MDE and ios 13

I'm still holding onto 12. Rare crashes but super slow FP loads all week. I'm afraid if I go to 13.1 it'll start crashing. Someone let us know if you suddenly strike MDE gold and the darned thing works properly!

Experiencing this as well. Hadn’t heard about not being able to unlock your door on iOS13, but that explains why my wife’s and my phone act different (Only upgraded one phone before our trip specifically in case something like this happened!). I have noticed that sometimes when it’s crashing there is an additional copy of the app running in the background. Closing that seems to anecdotally decrease the crashing but I haven’t scientifically tested it.

Mine has been horrible today! Went on several times just to see if I can add a couple people to an existing dining reservation, and every time I got to the reservation, it closed on me. 😕

Literally horrible performance - the app is crashing on start up 9 out of 10 times.

iOS13 isn’t proving to be much better on other apps for me either - pretty buggy in several applications it seems. Even simple programs like e-mail.

Literally horrible performance - the app is crashing on start up 9 out of 10 times.

iOS13 isn’t proving to be much better on other apps for me either - pretty buggy in several applications it seems. Even simple programs like e-mail.
Luckily I've not encountered any issues with any app other than the Wizards Unite app.

Just wanted to note, there was a MDE App Update yesterday. Hopefully it helps everyone!

37D16C33-C054-41B1-9132-7701DFE51B9E.jpeg

Just a heads up there is now a 13.1.1 version.
I noticed the MDE app was glitching the other day but I put it down to it just being the app and Disney IT.

Just a heads up there is now a 13.1.1 version.
I noticed the MDE app was glitching the other day but I put it down to it just being the app and Disney IT.
Downloading it now
Will come back and update on how well MDE works this time

Only tried once but at least this time, it didn't crash immediately.

Last edited:
This morning was my FP day. App wouldn’t stay open. Made them on the website without any issue.

I've updated both MDE and iOS to the latest releases
Opened MDE 3 times since
It crashed 2 of those times.
1 for 3, about what I'd expect out of that piece of garbage that is MDE

On latest 13.1.1 and latest build of MDE. App crashing is still very bad. Not sure if it’s OS or app but it’s only MDE app this is crashing for me. So think it’s bug in MDE app.

I've updated both MDE and iOS to the latest releases
Opened MDE 3 times since
It crashed 2 of those times.
1 for 3, about what I'd expect out of that piece of garbage that is MDE
On latest 13.1.1 and latest build of MDE. App crashing is still very bad. Not sure if it’s OS or app but it’s only MDE app this is crashing for me. So think it’s bug in MDE app.
What model iPhone or iPad are you using?

MDE is not crashing on my iPhone XS Max using iOS 13.1.1 (didn't crash on 13.0 either).

This morning I had to add a day of fast passes and modify another day because we decided to do dinner at Disney springs one night. I have to be honest, I had no issues with the app. I made a dinner reservation, made all three fast passes for our last park day, and edited three with no crashing. Not sure what changed from yesterday to today, but so far so good. 🤞🏻

What model iPhone or iPad are you using?

MDE is not crashing on my iPhone XS Max using iOS 13.1.1 (didn't crash on 13.0 either).
11 ProMax

I rarely use my iPad but checked it and after 3 clicks on the app it crashed too
It's a Pro. This past generation, not the one that came out with the 11's

Oh, one more thing, the phone I just traded in, XS Max. Still crashed as many times as it worked. MDE has never been stable

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter