Marathon Weekend 2025

Orthodontist tried to schedule an appointment for my daughter on April 9th to fix a broken bracket. Told them I’m busy that day. Im not missing registration day!
You have to prioritize!
He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named on the rD boards made a breakdown of the cost per mile for each race on their IG stories. So I told my husband "See, only 8.62$/mile, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of that, The marathon has such a good value!"
This is great logic!
After how long it took to get through the Wine and Dine queue for registration last week, might want to push that appointment back a little farther . . .
1710962440816.jpeg

This doesn't really confirm anything for MW though. The W&D page doesn't list 12&15K as options on the PoT section so I wouldn't expect it to be available in the registration. I believe this is something new they're trying for MW. (But I wouldn't be surprised to be proven wrong on registration day 🤣)

I reached out to the official email box, and they replied that that 10k/12k/15k are not accepted distances for M/Goofy/Dopey:

HI Caleb,

Thanks for reaching out. The accepted distances for the Marathon/Dopey/Goofy Challenges are a 10-Mile, Half Marathon, or Full Marathon.

Have a magical day!

Thank you,
Track Shack Events on behalf of runDisney
*Please note this is confidential information and is not intended for public viewing

They had contradictory information on different parts of their website, but based on this it looks like the distances listed on https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/events/marathon/ are the correct ones.

I reached out to the official email box, and they replied that that 10k/12k/15k are not accepted distances for M/Goofy/Dopey:

They had contradictory information on different parts of their website, but based on this it looks like the distances listed on https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/events/marathon/ are the correct ones.
I appreciate you asking the question. Did you also ask about the half PoT? It's still unclear to me if those would be accepted for that distance.

I also know that rD and Track Shack don't always communicate well so it could be that one didn't tell the other about the change.

I did go check the race policies page and it still has the contradictory info. I'm eager to see what club members learn during early registration.

IMG_4160.jpeg
https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/race-policies/

I appreciate you asking the question. Did you also ask about the half PoT? It's still unclear to me if those would be accepted for that distance.

I also know that rD and Track Shack don't always communicate well so it could be that one didn't tell the other about the change.

I did go check the race policies page and it still has the contradictory info. I'm eager to see what club members learn during early registration.

View attachment 843638
https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/race-policies/
I didn't ask about that one. I did ask that they update the webpage, and they said they forwarded that feedback to RunDisney, so hopefully we'll see an update soonish!

But it was so pretty out there today!!

View attachment 843777
This exact spot is when my watch hits 1 mile from my house. THIS EXACT SPOT. 🤯

Also, I am supposed to run 6 miles after work but I'm not thinking the weather will let me today. I should have tried before work but my weather app said it was going to rain the entire run.

This exact spot is when my watch hits 1 mile from my house. THIS EXACT SPOT. 🤯

Also, I am supposed to run 6 miles after work but I'm not thinking the weather will let me today. I should have tried before work but my weather app said it was going to rain the entire run.

Haha, it's only about a quarter-mile for me, I live right up the street from the playground just North of that bridge.

You can always run in the rain! I keep an older pair of running shoes just for wet runs, when I know I might be ankle-deep in puddles. (To be fair, a few weeks ago the underpasses at Frankford was so flooded that I had to go around it). It's not fun, but it's doable as long as there isn't lightning or hail.

Hello everyone, there used to be a thread that had all the strategies for signing up for the dopey challenge. My two friends and I are going to try to get into the challenge for the '25 marathon. Does anyone have a link handy or good tips for securing registration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter