• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Salute Tickets 2023

I honestly didn't even notice the date typo and thought you misunderstood the validity dates of the pass only being good April 3 through 9th.
No, sorry for the misunderstanding. I know how the Blockout dates work. Just pointing out the presumed typo.

I’m so sorry! We definitely have that kind of luck. Thank you from the rest of us!

It says April 3, 2022 through and including April 9, 2023. That's a year and 6 days of blockout dates. Which means this pass could only be used from April 10, 2023 forward. Which is why I questioned whether it was a typo.
If you click on the additional terms and conditions, it has April 3, 2023-April 9, 2023

Am I correct that you do not need to use the days consecutively? We're going just the husband and I for a weekend Feb '23 and then with kids Nov '23. I'd love to spread a 4 day ticket over both trips

Am I correct that you do not need to use the days consecutively? We're going just the husband and I for a weekend Feb '23 and then with kids Nov '23. I'd love to spread a 4 day ticket over both trips
Yes, that is how it has worked in prior years, so I assume it's the same. We are planning to spread our 5 day tickets (once we can purchase them) over 3 trips in January, July, and September.

That’s how it has worked recently but I know there were some years when we had to use them within like a two week period.

That’s how it has worked recently but I know there were some years when we had to use them within like a two week period.

That's never been the case. You may be mixing it up with discounted multi day tickets you bought on base or at Shades of Green. Those exist too, separate from the AFS discount tickets. Those do have to be used within 14 days.

Patrick afb ITT is SUPER FAST. Fill out their form, email it, they call you (usually same day) to take payment, you get Disney email with ticket numbers minutes later, and plastic tix 2 days later from FedEx. It is all on their website. We have bought from them 3 times.
Just a note for those curious, the plastic tickets you receive from any base ITT office are not good for park entry. You still have to activate them at guest services or a ticket window by showing eligible ID, and they will give you the actual tickets.

Just a note for those curious, the plastic tickets you receive from any base ITT office are not good for park entry. You still have to activate them at guest services or a ticket window by showing eligible ID, and they will give you the actual tickets.

Does it work that way if you get them through Shades of Green? Every time I have purchased from SOG I have been able to add them directly to my Disney App. Never needed to activate them at a ticket window or guest services.

That’s great news! It looks like tickets go on sale Nov 16, does anyone know if most bases will have the tickets available that day? We’re planning a late Jan trip with my parents (dad is retired Air Force) and I am anxiously waiting to make my park reservations! My dad is planning on heading to the nearest base on that day to purchase. I know Shades of Green will have them…but their ordering system is not great and will most likely take a few weeks To process.
Most bases will probably not have them the first day. Some will have them faster than others. You should call in advance for sure.

I have bought in person from base ITT, bought through email from base ITT and also bought over the phone from Shades. Personally I would highly recommend buying from Shades. We have found them to be pretty on the ball with their order process. If your trip is coming up soon they prioritize your order. Also, they always send activated hard card tickets. Most of the time the bases have some kind of paper voucher you have to exchange or if they are hard card tickets they are not activated so that is an extra step you usually have to go through at WDW.

Just my advice...

That's never been the case. You may be mixing it up with discounted multi day tickets you bought on base or at Shades of Green. Those exist too, separate from the AFS discount tickets. Those do have to be used within 14 days.
There were definitely years that Salute tickets had to be used within 14 days of first use. That was the case for multiple trips we took.

Does it work that way if you get them through Shades of Green? Every time I have purchased from SOG I have been able to add them directly to my Disney App. Never needed to activate them at a ticket window or guest services.
Salute tickets from Shades of Green come activated.

Nope, SoG tickets are activated.

There were definitely years that Salute tickets had to be used within 14 days of first use. That was the case for multiple trips we took.
Sorry, but I think you are misremembering, or maybe had a different type of tickets. We have been using them since they started in 2009 (when the military member's ticket was FREE!), and they have always had flexible use dates.

I know Shades of Green will have them…but their ordering system is not great and will most likely take a few weeks To process.
This has not been my experience. The past few times I have ordered from them, the process has been quick and easy, and I have had the tickets on my doorstep just a few days after sending the order email.
One further clarification, no matter where you buy the tickets (military travel office or SoG), you get the numbers to be able to add them directly to MDE, to be able to book park reservations.

But if you get them from an ITT office, you have to do the activation when you arrive, even though you already have them linked. It's only from SoG that you get activated tickets and can skip that step.

Has anyone else tried booking a room with military discount? Called tonight and pricing was identical to what was offered on website. Only difference I could tell was that it appeared there was no tax. All Star Movies was $232 per night for end of March but total was just that amount times five. Strange. Military discount is usually pretty solid.

Has anyone else tried booking a room with military discount? Called tonight and pricing was identical to what was offered on website. Only difference I could tell was that it appeared there was no tax. All Star Movies was $232 per night for end of March but total was just that amount times five. Strange. Military discount is usually pretty solid.
Over the past couple of years, the military discount has been reduced and availability is much less than it used to be.

If it was the same price as before taxes, that's just coincidence. Military discounted rooms pay the same tax rate as other bookings.

Typically now the maximum discount for military is about 25%, probably less for value resorts. I called today to check for our June dates, and there was very little availability, with 25% off at a deluxe.

Looks like I saved about $150 with the military discount. My bill was $1152 for five nights at All Star Movies. Regular price was around $1321.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter