May 18, 2016: Wonder 5 night - San Diego to Vancouver

We are staying at Embassy Suites SD the night before the cruise and hoping to just walk to the cruise port on 5/18. It looks like there are tons of cabins left open on this cruise - it must not be very popular. Guesstimating they are around 50-60% capacity right now. Going to be weird being on such an empty ship. Maybe they will drop the prices dramatically to get more people on board.
Can't wait - we booked a car in SF to drive around - down to San Jose to see the Winchester Mystery House as well as the Computer History Museum - and the garage where Steve Jobs and Wozniak invented the modern computer :)

We're doing a Segway tour in SF in the morning then a walking food tour of Chinatown in the afternoon/evening. The Computer History Museum sounds cool.

I am willing to do a Fish Extender list. However, this is our first cruise and I might not do everything correctly. I have already started collecting items, so if we don't have an official list my husband and I will do a random gift giving. We only have a short time, so post here I will start a list.

@PhiSigKris I hope it's not too late. I just found this board. My husband and I would love to be apart of the mixology class. My name is Rupal and my husband is Ross. We are in room 7596. Thanks a lot for setting this up!

Edit:
Also I tried to PM you and i can't figure out how to...we will need to book some time at the nursery for our 21 mo son so I was wondering if you know what day/time the class will be held. Thanks!
Heard back from DCL and you are now on the list! We'll see you Thursday, the 19th, 2:00 pm in the Cadillac Lounge. You won't receive tickets, so just show up!

I didn't see a "Dress Up" night on the itinerary on the DCL web site, just the Pirate Night. Is this something official or just tradition? My wife and I are celebrating that we both turn 50 this year, and had our 25th wedding anniversary in December. First cruise ever, hoping for smooth waters. Flying from Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada), getting into San Diego a few days before, doing to do the trolley tour around the city, and I'm going to check out the USS Midway. I am finding the message board incredibly helpful for info on the logistics, packing, planning, activities, what to expect, etiquette, motion sickness, dining. I think this will be a great "first cruise" for just enjoying all the amenities on the boat instead of getting on and off each day for another port visit. For the one day in San Francisco (never been), we're doing the Hop On, Hop Off bus tour so we can see the Golden Gate, Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, China Town and Fisherman's Wharf.

Dress Up night replaces Formal Night on two thru six day cruises. "Dress Up" is official.

May 18 - Wed - Embark - Cruise Casual
May 19 - Thu - Sea Day - Pirate Night
May 20 - Fri - San Francisco - Cruise Casual
May 21 - Sat - Sea Day - Dress Up
May 22 - Sun - Sea Day - Cruise Casual

Last edited:
Wow, this trip is coming up so soon...it is Sunday night. We leave on Tuesday to get to San Diego the night before the cruise :) I think we are going to pack a coat and hat and gloves - just not sure how cold it will be out on the ocean and we want to be able to enjoy our balcony and the decks without being freezing. Hope everyone has a safe trip to SD and look forward to seeing you on board.

I'm starting to pack and am so excited! :banana: This is our 1st DCL cruise. My first cruise was 3 months ago to Encenada on Carnival and I had sooo much fun! I am hooked! Sister K & I are taking the Amtrak Surfliner down from OC to San Diego. San Francisco we're planning the Disney Family Museum & bike rentals at Golden Gate Park (hopefully the gusty winds stay away). Sister K also mentioned Go Car rentals. I don't know...it looks like the cars were stolen from Disneylands Autopia.:car: . We're staying 2 extra nights in Vancouver before flying out. We have our walking shoes ready to explore!:cool1:

Hello. We sailed on the Wonder May 1 - 15 prior to your group and I would be grateful for your help. Apparently when dh emptied the safe in our stateroom, he just grabbed the iPad and did not feel around. He left the pouch that had my rings in it - my anniversary diamond band, my Grandmother's anniversary diamond band, my Great-Grandmother's gold wedding band, the garnet that my Mom gave me for my 16th birthday...all special and meaningful. I am kicking myself for not going back to check it after he did. I called lost & found it has not been turned in, but I understand that it can take some time for the information to get back to Orlando. We were in cabin 7098 if anyone on here happened to to be in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter