Marathon Weekend 2020

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Marathon Weekend kicks off in 184 days, which means the ADR booking window opens up this week! So, for this week's Sundays are for Disney, which ADRs are you thinking about getting? Be sure to note if any of the meals are celebrations, carb loading, etc.

I'm doing a pretty stripped down trip and will largely stick to quick service meals, but I am considering ADRs for 50s Prime Time Cafe (their sampler was a surprise top 5 meal for me last trip) and Boma for my post-marathon meal.

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD:I thought Sundays were for running, flew down yesterday and went for a nice relaxing 3 miles around Saratoga Springs this AM, now just enjoying the resort until the bus arrives for the Disney Dream. Five nights with two stops at Castaway Cay!
Upon return we will be booking the ADRs, just my wife and I heading down to AKL and doing all our favorites, Tiffins, Jiko, Sanaa, and meeting friends at Boma to finish the weekend off.

SAFD: These are what we are thinking about for dinner currently. Lunch's will be decided once we know what parks are going to.
Wednesday: Homecoming or Enzo's Hideaway
Thursday: Wine Bar George
Friday: Takumi-Tei
Saturday: La Hacienda or Ale & Compass
Sunday Post Marathon: Chefs de France, ESPN Zone, Room Service

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Marathon Weekend kicks off in 184 days, which means the ADR booking window opens up this week! So, for this week's Sundays are for Disney, which ADRs are you thinking about getting? Be sure to note if any of the meals are celebrations, carb loading, etc.

Unlike @rteetz I'm okay with letting @Keels plan dinners because I know she'll throw in plenty of sushi & sashimi along with Jaleo. ;)

The places we're considering for our reservations include: Takumi-Tei, Jiko, CA Grill, Chefs de France, and maybe Flying Fish. Oh, and Victoria & Albert's on Tuesday night after the full. No trip to Disney is complete without it.

Unlike @rteetz I'm okay with letting @Keels plan dinners because I know she'll throw in plenty of sushi & sashimi along with Jaleo. ;)

The places we're considering for our reservations include: Takumi-Tei, Jiko, CA Grill, Chefs de France, and maybe Flying Fish. Oh, and Victoria & Albert's on Tuesday night after the full. No trip to Disney is complete without it.

Takumi-Tei, Cali Grill and Chef’s are all on my shortlist. I’m kinda burnt out on Jiko right now, which is kinda sad.

Definitely considering Takumi-Tei and we're at Boardwalk so we'll probably have to do Flying Fish and/or bluezoo. I'm also intrigued by Topolino at Riviera. And like @Keels I am not feeling Jiko right now. That place has gone from my favorite to a disappointment and back more than once for me as they swap chefs and change up menus. I feel like they're in a bit of a dip again.

Definitely considering Takumi-Tei and we're at Boardwalk so we'll probably have to do Flying Fish and/or bluezoo. I'm also intrigued by Topolino at Riviera. And like @Keels I am not feeling Jiko right now. That place has gone from my favorite to a disappointment and back more than once for me as they swap chefs and change up menus. I feel like they're in a bit of a dip again.
We keep Jiko to when we stay at AKL for an easy dinner on a race weekend. That way if it’s disappointing at least we didn't travel far it.

SAFD: I don’t really have a ton on my list as must have ADRs this time around. I’ve reached the point where timing of meals is more important to me than the location (this is a too many places I like issue, not an apathy issue). I like to have 4 PM dinner the night before the 5K and 10K. For the Half and Full I prefer our biggest meal to be 11-1 PM the day before and then snacking later as needed.

So I’m sure that I’ll schedule things, and it’s not to say I don’t have my favorites. I’ll definitely try to hit lunch at Sana’a either before the Half or Full. It’s the only place I try to hit every visit, and in January is definitely more likely to see the Savannah during lunch hours. I will also be trying to book Storybook Dining for after the Full. Pictures with Dopey with our medals seems like a nice time to try that one. Morimoto, Raglan Road, basically anywhere in Epcot, Boma, etc. are all considerations as well, but I won't be rushing to book anything other than perhaps the Storybook Dining because I don't think I'm looking at anywhere that fills up crazy fast.

I’ve seen some reviews from the soft opening of Takumi-Tei and am intrigued, but I have to admit I’m a little scared of the price tag (although the experience and food seems like it’s justifiable). That’s also one that would be a less than ideal option for some of my group (kids and adults with very Midwest palates), the price definitely prohibits booking when I’m with them.

What we're considering now:
Tuesday (1/7) dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, but since we get in that day, it could wind up being quick service and MK fireworks dessert package.
Wed: Chefs de France, Biergarten or Space, if it opens by then
Thurs: Raglan Road
Fri: Teppan Edo
Sat: Brunch at Homecomin' and Mama Melrose's for dinner
Sun: We're still debating between Ohana, Cali Grill, and Artist Point for post marathon dinner. Cali Grill is the most likely.
Mon: DATW so I think we're just going to play it by ear and see what the alcohol tells us to eat.

SAFD: I know it's time but I am in no way ready to think about ADRs yet. In the past I've been excited to eat a big meal after the marathon and made reservations somewhere to pig out, but in reality I'm not even hungry when the time comes. I think it takes a day or two for my body to get over feeling devastated and get ready to rebuild energy. And before the races I'm afraid to eat anything unusual to me. If anybody has suggestions for places that are more of a nice experience rather than lots of food, for a post-marathon celebration, I'm all ears!

SAFD: I know it's time but I am in no way ready to think about ADRs yet. In the past I've been excited to eat a big meal after the marathon and made reservations somewhere to pig out, but in reality I'm not even hungry when the time comes. I think it takes a day or two for my body to get over feeling devastated and get ready to rebuild energy. And before the races I'm afraid to eat anything unusual to me. If anybody has suggestions for places that are more of a nice experience rather than lots of food, for a post-marathon celebration, I'm all ears!
California Grill. You don’t need to get a lot of food but it’s a wonderful experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter