Marriott Courtyard Lake Buena Vista Deal

We seem to have had some good reates here for a few years now.
Radisson Parkway $47
Hilton DTD at Xmas/New year $69
Homewood suites near universal $37 incl Breakfast
Best was last year Flight only for 3 of us $3,465 but if we took the hotel (BWlakeside) $2,640 saved $825 on flights and free hotel.
Hope it continues

My DH and I are so happy about finding this deal! Thank you for sharing this info. From what I've researched, this hotel always seems to get consistantly good reviews. We are going for only 3 nights in April, but here's my question... I don't see anywhere on my email confirmation that the breakfast is included. I did see it on the travelzoo website. Does anyone know if the included breakfast is standard? For anyone who has already booked, does your email confirmation state that breakfast is included?
Thanks for any help!!

FYI about the smoking rooms. When I called today she said it doesn't mean you won't get a non smoking room but you aren't guaranteed one. @@

My confirmation doesn't state free breakfast either. I printed out the Travel Zoo ad. If it isn't served past 10:00, I won't make breakfast anyway. I'm just happy to get a room that cheap. I have been checking around and there aren't many rooms under $100.00 out there this weekend. Disney's cheapest room was CBR at $134.00.

I wonder if this CYM has changed their bedding yet to the new kind??

Just a heads up. We stayed at this hotel 2 yrs. ago after our Disney Cruise and ended up leaving and going to stay at one of the Disney All Star hotels. We lost $$$ but it was worth it. Unless they have remodeled this hotel we thought it was terrible. At least where we were it was. It was very rundown and old. When we tried to talk to the front desk about it they just didn't care and blew us off. We were very disappointed because we have stayed at other Courtyards but this one was awful.
The only thing we were happy with was the pool. The kids had a great time in it.

Hope they have remodeled this one.

Disnymik

After reading the above post I called and spoke to the hotel directly (very very nice) and they informed me that they are in the process of refurbishing all the rooms and to request a refurbished room a few days prior if that is a concern. They seemed more than helpful and said even their unrefurbished rooms were very nice, of course I guess they wouldn't say the stunk :eek: , and that they assured me of the hotels 3 1/2 star rating :confused3 . So let's hope they are truthful.

Also, tripadvisor had some consistently good reviews so here's hoping... :thumbsup2

Well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow. The rates were too high everywhere else for me to chnage hotels. I'll let you all know.
Meanwhile, I will be bringing my own blanket & pillows <G>.

Cheryl, please post as soon as you get back (after laundry of course :thumbsup2 ) and let us know how the Courtyard was. I booked a suite so if you happen to "glance" into a suite while you are there post on that as well. Thanks so much and have a wonderful safe time pixiedust:

Just checked in. Major traffic getting here @@.

VERY clean room. New bed linens, nice white comforter. King bed with pull out sofa, free wireless internet, coffee supplies, two breakfast coupons, nice vanity outside of bathroom, safe, & desk.
I'm very pleased!!!
I haven't seen a suite yet, but have been looking through every open door. :banana:

Nice pool too, too bad I didn't get here earlier. Padded pool chairs and playground outside of it.
Some guy was at the front desk as I checked in, he booked through travel zoo, didn't want first floor, wanted pool view. She was so nice, said there weren't any, she also said there was no specified view with TZ. He was arguing with her. I was just happy to get my non-smoking room for this rate!!

What a steal. Thanks OP!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

YAY CHERYL :worship: :worship: !! Thank you soooo much for the report! Now I am psyched!! It sounds as if maybe you have a refurbished room. I hope you have a wonderful stay and thanks for "peeking" into the open doors :hug: hopefully you'll get a glance...

Hugs again and thanks for the report :sunny:

CPM said:
Just checked in. Major traffic getting here @@.

VERY clean room. New bed linens, nice white comforter. King bed with pull out sofa, free wireless internet, coffee supplies, two breakfast coupons, nice vanity outside of bathroom, safe, & desk.
I'm very pleased!!!
I haven't seen a suite yet, but have been looking through every open door. :banana:

Nice pool too, too bad I didn't get here earlier. Padded pool chairs and playground outside of it.
Some guy was at the front desk as I checked in, he booked through travel zoo, didn't want first floor, wanted pool view. She was so nice, said there weren't any, she also said there was no specified view with TZ. He was arguing with her. I was just happy to get my non-smoking room for this rate!!

What a steal. Thanks OP!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thank you so much for the report! I was starting to get worried about the room. Hope you enjoy your time at Disney.

Thanks Cheryl!! We're staying here one night in March before we checkin at Saratoga Springs. I'm interested to hear about the breakfast also. Please post a report when you get home!

Just returned from breakfast.
Very good, especially for free! LOL
There was scarmbled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy, bagels, toast, danishes, cereal, pancakes and MICKEY waffles!
OJ,Cranberry and apple juice, coffee, cocolate and white milk. :thumbsup2

Service very nice. I gave her a $5.00 tip for the two of us, she seemed very happy. It was the least I could do ;)

BTW, the coupon said 2 adult & 2 child breakfast buffets on it.
I know on TZ it said half price for the kids. :cool2:

What a deal!! :thumbsup2

There is also a nice lounge open until 10:00 with an HD TV in it, and a small business center.

It's a crappy day today. I'm going to the very tiny work out room to try & work off some of this breakfast. lol :crazy2:

Any other ?'s ask away.
Still haven't seen a suite yet, sorry.

This is wonderful, thank you so very much :thumbsup2 . How was the noise level in the rooms? I know someone posted on tripadvisor a while back that the walls were thin and you could hear everything, did you notice this?

So glad you think the place is a great deal. Any other things you might notice, post away. I feel so much better after your reports as we are staying there for 7 days :sunny: and don't want to be sorry.

yes, I can hear water running and the toilets flushing. I don't think there is anyone across from me or on the right side, so I'm lucky.
I also wish people would be more considerate and not slam doors. :eek:

The workout room was fine, two treadmills, two steppers, and weight machine. two TV's and a water cooler.

BTW, at breakfast they had a magician making baloons for the kids. Nice touch!! One little girl was eating her balloon, it took all my retsraint not to go tell her that wasn't a good idea :rolleyes:

There is not a lot of storage in the regular rooms. Just four drawers. I'm only here for two nights with just my DD visiting UCF, so we don't have much.

Oh, there is a nice shuffleboard thing by the pool too. people were playing there earlier.

Off to AK to try EE!! Bye for now. :teeth:

Well, I'm home :(

Anyway, a few more things.
We got turn down service last night. LOL Two bottles of water and a Ghiardelli mint!!
There was free popcorn in the lobby.

I saw two suites finally!! :cool1:
One was across from me, room 150. It had a king bed, dresser and TV in the bedroom divided by french doors. The living room had a full pull out sofabed, two chairs, coffee table, fridge, microwave and plasma TV! Bathroom was in living room area.
The second was 431? maybe? It was courtside. You walked in and the living room & kitchenette was there. Small kitchenette with cabinets, sink, fridge, microwave. LR had twin pullout sofa, TV and maybe one drawer, the bedroom had two double beds, TV and the bathroom was in there.

I have some pictures of the hotel and the 2nd suite. If anyone wants to see them, email me.
Cheryl1106@aol.com. :wave:

Thanks Cheryl!! I sent you an email, thanks for checking on the suites :teeth: !!

Glad I could be of help!
I sent an invitation to view the photos at the Kodak Gallery for anyone that asked to see them. So, look in your mail!

I spent Tuesday night at this hotel.

I had booked a regular room, but when I arrived at 1 AM, they upgraded me to a suite (since that was all that was left LOL!)

I had the suite Cheryl describes with the living area right inside the door. (Room 404)

A few things, this hotel is a blended hotel. Someone posted it used to be HoJo and I posted I thought it was always a Courtyard. Turns out we were both right. It was another hotel, the current owners built a new Courtyard building on the front. The suite I was in was in the older section.

The suite has two double beds, but the bed was very comfortable. I thought it was strange that they had double beds.

The kitchenette has a microwave and a frig, TINY coffee pot and coffee packets. (Check the frig temp, it froze my diet coke!) There were NO other supplies so bring anything you need.

The place actually has two pools which is nice.

Even with the hotel FULL I didn't hear plumbing noises etc. I was also on the back side closest to the interstate and I heard nothing there. This hotel is actually not that close to the interstate. (Someone posted you could hear interstate noise from here, but I am wondering if they meant the Marriott Village Courtyard which is RIGHT on I-4)

Bathroom was clean and has been remodeled since the orginal buidling was built. In an attempt to be picky I did see some rust spots on the shower curtain bar, but that was it.

All the doors are key card entry. It appears that in the courtyard part (whihc was the older hotel area where I was) they basically framed in the doorways and put the key card access on it. So when you are "inside" it looks like a hotel that opens to the outside, but it is secure if that makes ANY sense.

I was heading down to FL on business and tacked on a day to go to Epcot so I didn't even take my camera so no photos.

Breakfast was good and is served until 11. (I didn't see the balloon person!)

Free highspeed wireless interent in the rooms and in the lobby there were two PCs with interent and printers for free use.

Thanks so much Carol!! I will be there with my dh and ds for 7 nights April 6-13 in a suite so I am feeling A LOT better after hearing from you and Cheryl. Thanks so much for the report!!

If you can think of anything else please post!

Thought of one more thing.

Take the back route to Disney. Go out of the hotel onto Palm Parkway and go STRAIGHT. This road (which I don't recall the name of) runs you behind the DTD area. You go through three (?) lights and take a left at the Baseball Field. Keep going until you get to Bonnet Creek Road. This takes you right by Port Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter