• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

29 days for us! Technically we fly down in February but if it wasn't leap year our trip would start in March. This has been the hardest secret to keep ever! We've booked Minnie and Friends for the character breakfast, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and tentatively Goofy's Kitchen for dinner (might cancel that one if the others in our group don't want to do another character meal.

29 days for us! Technically we fly down in February but if it wasn't leap year our trip would start in March. This has been the hardest secret to keep ever! We've booked Minnie and Friends for the character breakfast, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and tentatively Goofy's Kitchen for dinner (might cancel that one if the others in our group don't want to do another character meal.
Who is it a secret from? The kiddo(s)? So exciting!! I have booked an October hotel and am tentatively planning a long weekend trip. Part of me would really love to keep it a surprise from The Boy, but I just know I couldn't do it, lol.

Who is it a secret from? The kiddo(s)? So exciting!! I have booked an October hotel and am tentatively planning a long weekend trip. Part of me would really love to keep it a surprise from The Boy, but I just know I couldn't do it, lol.

Yep, neither of the girls know. Just us moms. We aren't telling them until we leave. They are going to completely freak out.

The Soarin’ Over California rumor is being reported as fact by both Micechat and WDWToday, so I am moving it from “Monitoring” to “Good News”. It will run February 28-April 21 to coincide with the Food and Wine Festival. Enjoy everyone!

It opens on the 5th. I know because it's the day after we leave. My daughter is just going to be so bummed about both carousels being closed.
Yew, this exactly! But I think we’ll end up on monsters and Ariel a bit more! :)

I am stumbling into the food and wine festival! Looking at all the food and drink options...bonus! How child friendly is that event for those who have been? I know it’s Disneyland/ DCA, but we were there NYE and ready to go by 8. It’ll be fun for sure! But not sure about entertainment? Will there be WOC? I need to go research it :).

Yew, this exactly! But I think we’ll end up on monsters and Ariel a bit more! :)

I am stumbling into the food and wine festival! Looking at all the food and drink options...bonus! How child friendly is that event for those who have been? I know it’s Disneyland/ DCA, but we were there NYE and ready to go by 8. It’ll be fun for sure! But not sure about entertainment? Will there be WOC? I need to go research it :).

Food and Wine isn't friendly for my kiddo because she is way too picky for that. I personally enjoy being able to have a glass of decent wine while I'm there in the evening and my favorite dish is the beer cheese soup in a breadbowl. For some reason that soup is so good year after year. I hope it's still on the menu this year.

We are planning on trying to get into Chef Goofy's thing, my niece and nephew did it a few years back and had a great time.

If your kid is an adventurous eater, then it's kid friendly. My kids pretty much can't stand any of the food options, so the last 2 times we've been in DCA during the spring food & wine event, DH goes off on his own to sample the food booths and I take the kids to Flo's V-8 Cafe instead.

Food and Wine isn't friendly for my kiddo because she is way too picky for that. I personally enjoy being able to have a glass of decent wine while I'm there in the evening and my favorite dish is the beer cheese soup in a breadbowl. For some reason that soup is so good year after year. I hope it's still on the menu this year.

We are planning on trying to get into Chef Goofy's thing, my niece and nephew did it a few years back and had a great time.
is that the Jr chef thing I saw online? No reservations just walk up right? I’ll go research it. :)
my toddlers are much better eaters than my teens! They may love it!

If your kid is an adventurous eater, then it's kid friendly. My kids pretty much can't stand any of the food options, so the last 2 times we've been in DCA during the spring food & wine event, DH goes off on his own to sample the food booths and I take the kids to Flo's V-8 Cafe instead.
lol! My dh is gluten free and picky, so he may struggle more than the kids!! we’ll probably divide and conquer too! :)

Reactions: EmJ
is that the Jr chef thing I saw online? No reservations just walk up right? I’ll go research it. :)

Yep. They just walked right up and got in. I don't expect it's like that all the time but we figure we'll still try. I think it's going to be pretty busy when we are there so I'm trying to figure out things to do besides just waiting in line for rides.

Hello all,

My family and I (hubby, kids 12, 11 and 11) are exited to be returning to Disneyland March 13-17. We will be celebrating my birthday and my twin girls bday as well. This will be my first time at Disneyland with my husband. I took my girls for Christmas in 2018 and we had a blast but the crowds were crazy!

We are very exited to be staying at the Grand Californian and have reservations for Carthay Circle (bday dinner), Blue Bayou lunch, Hungry Bear Fantasmic Package, World of Color Trattoria Dining Package, Minnie and Friends Breakfast at Plaza Inn and Oga's Cantina!

Last time we stayed at the Paradise Pier and really liked it but did not like waiting in the long security check lines so I am hoping we will save time by staying at the GC.

So, @TikiTroll and I decided to extend our stay by 2 days so we will be there the 8th-14th now. I know it seems like a lot but based on the feedback from others about ROTR throwing off people's day and the food and wine festival we wanted to give ourselves 2 more chances to try and get a BG. Had to make a 2nd reservation at the GCH because they could not extend ours with the AP discount but I was able to get the room still at a lower rate for Thursday night anyway. Now if March could just hurry up and get here.

I'm so excited for SoC because we've only ever been on SoW.

I'll for sure buy two F&W passes for me and Hubby, but will wait til I see the booths to determine if I'll get the kids a pass each or one to share. They are picky, but if that mac & cheese booth is back, I know they'll use up the majority of their tabs there.

We leave on March 17th and my hubby was looking forward to MH. I am sure we will still have fun even if it's not open.

I will be going from March 3 - March 8th. Doing Pixar Nite on the 5th. Would love to meetup with fellow Disboarders!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter