May 18, 2016: Wonder 5 night - San Diego to Vancouver

How do I go about finding people for fish extenders for this cruise .. any assistance would be appreciated ...

So excited! Are the fish extenders groups started?

This is my husband and my 2nd cruise but first Disney cruise. We are bringing our three children and the Grandparents (their first cruise). We are really excited and would love to participate in the Fish Extender's. How do we sign up?

Has anyone started a fish extender group yet?

Not yet, this is my first Disney Cruise, but my friends have told me such great things about Fish Extenders. I do not know how to start one...

I also would like to join a fish finders group. We are taking our 8 year old grandson and I think he would this.

Can you send the info on fish extenders this way please

It appears there is no Fish Extender group here on DISboards. There may be Fish Extender groups on other social media sites, but they are separate.

For those interested in starting one here, I've written a little informative post:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often people will post on their cruise meet thread as soon as they book a cruise and say "I want to participate" and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

OK, now that you have all met up on your Cruise Meet thread, and some people who have expressed an interest in participating in a Fish Extender exchange, it's up to one of you to be the contact point.

One note of importance, for those who wish to converse with each other (what Private Messaging is called here) you must have 10 posts to do so.

Would anyone be interested in a private Mixology class? I organized one for our cruise last October and it was a lot of fun! It was also nice knowing that you already had tickets to it & didn't have to worry about signing up righter after getting on board. There's a minimum of 20 people, and the cost is $25. Please let me know either on here or through private message if you would like to attend :o)

DH and I would be interested in a Mixology class :cool2: Ed and Lisa 7628

Thank you for organizing! :flower3:

Greetings,

I have not seen a FE but that does not mean people are not interested. I don't do that other social media so i don't know what is happening but does not seem to be a lot of activity here.

Is anyone staying pre cruise in San Diego ? We are locked into a Hilton or Marriott property so we can use points, so Embassy Suites looks like our probable. Marriott looks like other possibility, both on Boardwalk but ES is closer to port a possible peddle taxi to ship.

Hi I have never used this sight and not sure how it works. PhiSigKris I would like to be added to the Mixology class for My Husband and I. Thanks. Mychele and Oscar

Would anyone be interested in a private Mixology class? I organized one for our cruise last October and it was a lot of fun! It was also nice knowing that you already had tickets to it & didn't have to worry about signing up righter after getting on board. There's a minimum of 20 people, and the cost is $25. Please let me know either on here or through private message if you would like to attend :o)

Hi I have never used this sight and not sure how it works. PhiSigKris I would like to be added to the Mixology class for My Husband and I. Thanks. Mychele and Oscar

OK, it looks like we have enough people for Mixology! Hooray!
Here's who I have down from Disboards:
Donna, Jessi, & Mike (I have your stateroom #)
Ed & Lisa
Mychele & Oscar Olvera
Please message me your stateroom # and last name, DCL requires this so they know who to charge. Once we hit the 30 day mark DCL will look at the ship's schedule and see where they can fit us in. They will let me know & I will let you guys know.
Thanks everyone!!!

DH and I would be interested in a Mixology class :cool2: Ed and Lisa 7628

Thank you for organizing! :flower3:
I think we have enough people. Can you please message me your last name & stateroom #? I've posted a message below with more details. Thanks!

OK, it looks like we have enough people for Mixology! Hooray!
Here's who I have down from Disboards:
Donna, Jessi, & Mike (I have your stateroom #)
Ed & Lisa
Mychele & Oscar Olvera
Please message me your stateroom # and last name, DCL requires this so they know who to charge. Once we hit the 30 day mark DCL will look at the ship's schedule and see where they can fit us in. They will let me know & I will let you guys know.
Thanks everyone!!!
Wow that is great Thank you so much!
Mychele and Oscar Olvera Our Stateroom is 5127.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter