May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

Wanted to share an update on my experience with Budget. Our flight was 50 minutes delayed leaving Pittsburgh and then had to circle for a bit due to storms in Orlando. Instead of arriving at 9:20, we finally arrived at 10:45.

By the time we got off the plane and to the counter it was after 11pm. We had rented a 12- passenger van through UT so I was unable to add my Fastbreak ID. W

When I got to the counter, there was a hard sell on insurance telling me that they would not bill my primary insurance, but would instead charge my credit card directly. I asked if he couldn't just apply our fastbreak number to the reservation and let us go, but because it was booked through a third party, he could not. As far as billing my credit card directly for any damages, I believe that this is a lie and in contrast to FL state law. It’s even printed at the bottom of the contract! This hard sell kept me at the counter for about 25 minutes!

Then I was told that, although I had my flight information on the reservation and had been told that was to make sure the car was in the right terminal, it was not. We had to lug 11 bags and 6 people, one of whom was in a wheelchair and needed pushed, back through MCO from terminal A to terminal B. I asked if they could bring the van to us and I was told that if I wanted the van I should go get it!

When we finally got to terminal B, the only van available to us was a larger 15-passenger van. It seemed ancient with no Bluetooth even! Because it was higher than a 12-passenger, my husband had to lift my 18 year old son, who uses a wheelchair, into and out of the van.

There was zero cargo space so all the suitcases had to ride on seats. Additionally, the knob was missing for the air conditioning, which meant that the entire time we had the van, the air had to be kept on high.

Further, there was no one there in terminal B to even ask for the car we’d actually reserved. Perhaps because of the time, the service desk was empty. I attempted to discuss with the person who checked us out as we left with the van, but he literally laughed at me.

Worst rental car experience we’ve ever had and we will never use Budget again.

Wanted to share an update on my experience with Budget. Our flight was 50 minutes delayed leaving Pittsburgh and then had to circle for a bit due to storms in Orlando. Instead of arriving at 9:20, we finally arrived at 10:45.

By the time we got off the plane and to the counter it was after 11pm. We had rented a 12- passenger van through UT so I was unable to add my Fastbreak ID. W

When I got to the counter, there was a hard sell on insurance telling me that they would not bill my primary insurance, but would instead charge my credit card directly. I asked if he couldn't just apply our fastbreak number to the reservation and let us go, but because it was booked through a third party, he could not. As far as billing my credit card directly for any damages, I believe that this is a lie and in contrast to FL state law. It’s even printed at the bottom of the contract! This hard sell kept me at the counter for about 25 minutes!

Then I was told that, although I had my flight information on the reservation and had been told that was to make sure the car was in the right terminal, it was not. We had to lug 11 bags and 6 people, one of whom was in a wheelchair and needed pushed, back through MCO from terminal A to terminal B. I asked if they could bring the van to us and I was told that if I wanted the van I should go get it!

When we finally got to terminal B, the only van available to us was a larger 15-passenger van. It seemed ancient with no Bluetooth even! Because it was higher than a 12-passenger, my husband had to lift my 18 year old son, who uses a wheelchair, into and out of the van.

There was zero cargo space so all the suitcases had to ride on seats. Additionally, the knob was missing for the air conditioning, which meant that the entire time we had the van, the air had to be kept on high.

Further, there was no one there in terminal B to even ask for the car we’d actually reserved. Perhaps because of the time, the service desk was empty. I attempted to discuss with the person who checked us out as we left with the van, but he literally laughed at me.

Doesn't sound like good experience at all. I think I would just give the guy a resounding NO to all and any upgrades. If I wanted them I would've added during rental. Keys Please! The A & B side thing is supposed to
be based on which airline you arrive on and therefore terminal.

Customers arriving on AereoMexico, Alaska, Avianca/Taca, Azul, Copa, Frontier, Interjet, jetBlue, Miami Air, Southwest: Please proceed to our consolidated Rental Car Garage on the Terminal A side of the airport for pick-up.

Customers arriving on Aer Lingus, Air Transit, Emirates, Hawaiian, LATAM, Norwegian, SunWing, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, American, Bahamasair, British Airways, Caribbean, Delta, Edelweiss, Gol, Icelandair, Lufthansa, Silver, Spirit, Sun Country, Swoop, Thomas Cook, United, Volaris, Westjet:
Please proceed to our consolidated Rental Car Garage on the Terminal B side of the airport for pick-up.

Thanks so much for the update! It sounds like a nightmare experience. We arrive tomorrow and after much debate, we ended up NOT reserving through UT. I have spent a lot of time checking and double checking for the best rates and my final rate is $358 for a standard through Dollar direct AAA rate. Through UT it would have been $307 for economy with Budget. I’m happy to pay $50 more to go straight to garage and get a bigger car. Sorry about your awful experience!

Doesn't sound like good experience at all. I think I would just give the guy a resounding NO to all and any upgrades. If I wanted them I would've added during rental. Keys Please! The A & B side thing is supposed to
be based on which airline you arrive on and therefore terminal.

Customers arriving on AereoMexico, Alaska, Avianca/Taca, Azul, Copa, Frontier, Interjet, jetBlue, Miami Air, Southwest: Please proceed to our consolidated Rental Car Garage on the Terminal A side of the airport for pick-up.

Customers arriving on Aer Lingus, Air Transit, Emirates, Hawaiian, LATAM, Norwegian, SunWing, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, American, Bahamasair, British Airways, Caribbean, Delta, Edelweiss, Gol, Icelandair, Lufthansa, Silver, Spirit, Sun Country, Swoop, Thomas Cook, United, Volaris, Westjet:
Please proceed to our consolidated Rental Car Garage on the Terminal B side of the airport for pick-up.
Exactly! We flew in on SW so the van should have been on the A side!

We weren’t offered an upgrade. We were told to go to space V6 and the car would be there. When we got to V6 the 15-passenger was there. We still had an amazing trip (upgrade to Club Level at Coronado sure did make up for that crappy van)

Sorry to hear your experience. In contrast, we had just gotten off a cruise transfer around 9 at the airport on May 20th. There was no line at the counter and we had only one question about insurance, pre-paying gas and tolls, all declined. We rented through UT, a midsize SUV and they assigned us a Subaru Forrester. It was an older vehicle, but was in good condition. Likewise, our experience in January was good too with no up-sells, although I was able to associate my FastBreak number with the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter