Mears Connect from MCO to Expo during Princess weekend?

Koda

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if Mears connect will go to the Expo from MCO? Or do you need to go to your resort, then get on a separate bus for the expo?

Does anyone know if Mears connect will go to the Expo from MCO? Or do you need to go to your resort, then get on a separate bus for the expo?
Pretty sure they only have service to the resorts, so you’d need to go to the resort and then get an Expo bus from there.

I tried to like Mears Connect, but just couldn’t. It was nothing more than a slower Magical Express. When I land and collect my baggage, I want to head to Disney, not sit for 45 minutes on a bus until it’s full enough for them to leave and then wait through multiple resort stops to finally get there if I’m not lucky enough to be one of the first stops. Yes, it’s a cheap option, but you pay a steep price in time.

Thank you, that is what I thought. DH and I are arriving at MCO at 9:00 am, so we have plenty of time to get to our resort then to the Expo. Some of our party is not getting in until the evening, so it might be tight for them to get to the expo for packet pick-up. I will encourage them to take an Uber or other transportation to the expo straight from the airport. I wonder what people do if their flight is delayed and can't get to the Expo. I didn't see a race day option for packet pick-up. I'm sure it is just too crazy at the race.

I had planned on picking up all of our race packets, but that is not allowed. Disney just doesn't make anything easy these days....

There is usually a bib pick up the morning of the race for emergencies, but it’s not guaranteed. If you’re cutting it so close that a normal flight delay would put pick up at risk, I’d suggest changing to an earlier flight. I usually come in the day before because the stress and risk of missing the Expo just isn’t worth it.

I’ve been doing rD races since 2016 and there’s never been an option to pick up someone else’s bib, other than a minor’s.

I've taken Uber direct from MCO to the expo, and aside from having to roll my luggage around ESPN, it's easy.

Thank you, that is what I thought. DH and I are arriving at MCO at 9:00 am, so we have plenty of time to get to our resort then to the Expo. Some of our party is not getting in until the evening, so it might be tight for them to get to the expo for packet pick-up. I will encourage them to take an Uber or other transportation to the expo straight from the airport. I wonder what people do if their flight is delayed and can't get to the Expo. I didn't see a race day option for packet pick-up. I'm sure it is just too crazy at the race.

I had planned on picking up all of our race packets, but that is not allowed. Disney just doesn't make anything easy these days....
I can't speak to the most recent races but they have had people on hand for race day pickups, they just don't advertise it and strongly discourage it because they don't have the proper capacity to handle it if more people decided to wait until race day to get their bibs. As it is, if someone decides to wait until race morning to get their bib they run the risk of missing their start. So it's definitely a risk to select a flight that gets to Orlando in the evening before a race.

As for picking up other people's race packets, they don't allow it for ethical reasons. It's standard protocol for major race events.

Yeah the lack of someone else picking up is less about it being easy. And more to do with rD trying to prevent bib thieves

I think there was one point they offered resort delivery pre pandemic if I remember right. But that’s not been a thing in years.

I’ll second what others said if they can get their flight moved up. Do so. It’s worth the less stress.

Thank you for the replies. Most of our group actually arrives on Thursday (per my recommendation of getting there in time to pick up our packets Thursday, and not waste part of a park day going to the expo). A couple of my DD's friends who are running the half are coming in from other parts of the country, and won't get there until later on Friday. They can go to the expo on Saturday, but had planned on a park day on Saturday, and don't want to spend part of their day going to the expo. They are young and crazy so will work it out. I am sure that they will be out at the parks on Saturday long after my middle-aged body is in bed for the 2:30 race wake up!

All of the other half marathons I have done, we were able to pick up packets for others with identification or a code. I totally get why RunDisney doesn't allow it. It's my fault for not looking into this matter sooner. It's not a huge deal, just an inconvenience!

Happy training everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter