Marvel Day at Sea

I was looking at the Marvel website. https://news.marvel.com/theme-parks-events/75293/meet-super-heroes-marvel-day-sea-thor/
There's a thread on the Dr. Strange show in the theater. It says:

Children play a special role in the experience, as Doctor Strange calls upon the young apprentices to learn the fundamentals of the Mystic Arts, and his Master Students lead the kids in training exercises. Each new student of Doctor Strange is awarded a certificate after completion of their mystic arts training.

If possible, could someone report on how this would work? A reservation? All kids can participate? Our Marvel Cruise is in April & I'm interested on hearing experiences from the fall cruises. TIA

View attachment 268277 Cruise docs for the first Marvel Day at Sea are arriving, so excited for the 10/6 cruise out of NYC!
We are on the 10/28 cruise & our group is trying to understand how extra WDW FP will work. Disney telling us we can get extras at kiosks once first 3 used. Won't have ticket numbers since tix will be on KTTW card, so can't use app. Is that what you're group is hearing? Looking forward to hearing from your cruise group after sailing! Have fun! Thx!

Didn't mention anything about fireworks....I thought for some reason (probably heard speculation here) that there were fireworks again on MDAS.

MJ
There are only fireworks on MDAS - it will be exciting to have a new fireworks show!

It will be our first time on a Disney Cruise so we won't be able to book the Character Meet and Greets until 75 days out. I'll be interested to hear from others how quickly they fill up. It would be depressing to miss out on those if they get all filled up before we have a chance to sign-up. Also do we know if you can reserve both meet and greets or do you have to choose between Groot and the New York crew? (Also anyone else find it funny they say Black Panther is from NYC)

If you're on a spring sailing and they have the meet & greets at the booking windows, I hate to tell you this but you probably won't get it. If they do as they did with us and it's a free-for-all at the same time no matter your status, then chances are better. We had technical glitches so I think they finally became available at 1:45 AM Eastern. I happened to get up at 2:15 AM and was able to get Groot. I wasn't able to get one of the days for NY Heroes but there were LOTS available - more than any other character meet & greets by far on DCL. NY Heroes was available two sea days plus 7:30-5:00 on MDAS. Groot only had about 5 or 6 time slots and only on MDAS, no other days. He sold out on our 10/28 cruise. I would suspect they would add more Groot slots for spring considering the popularity shown on fall cruises.

We booked the 10/14 out of NY very late and were not able to get any of the Princess M&Gs. I keep checking though. Groot was sold out but I still see NY Heroes available on different days.

MJ

There are only fireworks on MDAS - it will be exciting to have a new fireworks show!

I thought there were fireworks on Pirate Night as well....so fireworks only on MDAS?

We are on the 10/28 cruise & our group is trying to understand how extra WDW FP will work. Disney telling us we can get extras at kiosks once first 3 used. Won't have ticket numbers since tix will be on KTTW card, so can't use app. Is that what you're group is hearing? Looking forward to hearing from your cruise group after sailing! Have fun! Thx!

Yes, this is what we were told as well. Once the 3 VIP FPs are used we can make additional FPs only at the Park kiosks.

MJ

I thought there were fireworks on Pirate Night as well....so fireworks only on MDAS

We received an email - I think it was the one that had all the events happening - that said MDAS was the only fireworks. Pirate Night will be the usual deck party but no Buccaneer Blast (fireworks).

Yep, that's we all our understanding as well. I'll let you know for sure in a couple weeks!!!

I'm so excited to be on the 11/4 sailing MDAS. This is our first time out of NYC and we were wondering if anyone knows what to expect weather-wise? Is the Eastern Coast more choppy than the Caribbean? This is our 7th DCL cruise. We are going with our 16 and 19 y/o DD's and we won't be doing the character meet and greets, but look forward to the other fun events planned.

Safe travels to those lucky enough to be on the October 6th cruise. Have a great trip! And when you get back I'm sure there will be plenty of us excited to hear your thoughts about Marvel Day at Sea and hopefully see some pictures too! I'm hoping Disney really goes all out with a great deck show, lots of Meet and Greet Opportunities, special food, etc.

We received an email - I think it was the one that had all the events happening - that said MDAS was the only fireworks. Pirate Night will be the usual deck party but no Buccaneer Blast (fireworks).
We are on the 11/4 sailing and have been told fireworks for both Pirate and Marvel nights.....

"Later that night, its all hands on deck for the Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck Party starring Mickey Mouse and his pals- and featuring a fireworks spectacular at sea!'

I looked through all my emails and it said there will be fireworks on the Marvel day, but no where did it say ONLY on Marvel day. I guess we shall soon see.

I looked through all my emails and it said there will be fireworks on the Marvel day, but no where did it say ONLY on Marvel day. I guess we shall soon see.

I was on the phone with Disney earlier this week and the CM I talked to said there is a specific note that our cruise will have 2 fireworks nights. We are in the 10/6, but i would think that applies to the other MDAS sailings.

Has anyone found out if there is going to be a Formal night on the HOTHS & MDAS cruises? I know 7 day and longer cruises usually have a formal night but for some reason something is nagging in my brain telling me that we are not having one. Can anyone confirm. We are on the 10/14 Magic. I can't remember if "Formal Night" was listed on the cruise activities page on the day it happens. It is not listed on any night (usually 2nd night) on our cruise but again can't remember if it was listed on my past 7 day cruises.

MJ

Has anyone found out if there is going to be a Formal night on the HOTHS & MDAS cruises? I know 7 day and longer cruises usually have a formal night but for some reason something is nagging in my brain telling me that we are not having one. Can anyone confirm. We are on the 10/14 Magic. I can't remember if "Formal Night" was listed on the cruise activities page on the day it happens. It is not listed on any night (usually 2nd night) on our cruise but again can't remember if it was listed on my past 7 day cruises.

MJ
10/14 sailing will have formal night on Sunday.

I'm following along. We just booked the November 11th Marvel Day at sea, can't wait for an update on if fireworks are on both nights, I haven't seen anything showing us anything different....

I'm following along. We just booked the November 11th Marvel Day at sea, can't wait for an update on if fireworks are on both nights, I haven't seen anything showing us anything different....

The problem is, well not a problem unless you're on the next sailing, the first Marvel cruise is out to sea right now so we won't know for another week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter