Mickey Head Balloons Question....

I get one on my first night in MK every trip. I turned 50 this year. I buy it just before the fireworks or on the way out. I get the flashy colour changing one with lights and put it in my bedroom and leave it flashing all night. I don't usually sleep with a light but I love that having that and knowing it's my Mickey balloon. My last trip was with my mother in law and I didn't want the balloon to disturb her overnight so I tucked into a corner in the sink area that she couldn't see from her bed. It worked well there as it gave a little light when going to the bathroom. I then deflate them and bring them home.

If it makes you happy, do it

Wow. You're almost making me cry. Even though I saw them at night in the Wishes video - you are the first to definitively answer the question! Yes, I can get one after the fireworks!
Thank you!

I bought mine on day one on the way out of MK after the fireworks so about 10:15pm.

On day 14 of our holiday, I wandered around outside and found a family who could go on to enjoy it after me :) It was still in perfect condition!

We were gifted one on arrival day at ALL by a family that couldn't take theirs home. My son was overjoyed and we had it for 3 weeks. The family before us said they had enjoyed it for over a week. I hope you enjoy yours!!

I am getting one this trip. I asked and they will deflate your balloon for you at the airport Disney stores. Also she said if you don't want to wait, to ask your hotel before you leave. She said they should be able to do that there as well. That way you can either have it blown back up at home, or just hang up the deflated balloon on your wall!

We went in June and I distinctly remember buying our balloon on our way out of the park after HEA. So they are out at least that late.
Also as an FYI what I never knew and found out this trip is if for some reason your balloon starts to deflate they will exchange it for a new one. We buy a balloon to tie onto our stroller as a way for us to quickly find it. Well after about a week our balloon was get a bit tired looking (it was starting to sag big time). As we were walking into MK again the nice cast member who was at the magic band scan told me if I went and saw a balloon person they would switch it out for me so I walked up and asked. They asked for our old balloon and handed me another!

Ha! So GREAT to find I'm not the only one yearning for those balloons! It pays to share what you're feeling sometimes!
If you're going to be limited with the rides, DEFINITELY - GET THAT BALLOON. I wish I could just STROLL AROUND with it.
I wish I could take it with me back to the airport, and on the plane and BACK HOME! That's what I REALLY want to do! lol.
I also get the feeling from my MINNIE EARS. My minnie ears stay on for my entire stay. I put them on at the Orlando airport and I don't take them off until I am actually ON the plane going home --- sometime after take-off. lol. I take them off for certain rides (don't want to lose them... they are my precious keepsakes)... but that's it. I'm able to at least get that kid feeling out via the EARS - since I can't drag the balloon around.
You wait until Orlando to put on the ears? I put them on when I leave the house to go to the airport! TSA always smiles at my home airport when I put those through security and everyone on the airport parking shuttle knows where I'm going :-)

Funny Balloon story. A number of years ago I boarded a plane for home. Some innocent Balloon loving Child carried their precious keepsake on board the plane and it was placed in the overhead bin for the trip home. I knew it wasn't going to end well as soon as I saw the balloon come on board but the flight attendants just shook their heads as they closed the bin. Sure enough partway through the flight there was a really loud boom when the balloon succumbed to the air pressure changes. Poor Balloon.

If there was a really loud bang on my flight, I'd pee my pants!!

I get one on my first night in MK every trip. I turned 50 this year. I buy it just before the fireworks or on the way out. I get the flashy colour changing one with lights and put it in my bedroom and leave it flashing all night. I don't usually sleep with a light but I love that having that and knowing it's my Mickey balloon. My last trip was with my mother in law and I didn't want the balloon to disturb her overnight so I tucked into a corner in the sink area that she couldn't see from her bed. It worked well there as it gave a little light when going to the bathroom. I then deflate them and bring them home.

If it makes you happy, do it
That's awesome! I've also always wanted one of these balloons but have never bought one. I want to this year. The flashing ones, can you turn the flashing off an on? And do they cost the same, around $15 or are they more?

I bought one at Magic Kingdom, deflated it before we left, packed the balloon away on my luggage. When I got home, I inflated the balloon and left it in my room. My dog was barking at it but she barks at everyrhing and didnt think it was any different. I come home from work to a deflated balloon with holes. My dog popped it. Now I must buy another when we go next year and make sure the dog does not get it this time.

Those balloons are pretty sturdy! We bought one for my son on our first trip & deflated it cuz I HAD to take it home! When we decided to go back 2 years later I brought the ballon to a local flower/party store & they managed to refill it so I could wrap it in a box as his Christmas surprise gift!!!! It was amazing!!!!

@LadyDiznee123 and everyone else who responded, thanks for this happy thread! Seeing those great photos of the balloons and reading the posts were heartwarming.
It's always great when little pleasures make such a difference, and with all of the seriousness of adulthood, it's nice to be able to let our inner kid be delighted. The very thought makes me happy.

Maybe it is a lot for a balloon, but people spend more than that each night on alcoholic beverages (or other treats) without thinking twice. You've come all this way to vacation and you do what makes you happy! Have a really great trip!

I agree with all that said buy it! It is one of our traditions. DD will be 16 our next visit and we will buy one our first day/night as we walk out of park and keep in our room for the whole trip and then on our way to the most unhappiest place on property (ME bus stop):sad: we go to the lobby and hand it to someone checking in regardless of child/adult. pixiedust: It is fun to pay it forward!

@LadyDiznee123 and everyone else who responded, thanks for this happy thread! Seeing those great photos of the balloons and reading the posts were heartwarming.
It's always great when little pleasures make such a difference, and with all of the seriousness of adulthood, it's nice to be able to let our inner kid be delighted. The very thought makes me happy.

Maybe it is a lot for a balloon, but people spend more than that each night on alcoholic beverages (or other treats) without thinking twice. You've come all this way to vacation and you do what makes you happy! Have a really great trip!

Bryanb, thanks so much. I agree. There are certainly worse ways for me to throw away my money!
Funny you are mentioning this (about our inner kid... I am about to thread about something I have recently discovered) - about adult obsession with WDW.

I agree with all that said buy it! It is one of our traditions. DD will be 16 our next visit and we will buy one our first day/night as we walk out of park and keep in our room for the whole trip and then on our way to the most unhappiest place on property (ME bus stop):sad: we go to the lobby and hand it to someone checking in regardless of child/adult. pixiedust: It is fun to pay it forward!

Thanks BreezysMom!

Those balloons are pretty sturdy! We bought one for my son on our first trip & deflated it cuz I HAD to take it home! When we decided to go back 2 years later I brought the ballon to a local flower/party store & they managed to refill it so I could wrap it in a box as his Christmas surprise gift!!!! It was amazing!!!!

Very nice. Love chatting with other balloon lovers! How do you deflate it???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter