MDE Confusion re: group's resort reservations

Jswins87

Earning My Ears
Hi! In past years, I *swore* I remembered being able to see my resort reservation in MDE, as well as, my family members traveling with me. However, now I can only see mine. We are all linked in MDE and all sharing "All" plans with each other.

Is there something I'm missing to be able to see all 3 resort reservations when I log into my MDE? I've confirmed we can book park reservations and dining with each other, but miss the look of having all 3 resort reservations in one place.

Hi! In past years, I *swore* I remembered being able to see my resort reservation in MDE, as well as, my family members traveling with me. However, now I can only see mine. We are all linked in MDE and all sharing "All" plans with each other.

Is there something I'm missing to be able to see all 3 resort reservations when I log into my MDE? I've confirmed we can book park reservations and dining with each other, but miss the look of having all 3 resort reservations in one place.
Have you linked each other Friends and Family versus just making your profile shareable?

Hmm. I assumed we were linked as F&F. I will look into this further.

I haven't used MDE since 2019 so I may be spouting old functionality but I recall back then that there was like a 2-step process and it wasn't enough to just be shareable. You all had to link via Friends and Family also. We had a trip with 16 people and 4 hotel rooms and I was the "manager" of sorts. It was a real bear getting everyone to share and get them linked in F&F so I could view everything.

I am the one who always manages everything for my family. I used to be able to link and see their resort in my account aswell. Last trip (dec-jan) I linked the second room and it didn't show up, then called my bother and it showed in his account but he couldn't see mine. I don't know if something else had to be done or I missed something but I was able to make plans for everybody and also got connecting rooms without requesting them. So it shouldn't be a problem

When we were at Disney a couple of years ago, we linked our MDE accounts with the other families also traveling with us. One person could make ADR's for everyone (as an example) of setup the FastPasses. Even if you are 'linked', you still couldn't see the reservation # (or whatever Disney calls that) of the other parties and we never had a need to see that information. What we found made the most sense was to have one MDE account for each room reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter