• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2010 Pre-Trip Report - Hooray! Leaving in Less than a Day!

Tuesday, May 4 2010

What park will we be travelling to today you might be asking yourself?Excellent question! Today we are going to my favorite park, it is the one and the only Disney's Hollywood Studios! (I personally refuse to actually call it Disney's Hollywood Studios, but rather I like to refer to it as 'the Studios').

Anyways, I thought I would through in some extra details, give some background information. Now you might be asking yourself why this park is my favorite, and well - it is because it is the Hollywood that never was, and always will be. Honestly, I love the theming of this park, and the rides are fantastic! There is just this vibe I get when I walk into the park that makes me smile.

Our plans for breakfast this morning would be located at the Kona Cafe. We were originally going to do the Cape May Cafe buffet for breakfast, but since we would have eaten there the night before, we thought a buffet for dinner and a buffet for breakfast the next day would be a little bit much.

We'll try to stay at the park as long as we possibly can - but of course we have reservations at the Grand Floridian for the Garden View Tea. I am pretty sure we will be walking over to the Grand Floridian for this because it is only a 5 minute walk, pointless to take the car. I guess you can say that we don't have a full day at the Studios which makes me sad, but I will defiantly try to get all my picture taking done within the time frame that I have. For dinner we are going to Downtown Disney to the Earl of Sandwich. Of course we will be stopping at Ghiradelli's for a lovely chocolate sample if they are still giving them out that is. I love going into Ghiradelli's and getting a free sample, it makes me want to buy something. Good job on the marketing there!

Our after dinner plans are pretty much non-existant like the majority of our trip. I'm not sure if we will go back to a park, or just shop at Downtown Disney. Regardless, I won't be putting the camera down.

Anyways, that was the short little update and trip plans for Tuesday. I hope that you enjoyed it, and look for another update tomorrow!!

Those sound like two wondeful days of plans! Although DHS is not my fave park, I always love to hear what people love about it. You have some wonderful reasons there. BTW, it will never really be DHS to me either. I call the Studios as well.

Those sound like two wondeful days of plans! Although DHS is not my fave park, I always love to hear what people love about it. You have some wonderful reasons there. BTW, it will never really be DHS to me either. I call the Studios as well.
Thank you!
I love every park for a different reason. I change my favorite parks with each trip haha.

What time is it? Well it's time for the daily weather check! Has the weather changed? Will it rain? Unfortunately, the answer to both questions is yes. Of course the positive aspect is that it is too far out to take the weather predictions seriously. But still, let's see:

Sun: 86F
Mon: 87F
Tues: 85F
Wed: 82F*
Thurs: 83F
Fri: 82F*
Sat: 85F

*=Showers

Pixie Dust for no rain: :wizard:

I have never really taken weather predictions very seriously to begin with because I know that they could be incorrect, and probably are. It's just a nice indication of what it could be, and helps me to decide what sorts of clothes to pack.

Day 3 - Wednesday May 5

What park are we going to today, you ask? Why we are going to EPCOT of course! Over the recent trips I have taken to Walt Disney World, my love for Epcot has continued to grow. There are so many things to do and to see at Epcot, and it makes it quite difficult to see and do everything within one day.

For breakfast this morning we will be eating at Captain Cook’s Snack Company. This is the food court located inside the Great Ceremonial House at the Polynesian Resort. This food court has some lovely breakfast selections, but compared to other food courts, it lacks some variety. My parents will be having coffee at the upstairs coffee bar called Kona Island. At the Kona Island you can get Kona Café and take a seat at a ‘table’ that overlooks the monorail station. I love sitting here with my parents looking at the monorails passing by trying to figure out what color they are etc. I guess this would be a good place to see how long it takes between monorails, because I know many people ask this question, and it is a very good question.

After breakfast we will go back to our room, get ready than walk on over to the Transportation and Ticket Centre. At the Transportation and Ticket Centre you can take the Epcot monorail to Epcot. It offers a fantastic view of the landscaping at Walt Disney World. The Epcot monorail makes me smile. Now, as for our touring plans for today, I am not sure where exactly we will be starting at but here are some attractions we would like to see:

- Innovations East & Innovations West
- Living with the Land
- Maelstrom
- Mission: SPACE (?)
- Soarin’ (?)
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Universe of Energy

I know there are something’s that I am missing, but I cannot think of them right now. When I do I will update the list!

Since we will be travelling during the first and second week of May, as you all might know, we will be able to see the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. Since the Flower and Garden Festival will be going on when we are at Walt Disney World, this adds an extra challenge. There is so much we want to see and do, but so little time. Needless to say that we also have lunch reservations at Biergarten, which is a first time for us. This is why, personally, I say that leaving one day for each park might not be enough for some. For some people doing the popular rides is enough for them. For others, it is taking your time, walking around, not really focusing mainly on the rides. We will be returning to Epcot on Friday.

Pictures:

dscf0506.jpg

dscf0054yc.jpg

dscf0168zi.jpg

BONUS Update: UPDATE FOR SAT. APRIL 24 2010

As I sit here writing this update for my pre-trip report I cannot help but to notice a few things. The first thing would be the fact that next Saturday will be May 1st. I am also realizing exactly how busy I will be packing and updating my pre-trip report, preparing for the trip, making sure we have everything etc. I cannot possibly wait for tomorrow, just to be able to say that next week I am going to Walt Disney World. That is just crazy!!! The next thing I realized, well it’s not really a realization, but more of a confession. I am in love with the Polynesian Resort lobby. It smells so good! I know it might be weird to say, and for some it might smell disgusting, but for me it smells like home and it smells like love. It is the kind of smell that when I smell it back at my real home in Canada, I am immediately brought back to the place I know and love with my entire heart.

I was thinking of ways to make my pre-trip report a little more interesting so I thought why not ask a few questions:

1/ What is your favorite park?
2/ What is your favorite resort? On-site or Off-site.

My favorite park is Disney’s Hollywood Studios and my favorite resort is the Polynesian. I’m not sure if there was any doubt there, but I have noticed that I took the most pictures at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Oh, and out of all those pictures, the majority of them are of the Tower of Terror. I cannot believe that for a time there I was so scared of the Tower of Terror. Now, it is my favorite ride. Of course, I get a little bit nervous going on it for the first time on each trip because I am not use to going on rides. But after the first drop or lift, I let go of the handle bars that are located beside each seat, and throw my hands up in the air. Oh and of course I SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!! There is nothing like walking down Hollywood Boulevard and hearing the shrilling screams of those riding the Tower of Terror. I'm not sure if I will be going on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith - it depends. That ride still scares me.

What park will we go to on Thursday May 6? It's nah-ta-zu!

BONUS Update #2:
I felt like I needed to do another update, to add some details, and to say what I'm thinking right now regarding the vacation. I have read many threads on the DIS before about 'How Do You Know Your In Disney World?'. Well, the way I know begins even before we actually enter the Disney 'bubble'. I remember in December 2008, we walked off the plane at the Orlando International Airport and the first thing I could smell was chlorinated water. There is something about the smell of chlorinated water that reminds me of Walt Disney World. Whenever I smell chlorine, I immediately am brought back to Walt Disney World in my mind and in a way, it feels like everything is just right.

I am amazed at how many people share the love for Disney. It seems like in my everyday life there arn't that many people who share the same love and obsession for Walt Disney World as I do. But when I come on these boards, I am surrounded by those who are Disney lovers and everything just seems so perfect. The planning of the trip is so magical, making ADR's, booking the hotel, figuring out which day to go to what park. Everything about WDW is so magical.

NEW Update:

I am very, very excited to announce that there is now only 1 week until my trip to Walt Disney World. The panic is officially settling in. One week from now we will be getting ready to go to the airport, or actually driving to the airport. Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly there for once. I remember on our December 2008 trip, our plane was a little late leaving because the flight attendants were coming in from another flight that was delayed and one of the flight attendants was not feeling well, so they had to find a replacement for her. I am way, WAY too excited for this trip. I hope the excitement gets me through my exam tomorrow night. I'll be doing a few more updates later on today with pictures and more.

What time is it?
WEATHER TIME!

Sun 2: 91F; 73F
Mon 3: 91F; 72F
Tues 4: 89F; 69F
Wed 5: 88F; 64F
Thurs 6: 80F; 61F
Fri 7: 84F; 60F
Sat 8: 81F; 64F
Sun 9: 84F; 65F

Well at least the predictions of rain have disappeared. Let's just hope that it stays that way!

I was just looking at the food court menu for Caribbean Beach and noticed that they had a TON of yummy things to eat there. Now this is what makes me upset. The Polynesian doesn't have many things to eat at the food court, and it is way more expensive than the Caribbean Beach resort. Every resort should have several options for people to choose from. I don't like blue cheese so of course that narrows down the Polynesian food court menu because a couple of the items on the menu contain blue cheese. Selection will make me want to eat at the food court and not somewhere else. I think that is the reason why we liked the Caribbean Beach so much was because number one it is a beautiful resort and number two it has a really good food court. If I were to stay at a moderate resort again, I would defiantly stay at the Caribbean Beach.

~*~ All it takes if faith, trust and pixie dust ~*~

dscf0425p.jpg

Is this picture any indication of where we will be travelling to today for the Day 5 plans?

If you guessed Disney's Animal Kingdom then you are 100% correct! I'm pretty sure it will be hard for me to write this update and stay on track, without discussing the fact that I am leaving in 1 week.

Day 4 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Park

dscf0367u.jpg

Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe

I remember when I first say the "nah-ta-zu" written on the top of the Animal Kingdom Park maps, and it took me forever to figure out how to say it, or to understand what exactly it meant. It was not until I saw an Animal Kingdom commercial that I heard them say that "Disney's Animal Kingdom is many things but one thing it's not...it's NAH-TA-ZU!" and then it clicked. Clever disney, very clever indeed.
Anyways, many people don't like Animal Kingdom because it is too hot for them, but I enjoy it. Although, I do find myself getting a tad bit frustrated when I can't take a good picture on Kilimanjaro Safaris, but I am pretty sure I have it figured out now. I'm not sure if we will go and get a fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safaris first or Expedition Everest. I don't mind standing in the stand-by line for Expedition Everest anyways, so it really doesn't matter to me. I'm not sure what we are going to do for lunch this day but I do know that we are going to Animal Kingdom Lodge to look around at the Animals. Our plans for AK are very minimal, but hey - we do the trails and such. Where will we eat for dinner - who knows: possibly the Wolfgang Puck Express or maybe somewhere else.

dscf0435w.jpg

BONUS: Update #2

I thought that I should do a few more updates to my pre-trip report today since it is 1 week. Currently I am off the wall excited, I cannot believe that it is almost here, it's the final stretch! I'm not really too sure about our evening plans or dinner plans for some of the nights, but I do know that for two of the nights (Monday & Saturday) we will be eating at the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner. The reason why we are going here twice is because we love it so much. We first tried this dinner buffet in December 2008. We were a bit nervous about eating there because it sounded like it was a big seafood buffet, but after we arrived there and got a chance to look at the food, I noticed that it wasn't just strictly seafood, but there was a ton of regular food that look appealing. There were salads, pastas, soups, meats, vegetables and desserts. Come to think of it I know I said that in my Monday update, but I thought I would just say it again because I love this dinner buffet so much. I need to remember to look up a few things such as directions and how many toll booths there are between the Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World. I still have so much I need to do when I return home. Since my last exam is tomorrow night, that means that it is finally time to go home. Tomorrow will be a long day, but Tuesday will be spectacular! On Tuesday I hope to watch High School Musical 3 and then play some Toy Story Mania on the Wii. Of course I need to start thinking about the clothes I want to bring with me to Florida. I also need to pack my carry on bag, my autograph book and some other stuff. I was going to bring my pins, but I don't want to trade any. I think while in WDW I might just get a few more pins. I was defiantly going to get one from the Tower of Terror. Oh the Tower of Terror! Goodness this trip is making me so so so excited!

The airport terminal we are in leaves a lot to be desired, trust me. We flew with Air Canada before and we flew out of terminal one which was the newly refurbished terminal. Terminal one is absolutely GORGEOUS compared to terminal three. In terminal three the seats are ripped and, well there arn't any good places to eat. I'm not sure if it is just me, but I love thinking about things such as "in one week I will riding..." or "in one week I will be eating at...". Saying these things just make me smile so much!).

Today's word is . . . PANIC

So I was thinking to myself, what will I be doing a week from now? What are my hopes? How do I see our arrival day occurring - positive or negative? Well, of course I hope that everything goes smoothly, but sometimes that hope does not come true. Noting will get me down I say, NOTHING! Since I was thinking of things to do for my pre-trip report updates, I will be posting "at this time next week". I love saying these things to myself, and they make me smile and give me energy. Perfect.

westjet-flying.jpg

Extra Updates

10:05am - This time next week hopefully the boarding calls will begin for our flight. Of course those with disabilities and those with small children board first, then everyone else boards. Either that or they do it by seats - those sitting at the very back go second etc. I cannot remember how exactly the boarding process goes. The plane will be leaving at 10:30am. Let's just hope this plane is on time.

10:50am - This time next week hopefully we will be up in the air and on our way to the Orlando International Airport. I love the feeling of taking off on an airplane, yet when the airplane turns I feel slightly ill. I love looking out the window and feeling like you are so big and the world is tiny. It's so cute to see the little cars driving along, where for once they look like ants - even though you know they really arn't. My favorite part of flying is when we are officially over Florida. That is when you see houses with lovely pools, lakes, ponds, green grass. LOVELY. That word cannot even begin to describe the views that an airplane gives. I just looked online at the departures list for the Pearson International Airport and noticed that the same flight we are taking next Sunday left at 10:27am! That's 3 minutes early. Ok, that's not really anything to get excited about, or it may seem like that to some people - but I got excited when I saw that. Minutes matter when it comes to traveling to Disney. (Just 156 hours to wait...).

11:13am - I just checked the Orlando International Airport's arrival schedule and noticed that although the scheduled time for the flight to arrive is at 1:15pm, the estimated time of arrival is 1:03pm. This flight is the exact same number and departs/arrives at the exact same time as our next Sunday. Once again, here's to hoping that the exact same thing happens next Sunday for our flight!

12:45pm - I recently checked the Orlando International Airport's arrival schedule, and they have now changed the arrival time to 1:10pm. At least they are arriving early, I will defiantly check at 1:10pm to see if it actually happens, you never know. I cannot believe that this time next week, I will be on an airplane. This is too toooooooo exciting!

1:30pm - After all that excitement, the plane landed at the exact time it was supposed to. Well this time next Sunday we will probably be ready to get off the plane and go claim our bags. I can check our flight information 96 hours in advance or 4 days in advance. I always get so excited when I hear that voice over the speakers at the Orlando International Airport. The one voice that warns you about liquids etc. So comforting!

2:45pm - I was trying to determine where we would be right now. I most likely think that we will be either driving to or arriving at our hotel. If we arrive at the airport at 1:15pm, we probably would get off the plane at 1:30pm by the latest, walk to the monorail, zoom on over to the baggage claim at 1:50pm, check in at Alamo, pick out our car leave at 2:15pm. In a perfect world we would arrive at our hotel at 3:00pm or 3:20pm by the latest. Maybe i'm exaggerating the times, but still I don't want to say something and get my hopes up. Excited, yes!

3:30pm - I am hoping that by this time next Sunday we are checked into our hotel. We requested the Tahiti Longhouse on the 3rd floor. I'm not sure if we will be getting our requests fulfilled, but of course any room at the Polynesian will be lovely! It just so happens that the Tahiti longhouse is a nice distance from the Great Ceremonial House and has some amazing garden view rooms. It is also close to the parking lot, which allows us to transfer our luggage easily. I remember on our last trip, I stepped out of the car and I was immediately faced with a palm tree. I took a picture of it because it made me smile. To see the monorail beam behind the palm tree in the picture puts a smile on my face. Walking through the lobby doors and entering the Great Ceremonial House is an amazing feeling.

4:50pm - By this time next Sunday we should have our hotel room and already be settled in. Hopefully we would have gone to get our refillable mugs and a snack or a meal for dinner. I think tonight when i'm falling asleep I will listen to wishes.

Firstly, DON'T Panic. The answer is 42.:thumbsup2

And then keep thinking "This time next week...this time next week...":cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

It's getting closer all the time.

Woohooo!!!!! It does keep getting closer and closer. I'm currently listening to Wishes because this time next week I will be seeing wishes!

Today's word is . . . Excitement.

I'm going to go along with the theme from yesterday with the whole "thsi time next week". Let's give this a shot:

7:30 a.m. - this time next week I will be waiting in the lobby of the Polynesian for my father to come to breakfast. Usually my mother and I go for a morning walk to the Grand Floridian along the designated walkway. Then we wait in the lobby for my dad if we have breakfast reservations at Kona Cafe. Just saying this I can virtually hear the sounds of the lobby, with the waterfall. Of course and the smell of the lobby adds to this magical feeling I get when I talk about the Polynesian lobby.

Day 5 - Disney's Hollywood Studios & Epcot

Today will be our split day at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We don't really need another full day at DHS, but we do need some more time at Epcot. Considering it's the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, that is a reason in itself for making a return trip to Epcot.

At DHS, we probably will ride Toy Story Mania again, and who knows maybe even get to ride the Tower of Terror. At 1:00pm, we will be taking the boat over to Epcot. We havn't taken the boat from DHS to Epcot for a few years, and certainly it is time to take it again. I'm hoping to take a few good pictures from the boat. Of course that would be if I don't drop the camera in the water and knowing me that is quite a possibility. At Epcot we probably will go find something to eat, but something light. For dinner tonight we are going to Downtown Disney. Although, I don't know exactly where we are going to eat there.

To summarize day 5's plans, we are just going to the parks today to wander around, do things that we didn't get to do the day before. Take pictures look at the flowers etc. This day sounds like a lot of fun!

I forgot to mention that for breakfast on this day we will be going to the Cape May Cafe for breakfast.

Our 2009 touring plans for DHS, were to get a fastpass for Toy Story Mania once we entered the park, and then if the Stand-By line was not too long then we would go and ride Toy Story Mania using the stand-by line as well. Considering the fact that by the time we would arrive at Toy Story Mania, the fastpass return time would be 1:00pm. They certainly do go quickly, especially since the line for this ride is extremely long. I think the reason why the line for this ride is long (the stand-by line) is because of the Mr. Potato Head. You cannot see him if you take the fastpass line, and he is something very cool to see and hear in the stand-by line. I think that many people do what my family do in the sense of getting a fastpass then hopping into the stand-by line.

As I was writing this portion of my pre-trip report and talking about Disney's Hollywood Studios I couldn't help but to think of seeing the sign for the Tower of Terror as we enter the Walt Disney World property and drive down to our hotel. The sign for it always makes me laugh, and it is extremely amazing to actually see the Tower of Terror as we are heading to our resort. I'm hoping this time, we can figure out which exit to take in order to see these things. I'm hoping to get a few pictures, but of course I need to practice with the camera.

Pictures

dscf0559s.jpg

dscf0297o.jpg

dscf0063kk.jpg

dscf0509nd.jpg

Since I am going home tonight for the summer, I thought I would tell you all my plans for the week. I plan on partially relaxing this week. Of course with an upcoming Disney trip how can I relax? So for Tuesday, I plan on watching High School Musical 3 and then playing some Toy Story Mania. Wednesday, I plan on beginning to figure out what kind of clothing I would like to bring with me to Florida. Thursday, I plan on packing my other stuff such as maybe a couple of pins, a lanyard and my autograph book. Friday, I plan on getting together my fanny pack and card holder that I bring with me to the parks. Of course Saturday, I will do all the left over things.

I'll probably be really excited tomorrow so I might just end up doing everything tomorrow. I know I said I wasn't going to do an update today, but I figured that I had some time to spare.

Weather Update

I almost forgot to do a weather update for today. Today I will attempt to check many weather websites to see if they are similar or different in any manner.

Accuweather
Sunday 2: High = 91F; Low = 73F
Monday 3: High = 91F; Low = 72F
Tuesday 4: High = 87F; Low = 69F
Wednesday 5: High = 88F; Low = 62F
Thursday 6: High = 82F; Low = 56F
Friday 7: High = 77F; Low = 58F
Saturday 8: High = 81F; Low = 62F
Sunday 9: High = 82F; Low = 67F
Monday 10: High = 87F; Low = 71F

Myforecast
Sunday 2: High = 91F; Low = 74F
Monday 3: High = 88F; Low = 72F
Tuesday 4: High = 87F; Low = 71F
Wednesday 5: High = 89F; Low = 67F

Thursday 6: High = 85F; Low = 62F
Friday 7: High = 81F; Low = 61F
Saturday 8: High = 83F; Low = 63F
Sunday 9: High = 85F; Low = 65F
Monday 10: High = 87F; Low = 67F

The days in blue are rain. I am not really believing that there will be rain on the days that they say that there will be rain.

So I am officially home for the summer, which means from now until Sunday, my only concentration will be on the trip to Walt Disney World. For some reason last night I was looking out my window staring up at the sky imagining the Hollywood Tower Hotel at night with the sign glowing in the dark. Oh the amount of pictures I could take of that. I hope to someday go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at night, but the only way to do that is either on the Extra Magic Hours – Evening or if the park happens to be open a little bit later.

Anyways, for today’s pre-trip report update, I will be going through our plans for Saturday May 8.

Day 6 – No Park

Yes, you did read the above subtitle correctly; we will not be going to a park on the Saturday. Each trip there is always a day where we don’t go to a park just because of the amount of days on our park tickets. So what will we be doing with our day off you might be asking. Well that is a good question, and I will be happy to answer it! Today we will be going to Downtown Disney and travelling to a few hotels. I’m not sure exactly what hotels we will be going to, but one of them might be Animal Kingdom Lodge. With us visiting Downtown Disney, it gives us a chance to relax there and take our time. It also will allow us to explore all three sides of Downtown Disney. Typically we have only explored the Marketplace. I’m hoping this time we have the chance to explore the West Side.

I was examining my pictures and noticed that I was lacking pictures of Downtown Disney. Certainly, this trip that will chance – I will take a ton of pictures at Downtown Disney. I’m hoping to get pictures of the Marketplace, Pleasure Island and the West Side. I did get a few shots of the Marketplace and Pleasure Island last time, but they were not very good quality. Here we will be eating at the Earl of Sandwich for lunch and eating at Cape May Café for dinner. This will be our second time eating at the Cape May Café dinner buffet for this trip. It speaks volumes that we would book two Cape May Café dinner buffets when we recently tried it for the first time in 2008. We tend to only eat and book restaurants that we like multiple times (such as with the Kona Café).

If there is time, we might even go swimming for a little bit in the afternoon. I’m certain it will be warm enough to do so. I don’t know what our evening plans are for tonight. We might go for a walk, or just relax in the room.

Next Itinerary Update: Mother’s Day at Walt Disney World

Bonus Update #1
There are now officially 5 days left until the vacation and I cannot believe it. I thought that this week was going to go by slowly but so far it’s been going by quite quickly. I’ve been hearing quite a few bad reviews of the Polynesian from those who have recently stayed there. This is making me a little bit nervous because many people are saying that these problems exist in the Tahiti longhouse, which is the longhouse we requested to stay in for this vacation. We have never really had a problem with this longhouse before, so that’s why we always request our room to be located in it. I guess I will find out if all of these bad reviews apply to every room, or just to some. I love the Polynesian resort, but don’t get me wrong it certainly does have its flaws. Many people complain about the price of resort rooms at the Polynesian, but with paying $400 or more a night, you are not just paying for the room. You are paying for the amenities, location, food and access to the parks essentially. Let’s take a look at the Polynesian:

Polynesian
- Monorail, Close to the TTC (take monorail to Epcot), Boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom
- Can see the Magic Kingdom from beach, Able to watch Wishes from the Beach, Watch the Electrical Water Pageant from beach
- Kona Cafe, Ohanas, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Kona Island Coffee Bar, Sushi Bar, Lounge
- Pool with a slide, pool has a view of Cinderella’s Castle
- Rooms are larger

In comparison to a resort like Pop Century, of course you are going to be paying more for staying at the Polynesian due to the access you get for it. I love the Pop Century, but I also love the Polynesian. Many people also complain about the theme of the resort, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Certainly there are a few resorts that I don’t like the theme of. I just love being at Walt Disney World because it is an amazing place. Just thinking that this time next week I will be eating at the Kona Café, anxiously awaiting for us to travel to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I think by now everyone knows that at the DHS, my favorite ride is the Tower of Terror. I also really love Toy Story Mania as well, and I think that it is a great addition to this theme park. I also still love Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, but in comparison to Toy Story Mania, I like TSM more. At least on this ride you can see where you are shooting. I find it difficult to see where I am shooting exactly on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. Maybe that explains why my score is always so low on that ride. Or maybe I am just using that as an excuse.

I always take a ton of pictures of the Tower of Terror, just because I love it so much. I’m hoping this time to get the perfect desktop shot. I can just picture walking down Sunset Boulevard seeing the Tower of Terror in the distance and hearing people screaming. I also love the Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith. I never use to want to go on it, but once I did, I fell in love with it. I thought the ride was going to be scary, but I got so into the music that the ride did not bother me whatsoever. I love the music that they play outside the ride. When I come home from the vacations to Walt Disney World I always put on some Aerosmith and reminisce of the Studios. The music makes me feel like home, just like some other Disney music makes people feel like they are back at Walt Disney World.

There are 5 days left until the vacation. Am I saying that correctly? It doesn't seem right...5 days? Wow I am correct. I just wanted to make sure because whenever I said that there were 5 days left until the vacation I thought I was imagining it. Tomorrows update might be a little bit different.

I realized that I did an update for our day plans on Monday which I was not scheduled to do. For this update I will be discussing things that we need to get done for the trip etc. But first, a weather update:

Sunday 2: 89F / 73F
Monday 3: 91F / 73F
Tuesday 4: 91F / 74F
Wednesday 5: 90F / 57F
Thursday 6: 81F / 60F
Friday 7: 84F / 63F
Saturday 8: 85F / 65F
Sunday 9: 86F / 67F
Monday 10: 87F / 66F

I cannot believe that we are already at 4 days until the trip. I was making my lunch earlier this morning and I thought to myself "Is today really Wednesday?". It's insane how fast this week is going by when I thought that it wouldn't. I only have two more days of relaxing and then Saturday will be a mad dash with packing and trying not to scream from all the excitement.

After reviewing our park plans for the trip we figured out that we were only going to the Magic Kingdom twice, a week apart. The problem with this is that...well I bet you can see the problem. We need to go to the Magic Kingdom more than twice. We might go on the Tuesday.

Hi all!

I am a little bit shocked at the fact that today is Saturday May 1 2010. Officially it is less than a day until we leave for Walt Disney World. I wanted to thank you all for joining me on my pre-trip report, even though it has been quite boring. I am hoping to make my trip report more interesting with stories and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter