Micro-Mini 9/27/08 Grand Gathering

des1954

DIS Veteran
Well, there were only six of us, but it was a GRAND GATHERING never the less. Oh...excuse me,,,, Wynottah just reminded me there were seven of us. We ended up meeting at the PO Riverside Food Court instead of Crockett's - due to Crockett's being closed for renovations. We had a wonderful time, and Denise couldn't have said it better when she said:

"Ya know how when you meet people for the first time and conversation always lags here and there? That never seems to happen amongst Dis-er's!"

You know what? It is so true!! We already feel so comfortable with each other that by the time we meet it's like seeing long, lost friends!

Here's some pictures.....

Frank & Denise

09-27-08002.jpg

Bob & Phyllis

09-27-08003-1.jpg

The Group

09-27-08004.jpg

(Sitting L-R) Deb, Wynottah, Phyllis, Denise
(Standing L-R) Rick, Bob, Frank

Who's that in Socks & Crocs????

09-27-08005.jpg

We spent about 2 marvelous hours together and we talked about ALL of the rest of you!! (Bwahahahahaha). Mostly, we talked about what a great bunch of people we have here in our own little world and how we can't wait for the mother of all Grand Gatherings in October 2009!!!

Thank you for posting pics, I can't wait to meet all of you guys one day. Great looking group of people.:thumbsup2

what a good looking group, how did you keep the paparazi away?

I would have gone, but i'm.... well you know the rest.

I would have gone, but i'm.... well you know the rest.

Yeah, yeah.... you're not into actually meeting people. You'd rather drive 2.5 hours to a Swamp, sit with oh....75,000 people you don't know, stand in a long line to pee, wait outside the ladies room where there's an even longer line waiting for your DD to pee, pay a bazillion $$ to park, fight traffic leaving the stadium, drive 2.5 hours back home.... all to watch your beloved Gators lose the game anyway. You could have saved yourself the aggrivation & watched it on TV38, been more comfortable & used half the gas to come over & hang with the rest of us - and - had a much better time.
http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZSYYYYYYOCUS&utm_id=7920

Yeah, yeah.... you're not into actually meeting people. You'd rather drive 2.5 hours to a Swamp, sit with oh....75,000 people you don't know, stand in a long line to pee, wait outside the ladies room where there's an even longer line waiting for your DD to pee, pay a bazillion $$ to park, fight traffic leaving the stadium, drive 2.5 hours back home.... all to watch your beloved Gators lose the game anyway. You could have saved yourself the aggrivation & watched it on TV38, been more comfortable & used half the gas to come over & hang with the rest of us - and - had a much better time.
http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZSYYYYYYOCUS&utm_id=7920

it was $10 to park, free tickets, no lines in the bathroom, and all the college hotties i could get ignored by.

it was $10 to park, free tickets, no lines in the bathroom, and all the college hotties i could get ignored by.

You still had to fight traffic, drive 2.5 hours each way(and all the gas that takes), sit out in a hot stadium, and be ignored by the college hotties, AND still watch the Gators lose. AND....miss out on all the wonderful comraderie of Dis-Campers!! So,,,,THERE!!

That says a lot for rejection!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I could not resist!:rotfl2:

I was looking forward to meeting our guests from TN and Long Island, next time.

I am so sorry that I couldn't stay one extra day to meet Frank, Denise, Phyllis and Bob in person. (Deb was present when I got the phone call) CJ had a nasty ear infection and I did promise him mommy was coming home on Friday. We have battled ears all weekend. Hopefully y'all knew I was there in spirit! (I forgot to give Deb a laminated picture, darn!)

also, i downloaded the pictures and blew them up, there were no beers present either.

That looked like a wonderful time!!!!!!! What a great group! Thanks for sharing the pictures, Deb and Wynottoah!!!

I am going to demand that Donnie and Donna and Annie attend the GG. It wouldn't be the same without you guys...c'mon!!!

no need to stroke donnie's ego, he does it on his own:lmao:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm thanks. We'll see what we can do. It will just be Annie and I. Donna has something to do with her youngin. I'm waiting for some more plush accomodation offers. Anyone ????????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter