Meeska-Mouska-Mickeeeeeey's House! **8/21 - Preparation Pictures!!**

Hey Sarah,

Getting back to your PTR finally-been a busy summer!

Congratulations on becoming a family of five!! So exciting for you and the family. :hug: I hope you are feeling better.

You can participate in evening drinks, just make them the fun nonacloholic ones. :goodvibes

Oh my!! :flower3:
I have barely been on this computer at all the past several weeks! I've been so sick :sick: , like, 24/7. THis little baby is kicking my butt! I"m about 12 1/2 weeks now, so I hope it will start to get better. In any case, it's all for a good cause :love:

I really appreciate the gentle nudge to get back on here. It's sweet to know that my absence was noticed :grouphug:

I haven't revamped any Disney plans yet to accomodate for my "condition" - except to think about more rest time for me, and less awesome roller coasters that I was soooo looking forward to :sad2: (that's the selfish-me taking control, when I whine about that).

But we're all excited to have broken through the two-month mark!

I pledge that I will spend some time catching up on folks' PTRs here :goodvibes
THey always perk me up, and all I usually get on the baby/preggie-boards is craaaaazy hormonal women! Drama! :rotfl2: (There's good support there, too, don't get me wrong, but lordy!)

Hope everyone's doing well here, and I'll be back in not too long!

:wave2: Thanks for checking in, glad to hear everything's good. Hope you're feeling better now that the second trimester has started:thumbsup2

Ok, everyone! I'm baaack :cool1: Oddly, thanks to some "lite" bedrest, I've had lots of lay-around time to catch up on others' PTRs and browse through other threads on the DISboards. Thankfully, the preggo-scare passed quickly, and mom and fetus are okay :thumbsup2 so I got to enjoy my lazy time away from work!

I'm trying the touring plans from the Unofficial Guide, and since I still like our schedule of parks, I've customized their pre-done Touring Plans to fit our days/parks.

I'm going to attempt to post the links to each day, and some days are divided into "morning" and "afternoon". It may be a huge pain to view these, but I'd love feedback.

I really want to pretty-up my Excel chart for a better "at a glance", but that program has gone caput on my desktop computer :sad2:

The first few days of the plans cram in very specific attractions, then the last full day leaves time to return to faves or hit the attractions that we didn't have time for on the first days. This applies really just to MK and Epcot; We're just spending a 1/2 day each at HS and AK.

Let me know what you think (if it's not too much trouble :))

Day 1: Arrival (flight lands at 12:15) and MK
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=fc555a36c0d16c346d2fc6c0a4d062e1

Day 2: MK/Epcot
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=eb6d294aee86c154ddc1787769dc96f2
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=477a9d3ccdbfb0e401f134983fe570b5

Day 3: AK/Epcot
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=0203a4da761e5d4441fa33f1f99d989d
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=3d6fa77edf41d0342de0fb680411926d

Day 4: HS/Beach Club
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=55d107c3030fb6842defbae002dea11e

Day 5: Epcot/MK
http://www.TouringPlans.com/etp2/etp_v2.php?id=71ca69e227a60c74d126cdb52a5f1603

Day 6: Some time for pool or a quick park trip before boarding Magical Express at noon. (Suggestions? We have tickets for this day!)

Hope these links work without having to have a paid login to the site! :rolleyes:

The plans look great, Sarah! I have a subscription - but it didn't actually ask me to log in. The only day I might take a second look at is the arrival day. I think by the time you get to the resort, get checked in, and get yourself over to MK, you'll probably only have about 2 hours before you need to leave for your dinner at CM. You probably won't have time for as much as you think.

The plans look great, Sarah! I have a subscription - but it didn't actually ask me to log in. The only day I might take a second look at is the arrival day. I think by the time you get to the resort, get checked in, and get yourself over to MK, you'll probably only have about 2 hours before you need to leave for your dinner at CM. You probably won't have time for as much as you think.

Thanks for taking the time to look at our plans Rebecca! That's really helpful feedback; I'll plan for us to return to Adventure/FrontierLands later in the visit for whatever we don't get done.

It's difficult not knowing if my oldest is going to be a daredevil or not! He really loves the roller coasters he has ridden before - they're probably equivalent to Goofy's Barnstormer. So his preferences could either add time to our plans or make us speedier. (If DH wants to ride those big ones alone or with his dad, we can just leave them behind! :laughing: )

And I think I just want to get CB Jamboree over with! My DH remembers it fondly, so he *really* wants to see it. I know it's a lovely "vintage" part of the Disney experience, but ... :rolleyes:
Maybe we'll save that one for later in the week when we need some rest-time off our feet. And maybe the boys will love it :goodvibes

Well, thanks to Stephanie (Charlefours), I have my pretty pretty chart made up for our daily itineraries :cool1: I copied hers almost exactly and it looks soooo good! It even got my DH interested :goodvibes

Now, if anyone can tell me how to post an Excel spreadsheet in a message, I can show it to you!

And thanks to Rebecca (Sleepingbooty), I realize I need to get shopping for this trip! :sad2: What a burden. :lmao:

So, I'm now investigating Keenes for the boys' shoes. Kills me since they'll both outgrow the darn things the next month!

I'd love to get myself some new Chaco sandals, but at around $90 a pop, I think I'll be sticking with my old ones. Unless I can track down a sale at our local hiking/outdoor store.

And to complete the shoe wardrobe, I suppose I should ask DH if he wants any new ones... :rolleyes1

I already have my little Baggalini messenger bag and have tried it on a mini-trip. My only issue with it is that the strap loosens so easily as I wear it! I read the same complaint from someone on another thread here, and she said that she used some sort of clip that she had around the house to secure it. I'm thinking of what I have handy, or else I can ask DMIL to sew it tight at the smallest "setting", which is how I like it to fit.

My other realization is that I'll have quite a belly on this trip! I have a maternity bathing suit, and another tankini that will work also.
I'm thinking that sundresses may be my best friends for this trip...
I'm not wearing shorts, that's for sure. I envy women who can actually fit into and look great in those little maternity shorts -
that sure ain't me! :rotfl2:

I do have some flowy maternity palazzo/bermuda-type short pants that I love, so I may try to find a pair in another color.

Any other preggo-clothes suggestions? I think I'll be raiding Old Navy for some dresses that don't make me look too muu-muu-like :laughing:

So, anything else I buy for this trip better be suuuuper cheap...:rolleyes1

I had priced shoes online last night - all Keens - for me and the kids. I looked for DH too, but he insists that he can tolerate any shoes (he's on his feet allll day and averages 9 miles/day on concrete floors!).

When I went to our local outdoors store, Hallelujah!, they were having a shoe sale :wizard: !!

They had Chaco sandals on sale for 1/3 off, so for some twisted reason that made me feel justified getting myself those along with some Keen Newports! They were sooooo NOT on sale! :rotfl:

But my new Chacos are black with daintier straps than the ones I have now, so they're almost "dressy" sport sandals that I can wear with LOTS.

And the Keens are brown with light aqua trim - soooo cute!!!

I also got the boys a pair each, even though they weren't with me. Hoping they fit, but at $35 each, I didn't want to miss the good deal.

Here are the Chaco sandals I got:
6219-231130-d.jpg

These are similar to my "old" Chacos:
1083809-p-DETAILED.jpg

And the boys' Keens:
10942-794380-d.jpg

8246-364422-d.jpg

And my Keens:
1396-796203-d.jpg

HI! When I was very pregnant in the summer, I had a number of pairs of those fold over, palazzo pants and wore them almost everyday with a different t-shirt! I was always very comfortable. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Hey Sarah! You know what, I would probably go with sundresses if I were pregnant at Disney. I always hated to have anything around my waist.

So you like the Chaco's? I was seriously considering getting some. I tried them on at REI recently and couldn't get the strap thing figured out. Plus, I was worried the straps might rub and cause blisters. Do you find the straps to be a problem? 1/3 off is a fabulous deal - what store was it? Maybe they have that special online....

I just ordered some Keens for the girls, they came in yesteday. I posted about it on my PTR. They are very cute, and I was happy that they fit well - I was kinda guessing about the sizes.

HI! When I was very pregnant in the summer, I had a number of pairs of those fold over, palazzo pants and wore them almost everyday with a different t-shirt! I was always very comfortable. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Hey Sarah! You know what, I would probably go with sundresses if I were pregnant at Disney. I always hated to have anything around my waist.

So you like the Chaco's? I was seriously considering getting some. I tried them on at REI recently and couldn't get the strap thing figured out. Plus, I was worried the straps might rub and cause blisters. Do you find the straps to be a problem? 1/3 off is a fabulous deal - what store was it? Maybe they have that special online....

I just ordered some Keens for the girls, they came in yesteday. I posted about it on my PTR. They are very cute, and I was happy that they fit well - I was kinda guessing about the sizes.

Yes, the more I consider my options, I think that capri-length palazzo pants and sundresses will be my best bets. Glad to hear others have had success with both. I don't like having waistbands under my belly when I'm pregnant; I like soft over-belly or fold-over waistbands. I'm going more and more towards dresses this time around too! I'm willing to embrace my inner earth-mama and go with more granola/hippie-type dresses that I haven't worn since my college days :hippie: :goodvibes

As for the Chacos, I definitely needed a lesson on the straps with my first pair! They've been set at the same fit for several years, and I haven't messed with them. For this pair, I noticed that the box had instructions printed on the inside of the lid - very helpful! I still think I'll have to toy with them a bit to get the best fit.

My green ones have never rubbed or caused any discomfort, even hiking and while wet. The buckles aren't placed anywhere where they can rub, like the old Tevas did for me!

Our local store is called the Trail House in Frederick, MD; not sure what online services they have, though.

I love the kids Keens !!! Glad yours worked too :cool1: Do your girls alternate shoes on trips like this, or will they stay in the same pair the whole time?

Hi! I got those same black ZX2 Chacos this week for our WDW trip!!
It bummed me seeing the price you paid, because I did NOT get any deal with mine!:guilty:
I do love how they are more girly looking than Keens, etc...

Hi! I got those same black ZX2 Chacos this week for our WDW trip!!
It bummed me seeing the price you paid, because I did NOT get any deal with mine!:guilty:
I do love how they are more girly looking than Keens, etc...

Well, I guess we all have to pay full price for at least one pair! My "original" ZX2's were definitely not on sale, either :scared1:. But rest assured, they have lasted me ... more than 5 years so far (I think!), with NO sign of wear/tear. :thumbsup2 worth the investment!

I must say, that I do like having the option of the big-toe strap with that style. I usually step on mine (for day-to-day wear) and only use it when I'm hiking or need that extra stability.

Hope you LOVE yours as much as I LOVE mine!! (My DH has some too, BTW) :goodvibes

CONGRATS on your pregnancy. I was 20 weeks pregnant with Zachary when we made our 1st trip to Disney as adults (I hadn't been since age 7 which was before Epcot was built). I skipped all the trill rides but still had a blast! My kids were young enough that it didn't limit us much at all.
I'm considering Keens for my family but balking a bit at the price. I really need to just order them! (I was waiting for my bonus check but that won't be for 2 weeks and then it'll be only a week until the trip!)

Amanda

CONGRATS on your pregnancy. I was 20 weeks pregnant with Zachary when we made our 1st trip to Disney as adults (I hadn't been since age 7 which was before Epcot was built). I skipped all the trill rides but still had a blast! My kids were young enough that it didn't limit us much at all.
I'm considering Keens for my family but balking a bit at the price. I really need to just order them! (I was waiting for my bonus check but that won't be for 2 weeks and then it'll be only a week until the trip!)

Amanda

Hi! and Thanks :) I had just read that today in your PTR - about you being 20 weeks during one of your trips. I think that's exactly where I'll be during our trip! Good to hear that you still had a fun time (how could anyone not, right?!), even with skipping the biggies. DH is hoping that my oldest will be tall enough, and willing enough, to do a lot of the big rides, but I'm not counting on it. I just want enough time for naptime every day!

The price of the Keens are tough. I could justify them much more for me or DH, since we'll be the same shoe size year from now. But the boys.... they could outgrow theirs by October! I'm just hoping they will be really comfy for them for daily use now, and through the trip.

I can't stand trying to keep up with socks for them, but I'm sure I'll reluctantly bring a tennis shoe back-up (with the dreaded little socks) for each of them :rolleyes:

We've hit the 45 day mark!!!!!!

We made the final payment yesterday b/c I was too anxious to wait until the absolute last day :laughing:

I added our room request for "Not first floor, Not parking lot view, please". [I actually asked the woman to put "please" in there :rotfl: ]

In other clothing news, I went in search of sundresses/capris today (by myself, thanks to my SIL and DH!). No luck with dresses, but I got two short skirts with fold-over waistbands from Old Navy along with 3 tanks and 2 tees. Then at Target I found light blue palazzo capris like my black ones, also fold-over waist.

I got home and changed into those pretty blue capris right away and - d'oh! - saw that they are labeled as "sleepwear". Which means that the black ones I've been wearing around are, too. Much to my MIL's embarrassment if she ever found out, I'm going to keep wearing them! :eek:

But once I had made peace with wearing pajamas around in public, I decided to clean the bathroom. What happened next is Case-in-Point why I should not clean, thankyouverymuch.

I finished spraying and scrubbing (much overdue since I've been feeling so crummy and DH has been busting his butt cleaning everything else), then I looked down at my cute comfy new pants, and SPLAT! 5 spots on the front of my right thigh where some bleach-y cleaner got me :mad:
Again, it won't stop me from wearing them, but REALLY! I can't believe I was so careless! And I am planning to make a case to DH about someone else scrubbing the bathrooms. ...although he'll just use it to make a case for me to avoid wearing clothes altogether while cleaning... :rotfl2::rotfl2:

LOL...I think that is a very good case to get someone else to clean your bathrooms.

It's funny, I was just trying on my white sweatshirt capri's (that are pajama bottoms from Target) & looking in the mirror trying to decide if anyone would be able to tell that they were PJ's if I wore them to Disney!!! :rolleyes1 They are so comfy!!!!

I just finished reading your PTR from the beginning & I owe you a Congratulations on your new little gift from God!!!

I see we think alike! I don't mind spending $$$ on shoes for DH and me but the kids???? ;)
Sorry you bleached your new clothes. Ugh!

Amanda

Sorry to hear about your new pants. That's something I've done more than once. And its funny you say that about your belly being covered. That was an absolute must for me when I was pregnant! I would have felt exposed otherwise, I think. Also, if you still need things and shop on-line, oldnavy.com might have a lot of things they didn't in their actual store. They also tend to ship really quickly, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter