ME Luggage Tags? - UPDATE 4/20 - NEW UPDATE 4/26

Ours just came by FedEx!!! Actually, they're not ours, but my parents'. They were sent to our address since our ressies are linked and our address is the one on the reservation. My parents are flying out on Saturday, but we are driving out on Friday morning, and and we were worried that they might arrive after we leave (if they arrived at all!). So, for those of you leaving in the next few days, there is still hope. Keep your eye out for the FedEx man!

Thanks so much for posting the pics of the info from the booklet and the photos of the tags.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! We have heard so much about the Magical Express tags/info so it's great to finally "see" them.

Carla

Funny how Disney makes everything look so fun and festive and yet most people don't have their tags yet. I love the pictures thanks. Hope all goes well for all of you. Let us know how it all works out.

MHochman and Karibeth -- when do you leave for WDW? Just curious if you're leaving the 1st week of this (starting 5/5). I'm leaving tomorrow night and am wondering if I might get lucky tomorrow? Thanks!

Daxx said:
MHochman and Karibeth -- when do you leave for WDW? Just curious if you're leaving the 1st week of this (starting 5/5). I'm leaving tomorrow night and am wondering if I might get lucky tomorrow? Thanks!

My flight is in 24 hours (exactly). That is, 5/5/5, or day one of ME.

Daxx said:
Well, we are leaving the day after tomorrow (5/6), but the tags were for my parents, who are flying, and they are leaving Saturday (5/7). You may get lucky tomorrow! Actually, I was quite surprised to see the FedEx truck pull up outside my house today; we had all pretty much given up hope they would come. In fact, my parents were coming over tonight to give us some of their luggage to take with us in the car, so they would at least have some clothes if something happened to the checked bags. They weren't too confident about how well the system would work w/o the tags.

Here's hoping yours arrive tomorrow! Have a great trip! :wave2:

I have a question for those of you who've received your tags from ME-did you get something for a free pin and a free lanyard? I heard we're supposed to get that. I'm leaving 5/7 and have gotten nothing yet. Now I'm not as concerned about my luggage tags, but I want my free stuff!

Simba's Mom said:
I have a question for those of you who've received your tags from ME-did you get something for a free pin and a free lanyard? I heard we're supposed to get that. I'm leaving 5/7 and have gotten nothing yet. Now I'm not as concerned about my luggage tags, but I want my free stuff!

Yes, a voucher for a free pin and lanyard, plus instrctions on how to trade it with a castmember to start expanding your collection. Attached to the voucher is a small card announcing the PhotoPass service (but no special offer).

I just spoke with a CM at Disney who said we probably won't get our luggage tags before our trip on May 13th. She said that when we get to Orlando we are to look for the Magic Express person in a blue or gray jacket. She said you can't miss them. We show them our boarding pass that will have the strips on them that match the strips on our luggage that the airlines give you. That is how they will find our luggage. I asked her if we could just get our luggage ourselves but she said no because our luggage will go in a different vehicle. They will then direct you to the bus to go to your Disney resort. Hope it works!!!!

I hate to be negative, but how long have they known they need to get these tags to the people? They can complete studies, order buses, hire and train personnel but THEY CAN'T GET THE TAGS TO THE PEOPLE THAT NEED THEM BEFORE THEY LEAVE! I LOVE Disney but this makes me crazy, I hope there is a really, really good reason this wasn't in order on a timely basis. I feel bad for everyone who has to deal with this.

I'm one of the "guiney pigs" for tomorrow's official start of the ME and I was nervous that I wouldnt get my tags and then today I got it from Fedex Overnight. That gives me a little peace of mind, Wish me luck tomorrow... :cheer2:

For those of you who received your tags, did the booklet contain your flight information? I received my tags today (I leave tomorrow) and it says "No flight information provided" for all of us....

Does anyone know if oversized bags like golf clubs are part of the program?

My other fear about the bags are that some airline worker in my hometown will tear off the tags, thinking that they are conflicting with the airline ones. In Orlando I don't see this being a problem, but in cities that aren't dealing with the tags everyday..... :sad2:

hulkcoaster said:
Does anyone know if oversized bags like golf clubs are part of the program?

My other fear about the bags are that some airline worker in my hometown will tear off the tags, thinking that they are conflicting with the airline ones. In Orlando I don't see this being a problem, but in cities that aren't dealing with the tags everyday..... :sad2:
I am golfing while I am there actually 2 hours after I land at the palms. :) I called and just asked for 2 extra tags for my clubs and hubbies. I don't leave till June 2nd so I will call to make sure in a week or so. I heard the recording and it says you can ask for extra ones and to just leave your info. Who knows though right? Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter