Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

We currently have 2 Military Salute and the one in my name has updated, the one in DD's hasn't yet.
This is great news, thank you @zemmer for the update!

EDIT: It's a few hours later and now DD's ticket is updated as well.

Last edited:
Wow...ours are the Salute promotional "Certificates" ( vouchers) and were not extended. Guess I'll be on the phone today.

One of two of our tickets were extended. Waiting patiently for the other update. FYI we had both used a day on the tickets so that doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm happy because we booked a trip for after Thanksgiving but one of our party doesn't have a ticket so we were hoping we would be able to buy a ticket before trip.

We have 9 day Magic Your Way Stars & Stripes tickets, and as of this morning, MDE shows all 5 tickets valid until 12/31/30. Our trip was planned for 6/13/20 - 6/22/20 but is now postponed, possibly until December or next summer. There are too many unknowns to make a decision atm, but at least we don't have to worry about tickets :D.

Last edited:
All 3 of my Shades of Green tickets were updated to Sept 2021 today. Just FYI my husband deployment went from 12 months to 13.5 months and we were going to miss our dates of traveling to Disney. A rep at shades said they would refund but I would have to put our pre purchased tickets in the mail to them and they would refund when they opened and finsihed all the backlog mail. This did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling so I modified our trip today but was only allowed to book at a DVC resort or deluxe resort. $$$$

I noticed late last night that 1 of 3 tickets purchased from SOG had been extended in MDE. As of noon today, all 3 had been extended to September 2021.

To reconfirm, the expiration adjustment to 9/26/21 is also for partially used salute tickets. My daughter has a 6-day PH Plus linked, of which she has used 2 days. Today it was updated to reflect an expiration of 9/26/21 for the remaining 4 days.

So probably no answer for this one but when I look at my ticket it says "upgrade to AP" if we did that what date would they use? Theoretically I could wait to upgrade until one year after I used one day on my salute ticket. Just pondering how they would handle such an upgrade. (I have 5 of 6 days on my ticket and used the day in early March)

So probably no answer for this one but when I look at my ticket it says "upgrade to AP" if we did that what date would they use? Theoretically I could wait to upgrade until one year after I used one day on my salute ticket. Just pondering how they would handle such an upgrade. (I have 5 of 6 days on my ticket and used the day in early March)
If you upgraded your season salute ticket, the AP would be activated on the first day you used it so it expire in early March 2021.

edited to add: we’ve done this before and even if you upgrade in your last day the start will default to your first day of use.

If you upgraded your season salute ticket, the AP would be activated on the first day you used it so it expire in early March 2021.

edited to add: we’ve done this before and even if you upgrade in your last day the start will default to your first day of use.
I understand that. My question was what if I tried to upgrade my ticket in April of 2021? It would be more than a year after first use. Would they say it's not eligible? Would they offer a full year AP? Probably no answer just a situation that is outside normal parameters, and just wondering how they might choose to handle it.

Our Military Salute tickets are now valid until 9/26/21!!!
Yes, doing the right thing!
all 6 of mine are 21 as well and all Stars and Stripes changed to 2030 couple weeks ago or so

NOW the long term question will be, can I still purchase 4 more Salute to use for the same trip??
6 from this year that were extended, plus 4 for people who were on SnS.
thus saving 4 SnS for down the road

Yes, doing the right thing!
all 6 of mine are 21 as well and all Stars and Stripes changed to 2030 couple weeks ago or so

NOW the long term question will be, can I still purchase 4 more Salute to use for the same trip??
6 from this year that were extended, plus 4 for people who were on SnS.
thus saving 4 SnS for down the road
Once they reopen ticket sales, I'm thinking you should be able to as long as you don't exceed 6 for the annual promotion. The big question I think is if it'll happen in time to make reservations to enter the parks?

That's great they extended the SnS until 2030!

EDIT, Sorry! I think that's second part is what you maybe were saying :)

@dmband are you planning to travel this year or in 2021?
Rereading, I totally misunderstood what you were saying since you already have 6 Salutes.

If for next year, that's a good question. Will Disney offer a 2021 promotion or will they extend the 2020 offer since the parks closed so early in the year where most people didn't use their tickets?
If they extend rather than renew, anyone who bought 6 tickets in 2020 probably wouldn't be eligible to buy any additional tickets (we used 4 tickets in January 2020).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter