Membership / Contract Number?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
Just sold the BRV & Just bought the AKV, what will happen to the 00.1 or 00.2 contract numbers when the base 00.0 is gone?
1714500127203.png

Also just bought a different use year on another contract, i assume that will be completely different from these?

Just sold the BRV & Just bought the AKV, what will happen to the 00.1 or 00.2 contract numbers when the base 00.0 is gone?
View attachment 855917

Also just bought a different use year on another contract, i assume that will be completely different from these?
I assume nothing and that the 00.0 will disappear and you'll be left with the other 2? I sold contracts 00.1 and 00.2 on mine, so now it jumps from 00.0 to 00.3. I just added on at another resort, so now I have contracts 00.0, 00.3 and 00.4 under that member number.

An add on to another UY will result in another member number. I have one of those too.

I assume nothing and that the 00.0 will disappear and you'll be left with the other 2? I sold contracts 00.1 and 00.2 on mine, so now it jumps from 00.0 to 00.3. I just added on at another resort, so now I have contracts 00.0, 00.3 and 00.4 under that member number.

An add on to another UY will result in another member number. I have one of those too.
The contracts get added with the extension in the order you buy so if you sell, you end up with gaps!!!
Ok, so the 00.0 doesn't matter. It's not an anchor or something for the others.

Right!! It's bugging me already & they haven't ever made the change yet. Maybe we can call in to get them to realign the numbers? :duck:
Doubtful, I think the new buyer still has your contract number followed by .000, It just get reassigned to their membership number.

Doubtful, I think the new buyer still has your contract number followed by .000, It just get reassigned to their membership number.

The new owner will get a brand new contract number if it’s their first contract.

If they already own, the contract will be given the same one as what they own with the next extension number for that membership.

Contract numbers do not transfer.

Interesting...you'd think they'd want to track the contract until the resort reverts to Disney.

Related to contract numbers, and yes, this is a serious question:

So we just closed on our first 2 contracts recently and DW is a bit superstitious and doesn't like the last few numbers (before the decimals) on them, thinking it could be a bad sign/omen etc. I told her not to worry about it, BUT, just out of sheer curiosity, would Disney ever be able to accommodate such a change for contract numbers? Obviously the answer is to ask them directly but I wonder if anyone has ever come across such a situation.

So we just closed on our first 2 contracts recently and DW is a bit superstitious and doesn't like the last few numbers (before the decimals) on them, thinking it could be a bad sign/omen etc. I told her not to worry about it, BUT, just out of sheer curiosity, would Disney ever be able to accommodate such a change for contract numbers? Obviously the answer is to ask them directly but I wonder if anyone has ever come across such a situation.
AFAIK, this is the first time this question has come up and I've been hanging around the DIS DVC boards for more than 20 years.

If you end up asking, pleaseshare the answer you get. TiA

AFAIK, this is the first time this question has come up and I've been hanging around the DIS DVC boards for more than 20 years.

If you end up asking, pleaseshare the answer you get. TiA
That's too funny if she's the first ever to bring it up! I feel like I almost have to call and ask them at this point; should at least be quite the memorable phone conversation for whoever takes the call. :D

Would be interesting to know, I would assume changing it opens a can or worms.

That's too funny if she's the first ever to bring it up! I feel like I almost have to call and ask them at this point; should at least be quite the memorable phone conversation for whoever takes the call. :D
You can try. I think the odds are better at convincing your wife the numbers are part of a string and therefore innocuous.

I actually called earlier but figured it wasn't even worth waiting the estimated 10 minutes so I just hung up. Probably not worth the time to look into it any further but if we do I'll let everyone know how it goes. :-)

I actually called earlier but figured it wasn't even worth waiting the estimated 10 minutes so I just hung up. Probably not worth the time to look into it any further but if we do I'll let everyone know how it goes. :-)
It would be interesting to find out if possible.

Interesting...you'd think they'd want to track the contract until the resort reverts to Disney.

When you buy resale, you are not really buying their exact contract, but buying their ownership interest. All sales create a new contract...and if one already owns, it matches what you have with the new extension.

For example, my resale RIV contract, which I had first in my Dec UY and my direct VGF contract have the same contract number, because we are the owners of both.

ETA: Basically, once an owner has a contract number in a membership, all future contracts will match and that specific contract number won't be used until that membership holding them is dissolved.

I'd be surprised if they would change it because they are assigned when the membership is created and its added to it, or its changed to match any other contract one would have.

But, I guess you could always try....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter