Marathon Weekend 2020

I’m ONLY running Goofy! My daughter thinks I should just run Dopey again.

I still can't decide between the two...

Once you're committed to doing Goofy you might as well just bump it up to Dopey. Whats a little 5k and 10k once you're already doing a half and full? At least that is how I rationalized it after I got my flight to work out perfectly. If its a matter of extra travel days then I totally understand going with "just" Goofy. But if you can swing the travel days, why not go big?

I'm holding a room at Pop Century through @Keels package for $122 per night plus tax, which I think is an excellent rate there. I had a room held directly with Disney before then for $149 (including tax) a night, and granted this was before the announcement of dates, but I don't think they're going to raise it that dramatically, at least not right away. I usually take a wait and see approach on the effect of improvements on their pricing and usually isn't as bad as people predict (and personally, I'm looking forward to the improvements at DHS and EPCOT). I don't usually stay at Deluxe resorts because I'm never in my room long enough to justify it, so I'm not sure about the likelihood of those discounts.
I would be willing to pay $122 for Pop. Are there still rooms at that price?

Once you're committed to doing Goofy you might as well just bump it up to Dopey. Whats a little 5k and 10k once you're already doing a half and full? At least that is how I rationalized it after I got my flight to work out perfectly. If its a matter of extra travel days then I totally understand going with "just" Goofy. But if you can swing the travel days, why not go big?
I did Dopey this year and I'm just not a fan of the 5K. But I do like the extra bling! Guess I will have to decide soon!

I’m ONLY running Goofy! My daughter thinks I should just run Dopey again.

You should

Well a certain someone cough* @jennamfeo cough* is doing dopey again.

I did Goofy this year and while I had fun, I left feeling a bit unsatisfied. So it’s back to Dopey for me next year. And if @jennamfeo is doing Dopey, how can we let her have all the fun?!

I went back and forth for a while too before concluding that if I really liked the 5K and 10K medals, but was only registered for Goofy, I would regret it. I already know that the extra 2 days and 9.3 miles will not make or break the marathon for me.

Once I decided I wanted to run the marathon, I came to realize that if I actually enjoyed the marathon, I would want likely want to attempt Goofy or Dopey. But since I might only have one shot at the marathon, I could regret not attempting Goofy or Dopey on that one chance. Since many runners told me that the "extra" training for Goofy or Dopey isn't that much more than training for the marathon, I decided to give it everything.

While my thought process may not work for everyone, I came to believe that barring injury, running the race(s) prior to the marathon at an appropriate (read very slow) pace would have minimal impact on my ability finish the marathon.

Gah....y’all are bad influences. It’s just crazy at my house and we are just spending money left and right trying to get projects finished. We were given the opportunity to buy my daughter’s lesson horse. We are thinking about it and she would work at the barn two days a week to help with boarding fees. I’d give up Dopey and extra hotel nights for that horse. She’s a lovely animal! But then i think of all the excess running gear and handbags sitting in my closet collecting dust that I can sell to make up the difference.......

Gah....y’all are bad influences. It’s just crazy at my house and we are just spending money left and right trying to get projects finished. We were given the opportunity to buy my daughter’s lesson horse. We are thinking about it and she would work at the barn two days a week to help with boarding fees. I’d give up Dopey and extra hotel nights for that horse. She’s a lovely animal! But then i think of all the excess running gear and handbags sitting in my closet collecting dust that I can sell to make up the difference.......
Sounds like a plan! :)

Last edited:
So get to selling! ;)

All this Dopey/ Goofy talk!! How many more days until I must decide? My husband is doing Dopey again but his running buddy is also doing it so they will stick together since their pace is much faster than mine.

I may need to find a running buddy on here for at least the full, maybe the half also. That might be the only way I commit to Dopey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter