Mickey light post directions

Cant you splice into the wires just below the globe and run a smaller socket to each ear, using like the large christmas bulbs?

I like that idea Rog. I put a Y adapter in the socket so that I have 2 bulbs. This raises them higher and out toward the ears, but still not filling them with light.

I am willing to bet disnyrlz didn't cut holes for the ears, you probably just glued them on right? As you can see in this picture, my ears were pretty bright with just one 60w bulb.
fort1%20006.jpg

If you need my instructions, they are here

No, I cut holes for the ears, 4" holes as the small globes have the 4" wide lip. This way the ears would sit flush with the head.
Globes.JPG

Maybe it would be brighter if I use a 100 watt incandescent bulb instead of the smaller CFL. My globe is also bigger so the light has farther to travel to the ears. I'll have to play with it. I like BDR's suggestion though I wonder if the wires would stick out when illuminated from inside. It might be time for another trip to HD, quickly becoming a second home.

LOL, when I walk through the doors of HD, every yells "JOHN" at the same time. :rotfl2: My big globe is about 18" and with the type I have, the bulb is pretty close to the center of it. I only used a 60w incan. I would think that the cfl is probably your problem.

Hope you get it working.

John

With the Y adapter I have 2 cpfls and it puts out a lot of light!! It is hard to tell in the photo, but the ears are just a little dimmer than the head. Has anyone used the color changing bulb? If so where did you get it?
FWJan08110.jpg

We saw the color changing bulbs when at the ft....very cool...not much for light....but a great disco/acid effect!!!

Well, I finally got pictures of the light lit up. I also had to work on my FIL's light post, so I also have a picture of his lit up.

My light, a little blurry...
P1000046Small.jpg

Bradisgoofy's light...
P1000045Small.jpg

Well, I finally got pictures of the light lit up. I also had to work on my FIL's light post, so I also have a picture of his lit up.

My light, a little blurry...
P1000046Small.jpg

Bradisgoofy's light...
P1000045Small.jpg

Those look great!!!!:thumbsup2 What kind of bulb did you use? I like how deep the green is.

With the Y adapter I have 2 cpfls and it puts out a lot of light!! It is hard to tell in the photo, but the ears are just a little dimmer than the head. Has anyone used the color changing bulb? If so where did you get it?

We don't use a color changing bulb but, we use a stained glass bulb from wally world. it puts a variety of colors in the lampost.
niteglobe.jpg

You can see the ears in person, I don't know why they don't show up on film,,, I mean pictures. film is going to be like albums soon, if it's not already.

we were looking at those stained glass bulbs at wal-mart a couple hours ago wondering how they would look...thanks.....they have GE party light bulbs in green and assorted colors, maybe they are in the green lit Mickey head here?

I found my color changing bulbs at Lowes. Like BDR said, they don't put out a lot of light, but I prefer it that way.

I found my color changing bulbs at Lowes. Like BDR said, they don't put out a lot of light, but I prefer it that way.

Mine puts out more light than is needed, really more than it should our of regard for fellow campers I suppose. I am glad to know that Lowes has those color change bulb. I use my light at home all the time and need it to light up the yard. When I am at FW it can be time for the color changing or maybe the multi-color.

In post #128 the second light is mine. I used one of those spiral light bulbs, it is a green party light. I believe DDIL is using green LEDs in their light.

We used green super-bright LED's. We have 12 in the base and 6 in each ear. They are mounted to plastic discs (think plastic kitty litter jug) :lmao: and hot glued onto the base of each globe. It's really not as bright as I thought it would be when compared to FIL's light, but that's ok, we don't really want it to see by. I just wanted the ears to be lit up too.:thumbsup2

Where would I find the led's in green....I really like the even light distribution form the L.E.D.s, I think I'd like to use them also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter