Member benefits with resale?

smileyanna

Mouseketeer
Question about merchandise discounts for a resale contract. My understanding is that my resale contract (recently purchased) shouldn't get DVC discounts at stores. My pass says DVC ND.

I was recently at WDW and did mobile checkout at one of the stores at HS. I got a 20% DVC discount automatically within the app. I didn't talk to a cast member about it, just scanned the QR code when I was leaving a store, so it couldn't have been cast member error.

Is my recent resale contract eligible for merch discounts?

Generally, no, resale does not get a DVC discount. It never hurts to ask, and I too have received discounts with my resale DVC. Award Weiners in DCA gives you a discount for sure. I don't know exactly why, but I do know it has been brought up before and it is not an error.

Officially you don't get the discount ever. Sometimes you'll get it because sometimes they won't ask for the ID, but you should never count on it.

Officially you don't get the discount ever. Sometimes you'll get it because sometimes they won't ask for the ID, but you should never count on it.
That’s what I thought.

But in this case, I did mobile checkout. There was no human involved. I never asked a cast member. The app just automatically gave me the DVC discount. In my email receipt it is coded as “20% DVC Merch” and it was applied to the purchase. It was automatically applied?!

The mobile check out allows everyone to get it. Apparently they have not set it up to code differently.
Is this just for merchandise? I'm fairly sure it didn't work for me last spring when we were resale only.

Is this just for mobile merchandise or also for mobile food order purchases?

I have read that some of the mobile order for the sit down places that offer a discount have seen the discount.

I can’t speak to that since we have never mobile ordered anything but QS which doesn’t get a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter