Marathon Weekend 2025

You have to book the flight with the card but it also gets you more miles. I have the United Explorer card and for $95 a year (first year is waived) I get all of this. It says bags are free for yourself and one companion but so far every flight has included free bags for everyone on it, even when I had 5 flying.

At $35 per checked bag each way it pays for itself the first roundtrip filght for two.
I love my United Explorer card! It pretty much pays for itself since I fly with checked bags at LEAST twice a year, and the club passes are a nice bonus.

The only drama really seems to center around the 10k. Will we get Chip 'n Dale (❤️) again, go back to Oswald (🤮) or see something new entirely (🤔)?
As a former hater, I don't mind Oswald as a theme nearly so much, now that some of his cartoons are available on Disney+. The cartoons are cute, and secondly, at least people now have some experience with the character, beyond a picture. Makes a bit more sense to include him.

Since I was curious... 2024 MW themes were posted on 3/30 last year. Not necessarily expecting something outside-the-box this time but there you go.
I think we'll get them next week on Tuesday, as in 2 weeks before club registration. That seems to be the timeline lately at least.

I wouldn't mind oswald as I have 2 chip and dale medals, and it seems like that's the only theme they're willing to swap out. Now, if they brought back the kids races on MW and themed those to C&D, I can totally see Oswald making a return.

I’m going to be somewhere for the eclipse without great cell phone coverage and questionable Wi-Fi. We are leaving the next day - day of registration, and I have made it clear that I am not leaving (6 hour drive home) until I am registered. I may have to rely on someone providing extra queues to get in. I’m a little nervous. Hopefully, I will find somewhere that has good enough cell service. I’m planning on Goofy + 10k year if I can get in.

Will we get Chip 'n Dale (❤️) again, go back to Oswald (🤮) or see something new entirely (🤔)?
👀

I’m going to be somewhere for the eclipse without great cell phone coverage and questionable Wi-Fi. We are leaving the next day - day of registration, and I have made it clear that I am not leaving (6 hour drive home) until I am registered.
This is a good call anyway. My DH went from SLC up to Idaho for the 2017 eclipse and what was normally a 2 hour drive home turned into 7 hours! Traffic from anywhere along the totality path will be nuts for several hours after it ends.

Appreciate you posting this. I like to run MW for charity and it spurred me to go and register for Goofy through them too. Will be nice to find something else to stress about on registration day!
I'm running the Disneyland challenge in September through SCF and I can't believe how low their fundraising requirements are! I may sign up for Dopey through them as well just to cut out some stress and raise more money for a good cause. I've exhausted my fundraising base pretty much over the last year or so having paired with charities for four runDisney race weekends, but I'm pretty sure I could squeeze out one more for SCF.

As a former hater, I don't mind Oswald as a theme nearly so much, now that some of his cartoons are available on Disney+. The cartoons are cute, and secondly, at least people now have some experience with the character, beyond a picture. Makes a bit more sense to include him.

Bob Iger traded Al Michaels to NBC to get back the rights of Oswald. I think Disney should lean harder into the character and make him the main character of the marathon. After all, how many other characters have the same backstory?

“Disney CEO Bob Iger crafted an agreement with NBCUniversal in 2006 that would bring Oswald back to The Walt Disney Company. Iger—knowing how important Oswald was to the Disney family and the company’s legacy—traded the contract of sportscaster Al Michaels to NBC for the rights to the character.”

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/os... Bob Iger crafted,the rights to the character.

I'm running the Disneyland challenge in September through SCF and I can't believe how low their fundraising requirements are! I may sign up for Dopey through them as well just to cut out some stress and raise more money for a good cause. I've exhausted my fundraising base pretty much over the last year or so having paired with charities for four runDisney race weekends, but I'm pretty sure I could squeeze out one more for SCF.
I just went and looked and they're already(?) sold out of Goofy bibs. Running for Pi also didn't show availability for Goofy bibs when I looked earlier this week. So either people are going nuts for Goofy early because it's an anniversary year, or some charities are choosing to not get them.

I just went and looked and they're already(?) sold out of Goofy bibs. Running for Pi also didn't show availability for Goofy bibs when I looked earlier this week. So either people are going nuts for Goofy early because it's an anniversary year, or some charities are choosing to not get them.
Typically SCF just won't list a bib if they did not get any. I know this because they opted not to get any 5K bibs for Disneyland so it just never showed as an option. I would bet that they only got a handful of Goofy bibs and that they have indeed have already sold out.

And now I keep adding and removing a Dopey bib from my cart on that page. 🤣 Their initial bib price is higher than runDisney by about $100 after you add in the Active platform fee (which I think the fee is outrageous), so I'm torn right now.

I got the last one yesterday it appears. Was a bit freaked out last night because I had it in the cart but then had an Active password issue. When I got it reset, I went to add it back to cart and it showed on "hold" with no others currently available. Forunately when the 15 minutes Active gives to complete a purchase passed, it was available again for me at time but then showed sold out this morning.

I suspect most charities don't get many Goofy bibs (if any) because demand is usually low compared to Dopey, etc. and they don't want to be stuck with them. As evidenced by the lonely single Goofy bib pick up booth at the expo last year.

Their initial bib price is higher than runDisney by about $100 after you add in the Active platform fee (which I think the fee is outrageous), so I'm torn right now.
That made me pause too, but I decided its still cheaper than Club RD (which of course has other perks too) that I've considered off an on to avoid the registration stress and I would rather donate a few extra dollars to SCF (or another charity) than give them to the Mouse. Not that Disney isn't going to get more than it's fair share...

I bet many of us multi-Dopiers thought we would run only one, too. You should probably remove the parentheses and corresponding text.
It’s more about the timing of the weekend than the daunting challenge of Dopey. My mother usually visits from before Christmas through to NYE, so I can’t just up and jet to Disney right after she goes and leave my grandparents to tear down Christmas alone 😁😁

That made me pause too, but I decided its still cheaper than Club RD (which of course has other perks too) that I've considered off an on to avoid the registration stress and I would rather donate a few extra dollars to SCF (or another charity) than give them to the Mouse. Not that Disney isn't going to get more than it's fair share...
It's also a way to avoid registration stress in case glitches happen...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter