• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2nd, 2023 - DVC The Villas @ Disneyland Hotel

I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Incidentally, when I recently went to upgrade my AmEx Delta Platinum to Reserve, I learned that PLT gives you bonus points for hotel spend (I think either 2x or 3x) but Reserve is only airline miles. I have a separate hotel card, so it doesn’t really impact me. Huh, I just looked up my hotel card (Ritz Carlton) and it gives 2x points per $ on “all other purchases”—so effectively 2% off per point. 🤔
Correct. I have the Reserve as well (the metal card made from recycled 747 aluminum is a cool flex). Bonvoy Brilliant and Hilton Aspire for hotel spend. I use the Brilliant, Delta Reserve, and AmEx Platinum for travel spend and mix in Blue Business Plus for non-travel.

My guide did mention that you would need to call in to Member Services to book on May 16th because you would not be able to do it on the website.

I hope this isn’t true.

That was the process last year when booking opened for the Resort Studios at Grand Floridian. Although an inconvenience, it should be relatively painless. In the grand scheme of things, there won't be a lot of VDH owners at that point.

We pre-planned this and opened up 4 new credit cards to pay with. The purchase of 60 points was split unevenly between them with no issues.

CC BONUSES:

+50k AA miles
+75k AA miles
+65k Delta miles
+5 x 50k Marriot Certs

Chase posted as TRAVEL while AMEX has not. Citi and Barclays have not posted a designation yet.
any chance you have the chase plan it option on your card and that it shows it qualifies for the plan? I’m planning on using the plan it option to take my sweet time paying off the contract.

Sign up for Amex Platinum Business and get 150k! Transferable to both as long as you can
any chance you have the chase plan it option on your card and that it shows it qualifies for the plan? I’m planning on using the plan it option to take my sweet time paying off the contract.

I looked and it's not showing up for me "yet".

My Disney Chase Visa limit wasn't high enough to buy 150 points. Plus, it's pretty close to the limit now with 2 summer cruises on it that had PIF about the same time. Just paid the deposit and closing on a different card. Hubbie will direct wire the rest.

I don't think we will book on May 16th. Still need to decide if we can swing going out there in the next year. Lots of trips already planned though. Maybe Spring Break. We don't have plans then. I guess Thanksgiving is free too.

Are these banners used somewhere else, other than DVC? Why exactly would they have a holder Coronado Springs banner?

We pre-planned this and opened up 4 new credit cards to pay with. The purchase of 60 points was split unevenly between them with no issues.

CC BONUSES:

+50k AA miles
+75k AA miles
+65k Delta miles
+5 x 50k Marriot Certs

Chase posted as TRAVEL while AMEX has not. Citi and Barclays have not posted a designation yet.
I can also confirm Bank of America cards post this as "Travel".

I'm still cracking up at the Coronado banner. I mean someone had to actually make that thing and load it as a DLT banner right? Is it fixed yet?

I mean, I know this is a small mom and pop shop, but still.

I'm still cracking up at the Coronado banner. I mean someone had to actually make that thing and load it as a DLT banner right? Is it fixed yet?

I mean, I know this is a small mom and pop shop, but still.
It could be possible that the banner pictures were saves in similar names like tower.jpec. :tongue: So someone used the wrong name to link it.

Correct. I have the Reserve as well (the metal card made from recycled 747 aluminum is a cool flex). Bonvoy Brilliant and Hilton Aspire for hotel spend. I use the Brilliant, Delta Reserve, and AmEx Platinum for travel spend and mix in Blue Business Plus for non-travel.
This guy/gal credit cards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter