• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2010 Pre-Trip Report - Hooray! Leaving in Less than a Day!

I cannot believe that there is 65 days left. That is nothing compared to where we started for this trip. Although we had to wait 1.5 years, it didn't feel like it was that long. This means that the wait until the next trip will be very minimal!

This trip, I am going to be less focused on the rides, and more focused on taking pictures. I have some goals set for myself of what things I want to take pictures of, and the rest will just be random shots.

I would like to take photos of:
- All the topiaries at the Flower and Garden Festival
- All the longhouses at the Polynesian Resort
- All the ride signs at Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom
- All the food that we eat on this trip

I have to think of more things to take pictures of, but trust me I will come back with tons of pictures. I might have to change the quality settings on my camera, but it's not that they will be of less quality, it's just that when you zoom in on the pictures they will become more blurry if the camera is on the lowest setting, and less blurry if they are on the highest setting.

Friday, February 26 2010

So there are 64 days left and it feels like this week has blown by. Tomorrow I am going to a mall with my family. Now I know what you are all thinking "whoop-de-doo a mall..." but it's not the mall that I am most excited for. It is the fact that in order to get to this mall you must pass by the Pearson International Airport, which is where we will be leaving from in 64 days. I plan on using my iPod to take a quick video as we pass by the airport with me screaming because I know the next time that I see an airplane flying away, I will be on one.
:banana::banana::banana:

My next obstacle to over come before Disney is my final exams. :sad2: Stressed to say the least! But Disney will help me get through this time frame. :woohoo:

I look forward to checking out all the pictures.

I'm sure exams will be fine. I get to give exams in 2 weeks.

I'm joining in. We'll be at WDW at the same time. It looks like we won't cross paths too much. I think the only planswe have in common is DHS on Friday. We're going May 5th to 14th and staying at Beach Club Villas the first couple of nights and switching to Bay Lake Towers after a short stint at Universal. I'm drooling over your plans to eat breakfast at Kona multiple times. I love the Tonga Toast!

Saturday, February 27 2010

2259698742_548ef165c1.jpg

So this morning we passed by the Pearson International Airport. Although it was slightly snowy outside…ok more like a blizzard outside, I was able to catch a glimpse of the tails of the airplanes. This made me smile because I know that the next time I see an airplane, and not one in the sky, I will be waiting in the airport. I know that I said I would take a video of the airplanes outside, but it wasn’t very visible. I tried, I have a video but you cannot see a thing. I saw many signs pointing in the direction of the airport, so that was nice treat.

airport%20(450%20x%20300).jpg

I think that we are pretty set on our dining reservations now, which is excellent. Typically we change our dining reservations a few times because we decide that our original park plans might be better in a different way or a reservation might be better on a different day. The one thing that kind of bugs me is the calling system Disney uses when you are calling the travel center. You have to almost scream your answer to the automated answer person.

There are now 63 days left until we leave for Disney. So 63 days from now we should be picking out a rental car. I know which one I would like, but I’m not sure if my parents want it. In December of 2008, we got a Chevrolet Impala in a midnight blue color. Nothing beats the time when I went to the local store and saw the exact same brand of car and color and it immediately brought me memories of our past Disney trip.

I need to update my list of Disney songs. I think maybe it’s time to listen to the Wishes soundtrack. I use to listen to Wishes when Wishes was going on at WDW, but I was at home, in the snow, and missing Disney!

I realized today that I have been slacking on the pictures for my pre-trip report. I need to work on getting some of those posted :-) Look for them in the next week or so. I think last trip I took about 784 pictures. This year, again, I want more.

I realized the other day that my favorite ride is the Tower of Terror. I used to be scared of it, and didn’t go on it for 5 or more years, but I love listening to the background music for it, and watching videos taken by people on the ride. I hope to use my iPod to take a video of rides too when I’m there.

Anyways, that was my long-winded update. I know it’s not that long, but I don’t have much to add yet. Haha.

Have a nice day!!

PolynesianLily

sun.gif

Great shot of that Air Canada plane....so much snow!!! I noticed the 1030am flight from Pearson to Orlando left over an hour late this morning....now I know why....all that snow will do that.

Great shot of that Air Canada plane....so much snow!!! I noticed the 1030am flight from Pearson to Orlando left over an hour late this morning....now I know why....all that snow will do that.

Since I was too far away to take an actual picture, I took it off of Google because it looked EXACTLY like that.

That was SLIGHTLY snowy?!?! WOW! I have never seen that much snow in my life!

It's so exciting we're all getting closer to trip time!

Haha, in Canada that amount of snow is nothing.

So, I have come to the realization tonight of something that is almost sad but 100% happy at the same time. In order for you all to understand this realization I will explain something. Currently, I am a student in University. I go to a university that is too far from my home to drive to everyday. Due to the distance and time, my parents can only pick me up every few weekends.

Well, I realized that since I have classes on mondays, that the next monday I will be with my parents, and not talking on Skype will be....wait for it....

IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

I have no more mondays at home until Disney!!!!!

The sad part?

Well, the next monday I will be at home, in my home town...I will be 19, and not 18 anymore.

Sigh...too bad you can't stop time.

I thought today was 62 days left, but instead it is 61 days!

I am beginning to get my Disney music collection together, and as I am writing this update I am listening to Spaceship Earth.

More information later!

Tuesday, March 2 2010

Today is officially two months until the trip. This is way to exciting because I know starting tomorrow, the countdown is on to a month. So I thought in honor of the 2 month mark, I will post some pictures. First up is a few of my favorite park at WDW:

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

dscf0601c.jpg

dscf0340i.jpg

dscf0022de.jpg

dscf0143d.jpg

dscf0613a.jpg

Before you ask, I am obsessed with taking the same picture of the same building or object multiple times :lmao:

dscf0010iu.jpg

dscf0298.jpg

dscf0573n.jpg

dscf0575j.jpg

I will definitely post more pictures later today!

dscf0367f.jpg

Less than 2 months now! I cannot believe it considering when we first book it was slightly under a year away!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I thought in honor of this day, I will use green font to give my quick, but overdue update.

We havn't done very much more in terms of planning for the trip. I have been away from home for 17 days, so there isn't really much time to plan anymore unfortunately.

My exams are in less than a month, so I will try to do an update every once in a while but I do have to study, which means ignoring the DIS for a month. I'm not even sure if that is possible!!

Anyways, I will give a longer update later!!

Exams are more important than the Disboards (did I just say that:confused3) we will all be here when you are finished them and then you can tell us what great marks you got:banana:

Exams are more important than the Disboards (did I just say that:confused3) we will all be here when you are finished them and then you can tell us what great marks you got:banana:

:rotfl2: :teacher:
School to me is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot of hard work. The closer I get to the end of the school year, the closer I get to Disney :dance3:
:wizard:

44 days!!!!!

:wave:

dscf0233f.jpg

Good Afternoon to all those who are reading this post!

Today is 28 days left until the trip begins! Although my desktop countdown says that there are 27 days and I know I put the date in correctly. Strange, but I like it :rotfl:

Since I have a few moments so I thought that this would be a great time to do an update. After looking over our schedule for our trip we have found that we are a little bit worried about not having enough time to see and do everything. For this trip we want to try some rides and shows that we have never seen or done before. I might even make the suggestion to go on It's A Small World when we are touring around Fantasyland :rotfl:.

So we havn't changed our plans...much, here's the schedule:

Monday, May 3 2010
7:45 am- Kona Cafe
9:30 am- Magic Kingdom
6:05pm - Cape May Cafe
7:30pm - Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Tuesday, May 4 2010
8:00am - Kona Cafe
9:00am - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
3:50pm - Garden View Tea
5:00pm - Earl of Sandwich

Wednesday, May 5 2010
7:45am - Captain Cooks
9:30 am- Epcot
12:05 pm- Biergarten
5:00pm - Lotus Blossom Cafe

Thursday, May 6 2010
7:45 am- Grand Floridian Cafe
9:30am - Animal Kingdom
3:00pm - Animal Kingdom Lodge
5:00pm - T-Rex

Friday, May 7 2010
8:00 am - Cape May Cafe
9:00 am- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
1:00pm - Boat to Epcot
8:00pm - Epcot

Saturday, May 8 2010
7:45am - Kona Cafe
10:00 am- Downtown Disney
11:00 am- Boat to Port Orleans Riverside
12:30 pm- Earl of Sandwich
1:30 pm- Animal Kingdom Lodge
3:00 pm- Shopping
4:00 pm- Ghiradelli’s
5:55 pm- Cape May Cafe Dinner

Sunday, May 9 2010
7:45 am- Kona Cafe
9:30 am- Animal Kingdom
5:00 pm- Earl of Sandwich
7:00pm - Magic Kingdom

Monday, May 10 2010
7:45 am- Grand Floridian Cafe
9:30 am- Magic Kingdom
1:30pm - Les Chef de France
6:00pm - Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Tuesday, May 11 2010
7:35 am- Kona Cafe

I think since the last time I posted, we have changed a few of the breakfast times, because they were a bit too early (or late) either way. :laughing:

I began my search this morning for a streetsview of the Tower of Terror on Google Maps. I love Google Maps for providing a streets view of Walt Disney World because on there you can see the signs that tell you which way to go to get to the different hotels and parks!!

A month until Hollywood Studios, my favorite of all the Disney Theme Parks (for now that is). I cannot wait to get my hands on a park map even though I have a ton at my house, I just can't wait to see them sitting in a little display waiting for eager guests to take one and stare at it for hours...oh wait I think i'm the only one who does that. :3dglasses

We are planning our next trip to Walt Disney World for February 2012, so that is really exciting!!! popcorn::

I cannot believe how fast time went by. Here I thought I would be sitting in my house staring out my window at snow wishing for May to come. Nope. But I cannot believe it's already April 4th ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Since when!

Oh and one last thing....

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter