*** May 2017 Disneyland Check-In ***

You guys running the marathon and 10k are inspiring!! IF I ever ran another race, I'd want it to be in DL!!

We aren't going for my birthday, per se, but it will be 2 days before my bday!! Love celebrating at DL!! I love Cafe Orleans for celebrating!

We will have a baby girl with us this trip for the first time in 13 years (she'll be 7 months old)!!! I'm more excited to take her on the carousel and small world etc, than ride my favorite rides!! Our whole family will enjoy seeing the park through her sweet little eyes!!

Debating where to stay still....have DelSol bunk bed room, candy cane inn and BWPPI all reserved...we like walking from Harbor. It'll be dh, me, our 2 girls 16 & 13, and baby girl. Thinking 3-days in the parks...waiting for dh's bonus in march to buy the tickets...if it's generous we'll splurge for hoppers!

May 20-24 hurry up and get here!!

I love reading everyone's plans. We will be there May 11-13. I will be running the Think 10K on Saturday. DH and I are taking a kid-free trip. We will staying at Hojo. Our only park day will be Friday the 12th. Can't wait!

I haven't been active on DIS in a while...I have an unfinished TR from October :sad2: ...do you ever come back from a trip and feel too bummed out to get on the boards? It's hard to see all the fun you aren't planning for anymore...

Well I have my next trip booked for May 6th-10th at BWPPI. In the parks 7th, 8th, and 9th. So, I'm back. :love:

You guys running the marathon and 10k are inspiring!! IF I ever ran another race, I'd want it to be in DL!!

We aren't going for my birthday, per se, but it will be 2 days before my bday!! Love celebrating at DL!! I love Cafe Orleans for celebrating!

We will have a baby girl with us this trip for the first time in 13 years (she'll be 7 months old)!!! I'm more excited to take her on the carousel and small world etc, than ride my favorite rides!! Our whole family will enjoy seeing the park through her sweet little eyes!!

Debating where to stay still....have DelSol bunk bed room, candy cane inn and BWPPI all reserved...we like walking from Harbor. It'll be dh, me, our 2 girls 16 & 13, and baby girl. Thinking 3-days in the parks...waiting for dh's bonus in march to buy the tickets...if it's generous we'll splurge for hoppers!

May 20-24 hurry up and get here!!
2 days before your birthday still counts as your birthday IMO. And how cute with a baby...awwww. Her reaction will be priceless! (Or she'll sleep through it!:P)

We'll be doing SoCal from April 30 — May 5, with LA/beaches from Fri-Mon, arriving at the new Homewood Suites on Monday. Planning on doing the parks Tu/Wed/Thu, leaving Friday.

It's me, DH and DS3. We're WDW vets, but totally new to DL and SoCal. I'm still stressing (in a good way) over what to do our days before the parks. All I know we want to stick to touring within an hour of LA, do a beach day and *not* do any other theme parks. It will be an adventure to plan! Though it's a mental change bc I'm used to the hurry up and plan then wait forever of WDW. I have to retrain my brain that I don't need to panic bc it's "only" four months away. :rotfl:

Haven't decided whether to do a half day at a park on the day we move hotels to Anaheim or do maybe a character meal. Would love suggestions for half-day!

We took DS on his first Disney trip to WDW when he turned 2. At that time we did one of those tear-off chain countdowns (which he really didn't get, but it was fun for me, lol). Might try that again. Anyone doing any pre-trip countdowns or similar fun?

2 days before your birthday still counts as your birthday IMO. And how cute with a baby...awwww. Her reaction will be priceless! (Or she'll sleep through it!:P)
Thanks! I'm hoping she will sleep through some of it! Not a great napper so we will see!! It's been 13 years since we had a baby with us! So excited, buying lots of Disney outfits already for her...:rotfl2: dh thinks I'm crazy! I'm excited to try the rider switch! With our 2 teenage daughters along they'll really benefit from it!

So, where is everyone staying? I've got 3 reservations booked currently!:bitelip: Del Sol, BWPPI, and CCI. I'm leaning toward the first 2 for the added closeness to the parks, but like the feel of cci. The Del Sol room would have bunk beds for my teens to sleep separately (making a better trip for all of us!!)

We'll be doing SoCal from April 30 — May 5, with LA/beaches from Fri-Mon, arriving at the new Homewood Suites on Monday. Planning on doing the parks Tu/Wed/Thu, leaving Friday.

It's me, DH and DS3. We're WDW vets, but totally new to DL and SoCal. I'm still stressing (in a good way) over what to do our days before the parks. All I know we want to stick to touring within an hour of LA, do a beach day and *not* do any other theme parks. It will be an adventure to plan! Though it's a mental change bc I'm used to the hurry up and plan then wait forever of WDW. I have to retrain my brain that I don't need to panic bc it's "only" four months away. :rotfl:

Haven't decided whether to do a half day at a park on the day we move hotels to Anaheim or do maybe a character meal. Would love suggestions for half-day!

We took DS on his first Disney trip to WDW when he turned 2. At that time we did one of those tear-off chain countdowns (which he really didn't get, but it was fun for me, lol). Might try that again. Anyone doing any pre-trip countdowns or similar fun?
I'm afraid I can't help you on what to do in LA - I'm from Australia and have only done a couple of LA tours. I have a reservation for the new Homewood Suites near the convention centre too. It looks good but is a bit of a walk from where we usually stay, although the Toy Story Parking lot is right beside it so I think we'll catch the shuttle from there. Let me know what it's like! I guess it depends on what time you arrive in Anaheim. If it's still pretty early I'd go to Disneyland. Our flight arrives at 12.25pm so we don't expect to get to our hotel until about 2 (after customs, bags, traffic etc) but we'll still go to the park. But if you don't want to, you could just do Downtown Disney and Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. Maybe have a look at the Resort Hotels. From what I understand, everything is much more compact than WDW so you'll be pleased/surprised at how close everything is.

Thanks! I'm hoping she will sleep through some of it! Not a great napper so we will see!! It's been 13 years since we had a baby with us! So excited, buying lots of Disney outfits already for her...:rotfl2: dh thinks I'm crazy! I'm excited to try the rider switch! With our 2 teenage daughters along they'll really benefit from it!

So, where is everyone staying? I've got 3 reservations booked currently!:bitelip: Del Sol, BWPPI, and CCI. I'm leaning toward the first 2 for the added closeness to the parks, but like the feel of cci. The Del Sol room would have bunk beds for my teens to sleep separately (making a better trip for all of us!!)
We're booked at Desert Inn and Suites. I've stayed there before and loved how close it was to the park. I also have a reservation at the new Homewood Suites near the convention centre (there's another one a few blocks further down - I booked that one by accident first - I thought it was the same one ...woops!) It looks like a nice new hotel and the suite looks bigger than DI&S, plus it has a hot breakfast, but it is further away. Although it's next to the Toy Story car park so we can just use the shuttle. We just have to decide which is more important, being super close, or more comfortable. :confused3

We're booked at Desert Inn and Suites. I've stayed there before and loved how close it was to the park. I also have a reservation at the new Homewood Suites near the convention centre (there's another one a few blocks further down - I booked that one by accident first - I thought it was the same one ...woops!) It looks like a nice new hotel and the suite looks bigger than DI&S, plus it has a hot breakfast, but it is further away. Although it's next to the Toy Story car park so we can just use the shuttle. We just have to decide which is more important, being super close, or more comfortable. :confused3
We will also be at the DI&S, our second time there and I will sacrifice a big room/hot breakfast for being close to the entrance. :)

I haven't been active on DIS in a while...I have an unfinished TR from October :sad2: ...do you ever come back from a trip and feel too bummed out to get on the boards? It's hard to see all the fun you aren't planning for anymore...

Well I have my next trip booked for May 6th-10th at BWPPI. In the parks 7th, 8th, and 9th. So, I'm back. :love:

My family and I will be there the same exact days! And yes, I feel the same way. We just went in December and don't usually go again so soon but DD asked to go for her birthday and well, who are we to stop her?

I have a reservation for the new Homewood Suites near the convention centre too. It looks good but is a bit of a walk from where we usually stay, although the Toy Story Parking lot is right beside it so I think we'll catch the shuttle from there. Let me know what it's like!.

Thanks, and I will absolutely report back. We were really happy to see there was a newer Homewood Suites. We always stay at one when we visit my family. When you have a kiddo with an early bedtime and naptime, you can't beat that separate bedroom! Otherwise you're sitting in the dark twiddling your fingers until they fall asleep :rotfl:

That and we've always been really impressed with their breakfasts. I mean, it's not brunch at the Four Seasons, but it's a huge improvement on most free hotel breakfasts!

My DD17 and I are going for the Tinkerbell run weekend! We're running in the 10K on Saturday. Doing costumes and everything (already started working on them). We're so excited!! May 11 - 15 staying at the Park Vue.

My DD17 and I are going for the Tinkerbell run weekend! We're running in the 10K on Saturday. Doing costumes and everything (already started working on them). We're so excited!! May 11 - 15 staying at the Park Vue.
Just looking at your info below your message. Wow, you've been a lot! Feel free to share any hints and tips you have. What costumes will you be wearing?

Heading there May 11-16. My wife is running the Tink half marathon on Mothers Day and my kids are running the kids run the day before. I won an award so we are spending the cash prize on this trip and splurging a bit. Can't wait to see my kids experience DL.
Congratulations on winning an award! No better way to spend it than to take the family to Disneyland! Just a bonus that your wife and kids get to run too!

I've been in a couple check-in threads, and this one seems to be the quietest. I'm going to take that as a good sign that it may be less crowded when we go.:P

I've never been in May. I'm hoping its a lull in time for the parks. It's after all the spring breaks, and before the summer when all the beloved attractions under refurb re-open. I know there is a half marathon going on, but it's the week after I go.

Obviously I'm not banking on these, but its giving me a positive feeling. My last few trips were the week before Halloween, the week before the 60th ended, and then the week of Thanksgiving....so I've always been on 9 or 10 out of 10 crowd level days. Should be interesting to see what happens! :scratchin

96 days! :cool1:

I was told once by someone that Disney strategizes these marathons during their slow periods to inject people into the park in what would be a slow period otherwise. Not sure if true but makes sense, I guess. Not that this bit of info means anything to anyone.

It's an oxymoron though. If we all knew when it'd be quiet at the park, we'd all go at that time. I went end of May 2014 and the crowds were not too terrible. I think the longest we waited for was about 45min for Pirates and we had Grad Nite to contend with. May is good for us because it's not *as crowded* compared to July & August; weather is better as it's warm but not unbearable; my wife and I have a better chance of booking vacation time in May whereas you're competing with coworkers for July and Aug vacation dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter