Matching up 60 Day and 30 Day FP+?

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
We are staying on property in January and will make our FP selections 60 days out. Grandparents are staying off property and will be joining us for a few days so I'll make their FP 30 days out. Any advice on trying to match these up? I want the good ones but don't want anyone to feel left out. We did this a couple years ago and I have memories of riding SDMT while grandma and grandpa waved at us from below. :(
My other idea is to hand over my magic band so they can ride sometimes but then I'm missing out....

You don't need to match them up. As long as their tickets are already in MDE you will be able to book for the whole party at once when your 60 days opens up.

They don't have to be on a room reservation to make their FP+ selections at 60 days?

They don't have to be on a room reservation to make their FP+ selections at 60 days?
No; as long as you group them with you they enjoy your open 60-day window.

From the FP FAQ Booking Section:
  • Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
    • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

You don't need to match them up. As long as their tickets are already in MDE you will be able to book for the whole party at once when your 60 days opens up.

This is huge!! I had no idea! We used a vacation planner last trip and she never mentioned this. Thanks so much!!

You'd be surprised at how little some vacation planners know about the details of a WDW vacation. Glad you came to the boards to ask.

Which is why I laugh at the people who just wing it for their once in 10 year trip, then do nothing but complain about how miserable they were.

They knew we and some friends go all the time, but were to proud to ask for help, or accept advice when offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter