March Break madness ~crowds, craziness and cocktails! A March '22 PTR! TR link 03/22

Crossing my fingers for you

Thank you! So far she hasn't found anything.

The good thing is that the All Stars have all been remodeled so your room will be lovely and fresh. Keeping fingers crossed that a CM discount comes up too. Have you tried Hotwire for one of their blind deals?

Still waiting for a CM discount. I currently have the AP discount. Sports opens March 31st do the room should be real fresh when we go.

Lots of interesting plans. Keep an eye out for my DD at Backlot. She is currently doing leadership training there. I think I might have to get one of those too.

Did you see the announcement that Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad is not a paid for fancy ride anymore?

I'm really looking forward to your food reviews, you have some great meals booked.

Did you see the announcement that Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad is not a paid for fancy ride anymore?
I did not know this! I wish Disney would make up its mind about what is and isn’t ILL/ genie plus. Do you remember the good old days when we used to complain about getting fp lined up at 60 days out :scared1: :rotfl:

Last edited:
Lots of interesting plans. Keep an eye out for my DD at Backlot. She is currently doing leadership training there. I think I might have to get one of those too.
That's so exciting that Danielle is doing leadership training! Is she finished college now? Would she like to work full time for Disney?
Still waiting for a CM discount. I currently have the AP discount. Sports opens March 31st do the room should be real fresh when we go.
Fingers crossed and pixie dust for a CM discount!
I did! I hope they keep that as a permanent change.
I'm really looking forward to your food reviews, you have some great meals booked.
Thank you! I am so excited to try ALL the things!
I did not know this! I wish Disney would make up its mind about what is and isn’t ILL/ genie plus. Do you remember the god old days when we used to complain about getting fp lined up at 60 days out :scared1: :rotfl:
Right?????Especially with the tiered rides at EP and HS!

Resort relaxation and fun at Flying Fish!

Today will be a much needed resort day to just chill out and relax. If the weather is good I am thinking of renting bikes and checking out the trails between Old Key West and Saratoga. Then a few hours poolside with some snacks, a book and a bevvie. I really want to try the conch fritters from Gurgling Suitcase and they also have a Key Lime tart that looks delicious.

Around 4 pm we will start getting ready as we want to check out Abracadabar before heading to our dinner ressie at Flying Fish. I really enjoyed Abracadabar the last time I was there (way back in 2016) and can't wait to bring Bill there. I adore the Pepper's Ghost cocktail and will probably go for it.

Next up is our long awaited dinner at Flying Fish! I am beyond excited to dine there. I have been perusing the menu and know that the scallops are very high on my list.
The desserts look phenomenal as well and I think we will be hard pressed to make a choice.

After dinner, we are thinking of checking out Jellyrolls! It sounds like so much fun and might just be the perfect way to cap off our last Disney night!

In other news, park hours have been extended for our trip! Animal Kingdom is opening at 7:30, Epcot and Hollywood Studios at 8:30 and Magic Kingdom is open until 11 pm! Add the extended hours for deluxe guests and that will give us to 1:00 am in the parks which makes me very happy!

The weather forecast is looking fantastic and and I have been revising my packing list as a result. I am trying to go with only a carry on this trip which is a huge challenge for me. I just bought compression packing cubes in hopes they might allow me to make the most of my limited space.

I can't believe we are leaving two weeks from tomorrow!

Next up is our long awaited dinner at Flying Fish! I am beyond excited to dine there. I have been perusing the menu and know that the scallops are very high on my list.
View attachment 650238
The desserts look phenomenal as well and I think we will be hard pressed to make a choice.

I'm one of those people who hate seafood, so Flying Fish isn't on my list, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. You're speaking my language with the desserts. ;)

In other news, park hours have been extended for our trip! Animal Kingdom is opening at 7:30, Epcot and Hollywood Studios at 8:30 and Magic Kingdom is open until 11 pm! Add the extended hours for deluxe guests and that will give us to 1:00 am in the parks which makes me very happy!
Gotta love those extended park hours! One of the good things about going during crowded times.

The weather forecast is looking fantastic and and I have been revising my packing list as a result. I am trying to go with only a carry on this trip which is a huge challenge for me. I just bought compression packing cubes in hopes they might allow me to make the most of my limited space.

Eek! So exciting! I will be super impressed if you're able to fit everything into a carryon. Meanwhile I'm over here reserving a large van to and from MCO for only 5 people so it can accommodate all the luggage I know I will bring.

I am thinking of renting bikes and checking out the trails between Old Key West and Saratoga.
Didn't know you could do that. Nice!
Next up is our long awaited dinner at Flying Fish! I am beyond excited to dine there
:goodvibes
After dinner, we are thinking of checking out Jellyrolls!
I've wanted to do that for a long time. Maybe when I'm there with the kid in August...
Soon!

I'm one of those people who hate seafood, so Flying Fish isn't on my list, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. You're speaking my language with the desserts. ;)
Even though I grew up in Prince Edward Island (home of the world's best seafood) I wasn't a fan until my late 20's. Even now, there are only a few things I will eat. Now, I've never met a dessert I didn't love!
Eek! So exciting! I will be super impressed if you're able to fit everything into a carryon. Meanwhile I'm over here reserving a large van to and from MCO for only 5 people so it can accommodate all the luggage I know I will bring.
That would totally be travelling with the whole fam. This trip is just my DH and I. I managed to get 6 dresses into one of the packing cubes so they are working out nicely!
Gotta love those extended park hours! One of the good things about going during crowded times.
Love them too!
Didn't know you could do that. Nice!
There are several resorts where you can rent bikes and the cost is quite reasonable.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/recreation/bike-rentals/
I've wanted to do that for a long time. Maybe when I'm there with the kid in August...
I will be the guinea pig and tell you all about it! :)

I did not know this! I wish Disney would make up its mind about what is and isn’t ILL/ genie plus. Do you remember the good old days when we used to complain about getting fp lined up at 60 days out

I really miss "the good ol' days".

That's so exciting that Danielle is doing leadership training! Is she finished college now? Would she like to work full time for Disney?

She graduated from LSU May of 2021. We were on her graduation trip in Disney when she got the invite to do the DCP again. The leadership training is something that can lead to an offer for a leadership position. This will give her the chance to see if it's something she really wants to do.

Fingers crossed and pixie dust for a CM discount!

Thank you!

I did! I hope they keep that as a permanent change.

Me too!

Resort relaxation and fun at Flying Fish!

Your plans for this day sound so good. I hope you make it to Jellyrolls.

Your plans for this day sound so good. I hope you make it to Jellyrolls.
Thank you!
She graduated from LSU May of 2021. We were on her graduation trip in Disney when she got the invite to do the DCP again. The leadership training is something that can lead to an offer for a leadership position. This will give her the chance to see if it's something she really wants to do.
So exciting! My oldest son will graduate from university next spring. What an awesome time in their lives! :) Danielle will have a wonderful time while deciding what path is right for her.

So exciting! My oldest son will graduate from university next spring. What an awesome time in their lives! :) Danielle will have a wonderful time while deciding what path is right for her.

Congrats to you and your son!

She is having fun but also learning to be an adult. What better place to do that than Disney.

It's so soon!!!! Your plans all sound great so far!

At least Genie+ will have a few extra rides. I will take whatever I can get!
Thank you Ariella! Only 12 days to go! I am beyond excited. I did break down and added Genie + for both park days. And am feeling very thankful that I did as ALL parks are now sold out for March 14th. It is going to be busy!

Thank you Ariella! Only 12 days to go! I am beyond excited. I did break down and added Genie + for both park days. And am feeling very thankful that I did as ALL parks are now sold out for March 14th. It is going to be busy!
I hope it is still an enjoyable trip even though it's going to be busy.

I managed to get 6 dresses into one of the packing cubes so they are working out nicely!
Excellent! What kind of packing cubes are you using?

In other news, park hours have been extended for our trip!
I'm a little apprehensive about the extended park hours... I don't think our group can do rope drop and stay late with the extended hours, so we're going to have to pick (I'm assuming they'll be extended for the 4th week of March as well). If it was just me, I'd stay late, but I don't think that will be feasible for our group if "late" is after midnight. My parents are definitely morning people more so than night people. And my kid would like to be a night owl, but bedtime at home is 9pm because I'm attempting to be a good parent. I wish the extended evening hours for MK were on Monday instead of Wednesday, since that will be closer to the start of the trip.

Your getaway day is coming up soon!
I'm excited to hear about your trip!

After dinner, we are thinking of checking out Jellyrolls! It sounds like so much fun and might just be the perfect way to cap off our last Disney night!

This place looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to go but every time I've had the time I've been too exhausted for a late night!!

Excellent! What kind of packing cubes are you using?
They are the Tripped compression cubes from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078RQYLD6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm a little apprehensive about the extended park hours... I don't think our group can do rope drop and stay late with the extended hours, so we're going to have to pick (I'm assuming they'll be extended for the 4th week of March as well). If it was just me, I'd stay late, but I don't think that will be feasible for our group if "late" is after midnight. My parents are definitely morning people more so than night people. And my kid would like to be a night owl, but bedtime at home is 9pm because I'm attempting to be a good parent. I wish the extended evening hours for MK were on Monday instead of Wednesday, since that will be closer to the start of the trip.
We will do early mornings, take a break, then do evenings. It's much easier for us as it's only my DH and me on this trip.
Your getaway day is coming up soon!
9 days to go!!!
I'm excited to hear about your trip!
Thank you!
This place looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to go but every time I've had the time I've been too exhausted for a late night!!
I've wanted to try it too so hopefully we will get there this trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter