May 2nd, 2023 - DVC The Villas @ Disneyland Hotel

I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another west coaster / local and VGC owner here, just purchased 150, split into 100 and 50 šŸ˜‡
Donā€™t need the blue card as we already have it. Just liked the $20 discount plus CM discount at 150.
Glad to hear theyā€™re allowing splits to qualify for the discount. Do you know how much more closing cost is for doing a split? I donā€™t need more direct points but the idea of being locked in and not have to worry about what happens when SSR ends for me (in losing benefits) is making me revisit the idea.

Haven't heard from my guide yet. I did the add-on through the web. I wonder if I should be more patient or send him an email. I sent him one when they announced May 2 would be the sales date, saying we are interested. I bet he has a lot of people on his list, and we have never bought from him. Plus, we aren't buying a huge amount, 150, and not financing. Ugh!!! Maybe I should just send an email. Or maybe I should just do some chores around the house. Take my money:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Haven't heard from my guide yet. I did the add-on through the web. I wonder if I should be more patient or send him an email. I sent him one when they announced May 2 would be the sales date, saying we are interested. I bet he has a lot of people on his list, and we have never bought from him. Plus, we aren't buying a huge amount, 150, and not financing. Ugh!!! Maybe I should just send an email. Or maybe I should just do some chores around the house. Take my money:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I would just call the main line and take whatever guide answers

Glad to hear theyā€™re allowing splits to qualify for the discount. Do you know how much more closing cost is for doing a split? I donā€™t need more direct points but the idea of being locked in and not have to worry about what happens when SSR ends for me (in losing benefits) is making me revisit the idea.
The closing for a single 150 is $250 document prep fee + $128.
The 100 pointer is 250 + 115
The 50 pointer is 250 + 103
So splitting is almost twice the closing cost.

Said yes this morning, docusigned, and the points are already in my account. Can't book with them at VDH yet, but great feeling to see points arrive so quick!

We love California and really wanted to own out there. Super bonus that it's Disneyland Hotel!

Only resale previously, so with the 150 VDH we are leveled up. (Husband tried to convince me to buy more points, but like some of you, I think 150 is the sweet spot with these incentives.)

Said yes this morning, docusigned, and the points are already in my account. Can't book with them at VDH yet, but great feeling to see points arrive so quick!

We love California and really wanted to own out there. Super bonus that it's Disneyland Hotel!

Only resale previously, so with the 150 VDH we are leveled up. (Husband tried to convince me to buy more points, but like some of you, I think 150 is the sweet spot with these incentives.)
You can always buy more later if you need them.

Anybody pay with the Costco credit card for add-on points before? If so, does it qualify as travel?

That's kinda how we feel. I never made it there as a kid, but they only had WDW and Epcot at the time. Just wondering what would be the ideal age? Before they're jaded teenagers ?:D
Our kids are 6 and 8 and *really* love WDW, especially the unique coasters at Epcot, AK, and now MK. I wouldnā€™t wait until 10/12 unless they are too short or afraid to do the coasters.

I like taking them around Epcot for the cultural education and they love doing the hide and go seek quests (Remy, Olaf) around the world showcase, and all we enjoy Animal Kingdom. We are SoCal based, but I expect to spend 2-6 days a year at WDW parks for the next few years, often tacked on to the beginning/end of a cruise.

Wish my husband would tell me to buy more points šŸ˜‚

Anybody pay with the Costco credit card for add-on points before? If so, does it qualify as travel?

We pre-planned this and opened up 4 new credit cards to pay with. The purchase of 60 points was split unevenly between them with no issues.

CC BONUSES:

+50k AA miles
+75k AA miles
+65k Delta miles
+5 x 50k Marriot Certs

Chase posted as TRAVEL while AMEX has not. Citi and Barclays have not posted a designation yet.

Last edited:
We pre-planned this and opened up 4 new credit cards to pay with. The purchase of 60 points was split unevenly between them with no issues.

CC BONUSES:

+50k AA miles
+75k AA miles
+65k Delta miles
+5 x 50k Marriot Certs
Are you getting more than 1pt per dollar on any of these cards?

AmEx Delta is 1 mile per dollar spent on everything other than Delta (3X). Citi AA is the same, but 2X on everything other than AA purchases. My Bonvoy Brilliant card is also AmEx, but they just said theirs is Chase. Regardless, those are all travel cards, so you'll never see any big multipliers beyond the partner.

Chase Marriott Boundless for 5x 50k cert "SHOULD" ended up being 2x. The others were only 1x.

The Chase Sapphire Reserve would have been 3x since Chase coded as Travel, I typically use this for dues and it is always 3x. If you have/get the Cap1 Venture X (has a good 75k bonus), Citi Double Cash, Amex Blue Business Plus for 2x then you can guarantee 2x.

AmEx Delta is 1 mile per dollar spent on everything other than Delta (3X). Citi AA is the same, but 2X on everything other than AA purchases. My Bonvoy Brilliant card is also AmEx, but they just said theirs is Chase. Regardless, those are all travel cards, so you'll never see any big multipliers beyond the partner.
Incidentally, when I recently went to upgrade my AmEx Delta Platinum to Reserve, I learned that PLT gives you bonus points for hotel spend (I think either 2x or 3x) but Reserve is only airline miles. I have a separate hotel card, so it doesnā€™t really impact me. Huh, I just looked up my hotel card (Ritz Carlton) and it gives 2x points per $ on ā€œall other purchasesā€ā€”so effectively 2% off per point. šŸ¤”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter