*** May 2017 Disneyland Check-In ***

Checking in! Dh and I are going the 11-15. I originally booked us for the weekend before when o found out 2 of the nights would be grad nights. But I just found out about the tink half. Does the marathon impact the business of the park much?

Has anyone been able to book WoC dessert party for May? I am trying and it says sorry that time is not available, but I tried different days and different # of people and still no go. Do I need to wait until 30 days? I tried an early day in April and it still did not work.

I will be booking the woc dessert party tomorrow for the May 10 date. For the last several days I've been able to do a mock run of a ressie for this. I'm able to click on an early May date and then click the search for times button. My party is for a party of 2. I've been able to see a time for the party and then click on it like I could book it. Wonder what your trouble is?????

We will be there May 25th-29th, spending May 26th-28th in the parks :) It sucks to be going Memorial Day Weekend but it's for DH's 40th birthday. I'll be 7 months pregnant and we'll have our 2 year old so this should be interesting. Staying at the Hilton.

We went last year in May and were there for Mother's Day and part of the marathon. The weather was great except for some rain.
Probably not going to be the 'best trip ever' being 7 months pregnant and Memorial Day, but no time's a bad time for Disneyland. Plus you'll have an excite4d 2 year old and a birthday to celebrate so it'll still be great! We'll be going on Mothers Day and the marathon this year - what were the crowds like that weekend last year?

Checking in- we will be there May 7-10. First visit for DW, I was there in 1968, so yeah, a few things have changed. I was only 6 years old in 1968 but still have memories of that trip. I had a cousin who was an extra in a classroom scene of "Family Affair" so I was able to visit that set at the time. I still remember being bowled over by meeting Johnny Whitaker!

After dozens of visits to WDW we can't wait to experience DL.
Yeah, you might notice a couple of changes since 1968! :D

:welcome: to all the new people. Not long now until May. I've got 55 days until we fly out so I'll start making reservations this week. The schedule is out until the last week in April so not long until we can see what'll be happening while we are there. Very exciting! :cheer2:

If I've missed anyone's name in the first post, please let me know!

I will be booking the woc dessert party tomorrow for the May 10 date. For the last several days I've been able to do a mock run of a ressie for this. I'm able to click on an early May date and then click the search for times button. My party is for a party of 2. I've been able to see a time for the party and then click on it like I could book it. Wonder what your trouble is?????
I was able to book it :) It seemed to be the site - I am just a little paranoid since my account freezes between trips. I've had to call them to reset it at least 5 times! I was thinking of doing the dessert party on the 10th ut did not know how it would work with it being a grad night. I know they have their own WoC, but does it change the time of the regular WoC?

I was able to book it :) It seemed to be the site - I am just a little paranoid since my account freezes between trips. I've had to call them to reset it at least 5 times! I was thinking of doing the dessert party on the 10th ut did not know how it would work with it being a grad night. I know they have their own WoC, but does it change the time of the regular WoC?

Thanks on the reminder of it being grad night that night! I'd looked earlier but forgot about it. I made my May 10th WOC dessert party ressie and it says 8:15pm for I'm assuming a 9:00pm show. I'm assuming then that there is the show for us regular people, and then a second show later that night for the grads. I'm still keeping that ressie as it fits better with our schedule, but now I'm thinking hmmmmm, wondering about the busy-ness of the dca park the later into the evening it gets. Might have to read up again on how that all goes! My sis and I had maybe planned on taking a bit of a break in the early evening/supper as this will be our first full day here and my time zone will be off by two hours and my sis will be three ahead of CA time! We were wondering how tired we'd be that night, but the dessert party fits in best for us this night. Anyway, glad you got your reservation and thanks for the reminder on grad night!!

Probably not going to be the 'best trip ever' being 7 months pregnant and Memorial Day, but no time's a bad time for Disneyland. Plus you'll have an excite4d 2 year old and a birthday to celebrate so it'll still be great! We'll be going on Mothers Day and the marathon this year - what were the crowds like that weekend last year?
Hah, yeah it will be interesting! But any craziness at DL beats being home :) And I really want DH to have a nice birthday, he's gone through so much this year.

I thought the crowds were pretty bad last year for marathon weekend/Mother's Day. I think part of that was just that I haven't been to Disneyland a lot over the past 5 or so years and we're used to the openness of WDW. The crowds were manageable but I remember telling my friend I had never seen it so crowded.

My husband and I will be there May 4 til the 11th. We are staying at the Marriott just outside the parks. We are thinking of a 5 day ticket, non park hopper, as we have a tour of Los Angeles one day. Really looking forward to it! We live near Disney World so go there often, but DH has never been to Disneyland and last time I have been there is 1970.

I still need to book something for our last night, but I just booked our hotel for the night before our flight (airport is 2 hours away!). I also need to book a city tour for the 10th which is a grad nite.

I check every day, and every day I see flight prices going up. Not today! Our Southwest flights went down a total of $177 ($59 each) :rainbow: The funds expire on Jan 5th so I told DH we have to take a trip next year (we were not planning one trying to save $$), or we could go back to DLR in Oct since our APs expire late Oct :stir:

Hello to all. Im obsessively thinking about my upcoming trip. Only 41 days till we arrive. Soooo excited!
I mentioned this on another thread but thought I would also post it here for my fellow May peeps that may be interested ........I noticed today that the Indiana Jones ride is listed under refurbishments on the Disneyland site beginning May 1st. Still gonna have a fantastic trip but its a bummer!

Bad news everyone. Indy will be down for refurbishment May 1-26. I'm so sad! Indy and space are my 2 favorite rides. DD just watched the first Indy movie too
:guilty:

No!!! Where did you see this? Is this an early April Fools??

I wish. I'm so sad! It's showing on their calendar that it's down beginning May 1. I called and the person I spoke with looked it up and said it's until May26. I hope there's a chance she's wrong but we'll be there starting May 7 so doubt it will be down for just a week.

I wish. I'm so sad! It's showing on their calendar that it's down beginning May 1. I called and the person I spoke with looked it up and said it's until May26. I hope there's a chance she's wrong but we'll be there starting May 7 so doubt it will be down for just a week.
I am so bummed! This is my first trip to Disneyland. Been planning this trip for years. I am so bummed right now :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter