Marathon Weekend 2024

FFigawi

DIS Veteran
I normally wait until the marathon is over or at least underway before starting the thread for the following year. I’m making another exception this time because a) the 2024 dates have been released, and b) people who experience FOMO over the next week now have a thread to dream upon.

Marathon Weekend is January 3 – 7, 2024

Club runDisney registration: April 4
General registration: April 11
Virtual registration: April 14

Last edited:

I’m not quite Team FOMO, since I couldn’t have done MW23 even if I’d been able to register, but I’m Team Wish-I-Could for 2024 because it would give me an excuse to skip part of my mom’s annual Christmas visit (I love her, but she vapes, and we don’t do anything but sit around the house, usually in silence, so it’s boring)

Following along! Thanks for the thread. I'm officially [per doctor's orders] retired from long distance running. Tough to do after running Disney for 16 years since 2005, but two achilles repair surgeries and a tarsal tunnel release surgery have made my long runs capped at 2 miles. At least for now. In the meantime my swimming and biking have improved! On the positive side, my MW vacations have become Christmas vacations for us so I'll be at the BCVs the first week of December 2023! Good luck to everyone running in 2024 and glad to at least be motivated virtually!

I normally wait until the marathon is over or at least underway before starting the thread for the following year. I’m making another exception this time because a) the 2024 dates have been released, and b) people who experience FOMO over the next week now have a thread to dream upon.

Marathon Weekend is January 3 – 7, 2024

Registration dates - TBD

Thanks for posting and Dreaming about a return

McFlurry John

hope to be in for Dopey #9 in a row (counting virtual and hoping I finish #8 this week)...but I'm scared about registration (as usual)
Famous last words, but I’m hoping that this registration period will be less chaotic than the prior two years. 2022 had revenge travel, the 50th anniversary, and the first MW since covid. This year’s has the 90s theme, which brought a lot more attention to RD from unexpected places, and race anniversaries. Maybe they get back to basics for 2024.

Logistically it’s probably too close to the holidays for it to work for me… following along though for the fellowship and fun and hoping in ‘25 if I’m still in it to aim for this weekend (maybe I’ll be in better shape for a half and embrace a c2c goal)

I’m leaning towards the 10K and Half right now.
Me too. Maybe just the half. It probably comes down to if my husband wants to do the 10K. He had a really hard time with the humidity when we did Princess and said never again to a half in Florida. But he did say maybe he’d do one more for a coast to coast medal… so we’ll see….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter