• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

MCO to Ft.Wilderness Camp with kids

Leota123

Earning My Ears
My mother, my three kids (10,6, and 7m) and I will be flying in on Sunday April 25th. I was originally, before I read much about it, planning on using DME. My son would flip of he got on yet another disney bus (he's autistic and disney busses are his jam lol). Also, having 2 that need car seats in a normal car, the DME would be nice to not have to figure car seats out. That being said, I've learned very quickly that DME can be a lengthy process from boarding to drop offs and I'm apprehensive about it. Crowds are lower and I'm hoping that the random Sunday we arrive will mean they are even lower. However, what are my other options? I've looked in to Uber and I see the car seat options but are you able to tell them what kind of seats you need?? We would need an infant and a big kid. We have never ubered with kids before so I'm not sure how it works. What other options do we have aside from DME and Uber? I never fly so I'm new to all of this. My husband will be driving all out stuff down so it's possible he can pick us up but I want to have a plan in place. Are we able to use DME just for the return to the airport? I plan on calling them today but I was just wondering if anyone who is more experienced in flying in to Disney could give me some tips! We live 6 hours away so we always drive but our littlest one hates the car so my husband figured between the money we save from not having to rent a ton of stuff, plus a slight fee for convenience, it's worth it.

Yes you can use DME for a one way trip. You may have already but you can call them directly at 866 599 0951. It's always best to use that number then calling a Disney number where you get a generic CM. A good as the Disney CM's can be when doing something a little different you are talking to someone who only deals with DME at that number.

I have taken DME 3 times to the Fort (pre-pandemic). Twice we were the last to be dropped off and the last time we were the first resort. The first two times it took an hour from the time we got on the bus to we got to the Fort. It was 30 min from the airport to the Epcot Center Dr entrance. We made stops at a few resorts but other then the excitement of getting there it was not too bad. The last time being the first resort it was probably closer to 45 min. There is of course the welcome video and other videos on the bus that help to pass the time as you know.

IMO just not having to possibly lug two car seats (I think you will find most Uber/Lyfts that have car seats only have one but I could be wrong) make the DME a no brainer. Though you might be able to get away with one car seat if you get a Bubble Bum backless booster inflatable for your 6yo. It says they are for 4-11yo weighing between 40 and 100lbs. They go for around $30 on Amazon. But again if your husband is driving down he can take the car seats with him and if he can pick you up great if not the less you have to deal with the better I would think.

Yes you can use DME for a one way trip. You may have already but you can call them directly at 866 599 0951. It's always best to use that number then calling a Disney number where you get a generic CM. A good as the Disney CM's can be when doing something a little different you are talking to someone who only deals with DME at that number.

I have taken DME 3 times to the Fort (pre-pandemic). Twice we were the last to be dropped off and the last time we were the first resort. The first two times it took an hour from the time we got on the bus to we got to the Fort. It was 30 min from the airport to the Epcot Center Dr entrance. We made stops at a few resorts but other then the excitement of getting there it was not too bad. The last time being the first resort it was probably closer to 45 min. There is of course the welcome video and other videos on the bus that help to pass the time as you know.

IMO just not having to possibly lug two car seats (I think you will find most Uber/Lyfts that have car seats only have one but I could be wrong) make the DME a no brainer. Though you might be able to get away with one car seat if you get a Bubble Bum backless booster inflatable for your 6yo. It says they are for 4-11yo weighing between 40 and 100lbs. They go for around $30 on Amazon. But again if your husband is driving down he can take the car seats with him and if he can pick you up great if not the less you have to deal with the better I would think.
Ok thanks for the tip! I'm gonna look at that seat. May be worth having just in case the hubs cant pick us up.He got a few things to do that have a solid timestamp on them like picking up a golf cart etc. He SHOULD get there several hours before us but traffic can be totally unpredictable so......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter