Marathon Weekend 2025

POT shouldn’t be an issue, just checked and runDisney still shows same language it used to
IMG_1963.jpeg
As long as you’re ready with POT info when you get the link and register all is good, you just can’t change once you confirm and secure your registration if the deadline has passed.

Good morning RunDisney All Stars! Sorry for the late start this morning, I had a half marathon to run. I'll put up a race report for it later in the day, but for those who can't stand the suspense, my only goal was to reestablish a Corral B PoT since mine had expired and I was successful in the attempt. :D

Now, on to the more important things, like housekeeping for March Magical Madness. We had 52 votes submitted for Round 1. Were there any upsets? Will there be a Cinderella story as good as my beloved Wolfpack going 5 wins in 5 days, knocking off the top 3 seeds in the ACC Tournament to secure a bid to the Big Dance? I don't think so, but after staying up until after 11p last night to see how the title game ended despite a 3:30a wake-up call for my half this morning, I just might be a little sleep-deprived punchy right now, and NC State deserves the rare shout out! WITH!

Here are the results from last week's match ups and there were some really close match ups and surprises, to me, at least:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy 37
4. Living with the Land 15

3. Spaceship Earth 27
2. Soarin' 25

2. Tower of Terror 25
3. Toy Story Midway Mania 27

4. Mickey Minnie's Runaway Railway 16
1. Rise of the Resistance 36

1. Haunted Mansion 36

4. Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou 16

3. Pirates of the Caribbean 26
2. Big Thunder Mountain RR 26 (advances as higher seed)

2. Expedition Everest 31

3. Flight of Passage 20

4. Maharajah Jungle Trek 0 (folks, not in the face, please!!)
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris 52

I didn't have a good way to determine how to break the tie between Pirates and Big Thunder, so I chose to advance the higher seed, as the seeding indicated a broader overall popularity, even though it hurt my heart to drop Pirates from the competition.

Now, with that out of the way we'll advance to this week's main Sundays are for Disney (SAFD) event, Round 2! Here are your match ups. Make your picks and, as always, voting will be open until Friday night. Have fun!

1710689523727.png

SAFD: Here are my picks:

Spaceship Earth over Guardians of the Galaxy (haven't ridden Guardians and am not likely to)
Rise of the Resistance over Toy Story Midway Mania
Haunted Mansion over Big Thunder Mtn
Kilimanjaro Safaris over Expedition Everest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter