyone who tries to sit by me. I even have the Alabama accent! (hopefully someone knows what I am referring to, LOL)

Its a Pop party!
Another Popper here.
@LikelyLynae and I are at POP too! :)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter