Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Just curious- did they have any gluten free treats in the trails? I'm not gluten free- I'm low Fodmap for medical reasons which means I can't have TOO much wheat and also sadly, apples are completely out for me. Candy is fine, but I'd also like some other things if possible.
I'm pretty sure Pirate's Booty is GF, right? Do you not have to avoid low sugar on low-Fodmap? I'm sure some of the candy and chocolate was GF (my husband is GF) but it was mostly packed with sugar, except the pirate's booty (We only got that at one treat trail, but I don't remember if it was Pixie Hollow or the one along the Rivers of America). Otherwise, just the carrots, I guess. None of it was dark chocolate. And I really didn't have tzeitel's experience. I felt like we spent more time than I wanted to doing some treat trails, and didn't end up with -that- much candy. We did the Golden Horseshoe again during the last hour, and they weren't giving out any more candy at each station than they were earlier in the evening.

My son has decided to go as Jack. Any idea when Jack & Sally are meeting? I’m wondering if we should try to find them first thing to avoid longer lines later. What time should the TT party start on a weekday with a 6:00 pm party? Is there time to fit in Jack & Sally first?

During both parties I went to Jack and Sally were in New Orleans Square by Port Royale & Pieces of Eight shops. Both characters were together every time I saw them. Be warned, the line for pictures is long and it tends to move rather slowly. I waited almost 45 minutes for a picture. On the plus side, the characters interact with all the guests. If the picture is important to you, I would do it first. The treat trails will be around all night, they don't run out, and the lines get shorter later in the night. If you do it first, you should have time to get a good seat for the parade.

I'm still in the process of going through all of my photos from the trip, but a few things...

Constance & Sally: I didn't wait to meet the, but I got a few photos as they waited between guests. The character hosts were wearing the Haunted Mansion costumes.
Constance_zpshxmhfn7c.jpg

SallySlater_zpss7toztcx.jpg

Fantasyland Dragon: The Fantasyland dragon was back this year (although, maybe it's now the Frontierland dragon?). It's in the same place as last year, across the small pond on the Big Thunder Trail near where one of the entrances to Star Wars Land will be. It wasn't there at the start of the party, but appeared by the end.
DSC_0534_zpsrf4qh4w8.jpg

Zero: For fans of Zero, along with the projection in NOS on the building, he also appears on the Castle when the NBC music is playing.
DSC_0525_zpsl0miykex.jpg

Oogie: Oogie Boogie is projected on the ground near the exit to the Haunted Mansion.
DSC_0793_zpsebi400uz.jpg

Flaming Pumpkin: One of the magic shots adds a flaming pumpkin to your hand. The magic shot needs a blank wall behind you, but it's a cool effect.
FlamingPumpkin_zpsohtn1ogl.jpg

Fireworks: Lastly, I know I already posted a photo, but here is another. One thing to note is that during some sequences of the show, the Mickey Pumpkin Balloons will light up. You need to be somewhere far enough back that you can see the globe above the Mickey Pumpkins and trees. This photo was taken at the end of Main Street, between Refreshment Corner and the Camera shop.
DSC_0369FireWorks_zpstt9xabi5.jpg

Last edited:

I got it when I asked one of the roaming PP photographers in Town Square. Mostly it sounded like the Halloween shots were either at the Castle or the Town Square. I would just ask every PP photographer you see if they have any Halloween Magic Shots (except the ones with tripods; I've been told they do not do Magic Shots). We also did the Poison Apple and Cauldron shot with a roaming PP photographer on Main Street. There seemed to be a number of roaming PP photographers on Main Street (down towards Town Square) during the party. Also, they said that the Magic Shots were not party exclusives, so they should be available in the day as well.

The only photographer I thought to ask about it had the poison apple one. It took over two days to show up, but it was fun. :)

We were at Friday nights party, this is our third year attending- as spectacular as ever. Before my tips, a huge shout out of thanks to everyone who posted already, this was the Most well prepared we have ever been with tips and insights. And because we all vary in how we enjoy the party- a little info from another party goer. It seemed we saw more adults than kids, and Everyone was enjoying dressing up and trick or treating- adults and families both were just amazing. Our grandson is turning 9 so this year was a little less about the characters in Toon town. The crowds here were the largest we've encountered but still festive, just long lines as everyone got a jump start on their evening. The line for Rodger Rabbit was almost non existent- we were on in 5 min. We had checked the front entry into the park at about 4:45, there were a couple character lines that were Really short, unfortunately the one with Mickey and Minnie vampire had already closed but that would have been a spectacular shot, at 5 ish they move to town square where it wasn't sure where they would roam or if they would form another line. Pluto also had a line that had closed. There were only a few people entering the park, possibly coming over from CA Adv or delayed in traffic to miss the 4pm start. Mostly everyone was in quickly. No one handles crowds better than Disney.
We tried to catch Pirate Mickey and Minnie at the dock but all three times it was either Jack or Red, along with Hook and Smee, At the Mexican venue right across from the dock you could get a picture with Mickey and Minnie in their elegant costumes, line was about half an hour when we got in but considerably shorter by the time we were done and they did a spectacular job with the background and interaction. These two appear in that spot all evening, no other characters rotate in.
Thanks to suggestions here we did the 2nd parade and the characters that were out after that had pretty short lines, lots of choices of villains, no Mickey or Minnie- just Pluto and Donald out then. If they ever keep the Halloween party in Disneyland we would never miss a one, we are annual passholders so its not about the rides, and yes we found the lines short, its the festivity and sheer fun of the party atmosphere in this park. The CMs are amazing- their smiles never stop, the parade talent and fireworks, music... its our favorite event of the year.

Thanks for the report. I love hearing everyone’s tips. I have to wait until October 23rd for my party.

Hi everyone,

I haven't gone through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been posted already about the Haunted Mansion. Due to @dina444444 and @Lesley Wake I was able to experience the lastest Disneyland Blog event.

upload_2018-9-30_12-18-18.png

We rode the Haunted Mansion a few times, which prompted me to share a few things I noticed about the Nightmare Before Christmas experience:

upload_2018-9-30_12-5-17.png

Look up at the cupola before entering the mansion for a glimpse of Zero with his glowing pumpkin nose flying up there. (I don't have a good picture to share about this)

upload_2018-9-30_12-7-1.png

When going down the stretching room look for the Hidden Mickey holly on the ceiling. During the poem, "Nightmare Before Christmas," when they get to the part, "not a creature was peaceful, not even a ~mouse~..." look up at that Hidden Mickey and you'll see it shimmer. The first time I saw it I thought I was imagining it, but definitely saw it the second time.
upload_2018-9-30_12-4-36.png upload_2018-9-30_12-8-32.png

The next cool thing -- When you first load the doom buggy and "go up the stairs" there is a character holding a string with a spider holding a present at the end. This is vampire teddy and he can be seen throughout the attraction. Try and count how many times you can find him.

The animated gingerbread house is being attacked by a giant spider in the ballroom. Also, look for Zero flying around.

When you get to the attic, keep your eyes peeled for the Monkey Bride. If you want to find her yourself, skip the picture since it shows where she's at.

upload_2018-9-30_12-3-39.png

upload_2018-9-30_12-14-46.png upload_2018-9-30_12-12-4.png

And a fun pic that we were able to take during the event.

upload_2018-9-30_12-15-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-30_12-8-0.png
    upload_2018-9-30_12-8-0.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Great report; the Parks Blog Meet-up looks fun. I did the Holiday one last year and it was a great experience.

Did you happen to see the present for Bill King? I found the Monkey Bride, but couldn't the Bill King present this year.

Is there anything done exclusively on Halloween party nights at DCA? We will be at Disneyland all week and will have plenty of time to experience the rides at DCA, but curious is it's worth a stop during the 3 hours pre party time or if we should just start at Disneyland that night?

Is there anything done exclusively on Halloween party nights at DCA? We will be at Disneyland all week and will have plenty of time to experience the rides at DCA, but curious is it's worth a stop during the 3 hours pre party time or if we should just start at Disneyland that night?
Nothing exclusive to the party as far as I'm aware. I'll be popping into DCA just to get some photos in my costume and then over to Disneyland for the rest of the night.

Great report; the Parks Blog Meet-up looks fun. I did the Holiday one last year and it was a great experience.

Did you happen to see the present for Bill King? I found the Monkey Bride, but couldn't the Bill King present this year.

This is a new one for me. What's the present for Bill King?

Nothing MHP exclusive as it’s open for anyone. Just decorations and Cars characters in costumes. If you are interested in characters I would go to DL as you can do DCA on your other days.

This is a new one for me. What's the present for Bill King?
I haven't been able to spot it every year, but there is usually a present for Bill King. I can't remember where I first read about it, but if I recall correctly he worked on the design of HMH. When he passed away, they added a special present tag in his honor.
DSC_0361_1_zps7028193f.jpg

In terms of the Vampire Teddy, I can think of a few locations:
The one that is fishing at the start of the ride, the one sitting on top of the coffin just past the Endless Hallway, the one behind Madame Leota, and the one biting the light string heading into the Graveyard. It also makes an appearance in one of the stretching room portraits, but I wasn't sure if that counted. I'm guessing there must be at least one in the Ballroom, but I can't recall seeing it.

I just watched the weather report and good news for MHP tomorrow night. There is only a 10% chance of rain on Tuesday. It will rain on Wednesday and Thursday and thunderstorms are possible. Now I have find something for kids to watch at my school. We can't show Disney movies. I have to dig out old cartoons from the 80's and 90's

We’re going to the party for the first time this year, so excited! It starts at 7 on the night we’re gojng. I made reservations for Carnation cafe at 5:20, is that a good idea? Do we go back to the gate at 7 with our tickets?

Service at Carnation is usually pretty quick so you should be fine. Whenever we've had lunch or dinner there it takes about an hour.

If you're entering the park on just the party tickets you'll get your wristband and Trick or Treat bag at the gate starting three hours before the official start of the party. If you used a regular park ticket and entered MK earlier in the day, you can get your wristband and ToT bag in Tomorrowland at the former Starcade behind the Star Trader store. Or, since you are close to the front entrance you can exit the park and get your wristbands and ToT bags at the MHP turnstiles on the right.

Once you've gotten your wristband there's no need to return to the entrance gate at 7:00.

There's a pre-party in Toontown starting at 6:00 that has Trick or Treat trails and character meet and greets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter