Marathon Weekend 2020

SAFD: I am planning to eat at Jaleo a lot. Food is just amazing ( I went twice during my June trip) and there are so many options that I think I would need to go a few times just to try everything out. Takumi-Tei, California Grill and Topolino's are also on my list.

I could conceivably see us going to Kona Cafe for vegan Tonga Toast after the half marathon, but otherwise, we’re not big ADR people. We live in Austin, and we both travel to big food destinations for work, so that tends to be where we skimp on Disney trips. I’ve been pretty content with using groceries for many of our meals, even staying at Pop Century with communal microwaves.

Last edited:
So, our group rate for Marathon Weekend is FINALLY working and anyone who previously talked to me about booking should have received a confirmation email by now!

If anyone else is still interested in joining the group block, I have VERY limited availability for 1/7 at Pop Century - but every day is wide open between 1/8-1/14 at both Pop and CB. The rates for Pop are $122/night (plus tax) and $192/night (plus tax) for CB.

You can add on the Dining Plan at 2020 rates or discounted parks tickets at any point, if that's something you need. I believe you can also book group tickets at the discount WITHOUT having a room reservation, but let me double-check on that.
I'm interested.

I am running the half marathon. We are only doing one park which will be Sunday. Originally I thought we would spend the day in Mk. It all the sudden dawned on me that the marathon would still be going on. How bad is it getting from Swan to MK if we use the buses?

Marathon Weekend kicks off in 184 days, which means the ADR booking window opens up this week! So, for this week's Sundays are for Disney, which ADRs are you thinking about getting? Be sure to note if any of the meals are celebrations, carb loading, etc.
😮 I guess I only have 4 days to figure this out! Considering I will most likely be traveling solo, I will only plan a few.

Friday - Carb loading dinner TBD (anyone have a pizza recommendation?)
Sunday - Celebration dinner at Boma? (It was delicious this year...)
Tuesday - Farewell breakfast at Tusker House

SAFD: A good friend from college is joining me and hasn't been to Disney since we were in college. I told her to pick what she was interested in doing. We are thinking breakfast at Boma after the 5K, Via Napoli after the 10k, Homecoming after the half to celebrate her first half marathon, and a dessert party at MK after the marathon. Hopefully it will all work out!

I’ve only been to the Jaleo restaurants in DC, but can attest that they are great!! And my all time favorite meal ever was at a Jose Andres restaurant, so I think it’s a safe choice!

I have zero clue about ADRs! We leave on our DCL European cruise in 2 weeks and the trip planning part of my brain is maxed out on that!

But, probably Epcot-centric since I plan to stay over there somewhere. On the fence about post-marathon dinner. Either I’ll want all the food, or my insides will be revolting - hard to plan around that!

SAFD: I don’t have plans for any ADRs right now. I tend to stick to counter service on my solo running trips. DW may come down for Friday-Sunday, which might change things, but that’s up in the air right now. I might look for a Sunday or Monday night Yak&Yeti just because it was so good during our recent trip. We’ll see...

Group Block Update!!

If you think you might want to stay at Pop with our group block - even if you’re just considering but aren’t willing to commit just yet - let me know ASAP. We’ve now reached our Pop allotment and I need to give a firm number tomorrow when I call-in to ask for more rooms tomorrow.

If you’ve messaged me and I’ve responded re: Pop, you’re on the booking list and are good!

I also have just four rooms left at CB and (potentially) two rooms at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter