ME Luggage Tags? - UPDATE 4/20 - NEW UPDATE 4/26

JudicialTyranny said:
For those of you who received your tags, did the booklet contain your flight information? I received my tags today (I leave tomorrow) and it says "No flight information provided" for all of us....
There was no flight info in my parent's package either. But, my Dad said he has called several times, and they had their flight info every time, so he was not too worried about it.

As far as flight info is concerned, I don't think that's all that important from what the CM at DME told me on the phone. He had my flight info, but it turns out I may be coming in on another flight. Turns out there's an earlier flight during my layover and if I can get to that in time, I'll go standby and perhaps arrive in Orlando earlier (the airline said I could as ling as I don't have any checked luggage). He said that it really didn't matter so much which flight I came in on, just show up at DME. I'll let y'all know how it works out (leaving in 2 days, home next week).

I can't think of a reason why our flight info would be needed on the tags. The DME folks use your (and everyone elses) flight info to tell them how many people are arriving over time which helps them figure out how to schedule the buses. They have that information in their system which is the only place they really need it and can access it. So I can't think of any reason why your DME tags would need to have your flight info, other than reassuring you that they have your flight info in their system.

Just a note. I have provided my flight info to CRO 4 times as they never seem to have it. I called DME directly to ask them what they have and they had no flight info on me. I just gave it to them instead of calling CRO again.

You may want to call DME and just give them your flight info instead of CRO. From what the lady at DME told me, they use different systems.

Hello All,

My wife and I are flying to Orlando Monday and have received no tags for our luggage. Doesn't seem to be a problem, but I've been hearing today about the downside of using ME. If you have to wait for a bus to fill, then, depending on were you're staying, wait for the bus to drop off other guests at the other resorts included on the route...leading to a 2 hour wait between airport and hotel.....what's the point? Granted, it depends on how many guests arrive at the same time as you and which resort you stay at. But the prospect of being delayed 2 or more hours doesn't sit well with me. Especially since we are landing a little late (735 pm) and was hoping to have some activity before it got too late. Now I'm considering booking my own transportation to get us there in 30-45 minutes instead. Anyone else?

I live in Michigan. ME was all over the press today. They were talking about how they (the press) planned trips 2 weeks ago and received all of the tags in the mail within 3 days and how great the service was. But, the luggage was 4-6 hours late.

How come the press got the tags but we did not? We have called 4 times and we are leaving Saturday. I was told that the tags were FedX last Friday. What a line. If FedX is not doing it's job they should switch to UPS.

We have given up and are renting a car.

We are 14 working days, and 19 calendar days out from our arrival date of 05-JUN. We have not recieved our ME luggage tags. Historically speaking, should I be worried yet, and make a cranky phone call? Or should I save my energy until the gap closes to 5 working days?

My daughter and her hubby will be joining us in Disney this Saturday. Her luggage tags came here yesterday (the 15th) fed ex. Good thing, since tomorrow, we leave and the cat wouldn't be able to call and let her know they arrived..and it wasn't going to be the cat sitters job.

xpanmanx said:
We are 14 working days, and 19 calendar days out from our arrival date of 05-JUN. We have not recieved our ME luggage tags. Historically speaking, should I be worried yet, and make a cranky phone call? Or should I save my energy until the gap closes to 5 working days?

Don't worry. :crazy: We leave next Wednesday and just got our tags via Fed Ex today. It looks like they are going out 9-10 days in advance. The package was dated yesterday. Wait just a little longer before you waste all your energy. :rolleyes1 I did call last week to make sure that we were in the system and I simply explained to them that I didn't expect to get my tags and I knew they couldn't guarantee that they would arrive before I left, but I was still hoping they would and was just calling to make sure that I was in the system and wouldn't have a problem when I arrived even if I didn't have the tags.

We leave next Tuesday and got four of our luggage tags today- oops, I mean tags for four. I had read previously that if you have more four in your party, they send them separately. I called to make sure because I did not want to have to worry that the others weren't coming. They were helpful and said that the others will ship separately. That then reminded me that one of my children is on my parents' room, and they had to re-enter all of their info for DME on Saturday. Of course, they forgot to re-enter her so now I am on hold again to insure that she has luggage tags and is reserved for DME also.

CK 1 and 2 said:
Don't worry. :crazy: We leave next Wednesday and just got our tags via Fed Ex today. It looks like they are going out 9-10 days in advance. The package was dated yesterday. Wait just a little longer before you waste all your energy.

Well, we leave Friday and ours have not arrived. They should be sent to our TA (CAA/AAA) but she called this morning and said she hasn't received them. It does sound, however, like things can work out just fine at the airport without the tags. Just put something unique on your bag to identify it, and a label with your WDW hotel, etc.

DME will tell you when you call, "Until further notice, travel documents will be sent out 10 days prior to arrival due to the delay in our documents being processed. Once the system has been fixed, luggage tags will be on schedule and sent out 21 days prior to arrival."

Hi,
Got our tags today by FedEx for May 25th depature :banana:
Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter