May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

I’ve heard a lot on here about long lines with hertz and it makes me nervous. Do you think that’s the case with early morning flights? And how long is the wait typically?
I've not heard any issues with Hertz having long lines. I've only seen reports of Budget having the line issues. If you sign up for Hertz Gold Rewards, you can skip the counter and head straight to the garage. That's what I did in Feb and that was my first time using Hertz.

I've not heard any issues with Hertz having long lines. I've only seen reports of Budget having the line issues. If you sign up for Hertz Gold Rewards, you can skip the counter and head straight to the garage. That's what I did in Feb and that was my first time using Hertz.
I’m sorry, I meant Budget and that’s who we have a reservation with.

I’ve heard a lot on here about long lines with hertz and it makes me nervous. Do you think that’s the case with early morning flights? And how long is the wait typically?
Hit or miss. My last trip in Aug Hertz had no line mid morning whereas Budget was crushed. I do have Hertz again for the cheapest but have Alamo as a backup

Yes, we got an Email the day beforehand that said "Check in now for your rental" and skip the counter!" Turns out that we were signing up for Gold Rewards. About the long lines, there was no one at the counter when we arrived about 1:00pm. DH wasn't sure everything had gone through and we could go right to the garage. So it only took a second or two to check and off we went.

Still haven't gotten any better than $411 for my 8 day rental for a standard SUV. I think this is it since I'm down to single digits until we arrive.

No, I just showed them my account profile in the Budget app which had my Fastbreak # displayed.
Just curious when you got to the garage, was your rental on the board already or did they have to process it there once they relented?

Budget was brutal last Aug. They are on my only if you have to use list
Nuts, I hate these kind of reports :( my anxiety is growing. I've been a diehard Alamo guy forever.

Hi all, I am doing Avis Prefereed for the first time next weekend. We land in terminal B. Does anyone know where I go to get the car? The terminal b counter or somewhere else? Thanks!

Well my rental never dropped through costco so I did the Budget through UT also - $216 vs $391 except I will have to get a rideshare to the airport to pick it up on a Saturday afternoon so a bit less savings. (My old rental was picking up at the Holiday Inn near Universal). DH's plane lands at 4:30, no checked bags, I scheduled the rental for 4 PM in case I have to wait in line, am very curious about the FastBreak success ratio.

I was able to log in to Budget Fast Break and add my reservation. I'm going to give it a shot on May 14th. Will let you know how it goes!

Last edited:
7015504 Visa Code
Thank you! Over 800 for my dates, 9 day rental with Alamo. I do prefer to go with them, but Yikes!!! 1/2 that for budget with Undercover Tourist. Maybe I will rent with them and then hope Alamo goes down by a lot. Thanks again!

The Budget rep at MCO said I had to call Budget to add my FB # to my UT reservation. Did that and was told they could not modify a third party res by adding the number. Luckily the line at the counter was short at 3:45 on Saturday afternoon!

The Budget rep at MCO said I had to call Budget to add my FB # to my UT reservation. Did that and was told they could not modify a third party res by adding the number. Luckily the line at the counter was short at 3:45 on Saturday afternoon!
Glad to hear that the line was not long for you. We arrive 9:00am on 5/30. Since it’s Memorial Day, I fear long lines even at that early time. Anyone else have experience with the counters around that time?

Just got about $100 drop in Alamo rate. I used the Costco code 7014627. Consequently, that brought me down to even with what I was getting with UT Budget deal so I'm canceling that right now. I'm giving up a mini van with Budget for a standard SUV with Alamo. Sacrificing a little space, but at least now I can stop worrying about Budget counter line and go straight to garage and pick my own ride which gives me piece of mind :goodvibes :cool2:

Just got about $100 drop in Alamo rate. I used the Costco code 7014627. Consequently, that brought me down to even with what I was getting with UT Budget deal so I'm canceling that right now. I'm giving up a mini van with Budget for a standard SUV with Alamo. Sacrificing a little space, but at least now I can stop worrying about Budget counter line and go straight to garage and pick my own ride which gives me piece of mind :goodvibes :cool2:
What is your arrival date? Just trying to figure out how far in advance you see the best rates. I’m 2 weeks out, with arrival on 5/30.

What is your arrival date? Just trying to figure out how far in advance you see the best rates. I’m 2 weeks out, with arrival on 5/30.
6/3 @11am. Been pounding the rental sites all day with various codes. Finally got lucky with Alamo. It was about $97 more for the same rental throughout the day.

So... I just put my exact length of rental in starting on 5/30 and it's actually $10 cheaper than I got earlier. You might want to go take a look.

Last edited:
6/3 @11am. Been pounding the rental sites all day with various codes. Finally got lucky with Alamo. It was about $97 more for the same rental throughout the day.

So... I just put my exact length of rental in starting on 5/30 and it's actually $10 cheaper than I got earlier. You might want to go take a look.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked to make sure nothing changed and Alamo is $613 for economy. I currently have $418 midsize Thrifty or can get $307 economy Budget through UT. Maybe it’s higher because we arrive on Memorial Day???

with messing around with the time of pick up and time of drop off I managed to get

Alamo - 5/28 to 6/3 - Midsize $316

I can't believe I'm happy about that but days of rentals under $200 for a week or so have changed.

Surprised that when I changed the pick up time to be 30 minutes earlier the price dropped by $25. Car was a midsize in both scenarios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter