• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Van to MK

I was hoping the service would be expanded to other resorts by the end October. I thought they were already in the "testing" phase..
They are testing in the sense that they are limiting the number of resorts, so far BC/YC, Boardwalk, Wilderness, and this past monday they expanded to AKL but is no longer free. So we'll see where it expands to next. I think they are doing deluxes not on monorail first then maybe some moderates next.

4 of us. Flat rate of 20 not per person just per car. It fits 6 and kids under 6 need car seats which they have two in the trunk to put in for you if needed. So yes a bit pricey but the cars were pristine and the drivers are CM's not randoms.

It seems in every disney response about the express bus, the minnie vans are mentioned. Again, not the same service and for just a few people it's much more costly. But I do like having CMs as drivers.

I think if they had advertised the express bus as much as they are the minnie van, it would have been a greater success.

They are testing in the sense that they are limiting the number of resorts, so far BC/YC, Boardwalk, Wilderness, and this past monday they expanded to AKL but is no longer free. So we'll see where it expands to next. I think they are doing deluxes not on monorail first then maybe some moderates next.

Ahhh... makes sense!!

You definitely don't have to be a guest of a participating resort to use a Minnie Van.

Download the Lyft app before your trip. When you visit BC/YC, Boardwalk, or WL, visit bell services to ask for activation. Keep the Lyft app closed. Bell services will ask for your mobile phone number and will send you a text message. When you then open the Lyft app, you'll see a Minnie Van (with cute graphic) as an option (as well as regular 6 and 4 person Lyft vehicles - which are of course a lot cheaper to use but a lot less fun!).

The drivers can take you anywhere on property - and for the same flat $20, they can take one passenger to one destination and other passengers (in the same party) to another destination. They'll even let you stop and do a short errand - not sure what the limits to this might be! And when you're ready to go back to your non-participating resort, you can have them pick you up and take you there.

If you tell bell services that you're not a guest of the BC/YC, Boardwalk, or WL, but want a Minnie Van activation code - they should tell you that's no problem. If the first person you ask tells you "no," then ask someone else, because they're mistaken. Ask to talk to the Bell captain!

Once the Minnie Van option has been activated, it will stay there for future trips. It's kind of addictive!

You definitely don't have to be a guest of a participating resort to use a Minnie Van.

Download the Lyft app before your trip. When you visit BC/YC, Boardwalk, or WL, visit bell services to ask for activation. Keep the Lyft app closed. Bell services will ask for your mobile phone number and will send you a text message. When you then open the Lyft app, you'll see a Minnie Van (with cute graphic) as an option (as well as regular 6 and 4 person Lyft vehicles - which are of course a lot cheaper to use but a lot less fun!).

The drivers can take you anywhere on property - and for the same flat $20, they can take one passenger to one destination and other passengers (in the same party) to another destination. They'll even let you stop and do a short errand - not sure what the limits to this might be! And when you're ready to go back to your non-participating resort, you can have them pick you up and take you there.

If you tell bell services that you're not a guest of the BC/YC, Boardwalk, or WL, but want a Minnie Van activation code - they should tell you that's no problem. If the first person you ask tells you "no," then ask someone else, because they're mistaken. Ask to talk to the Bell captain!

Once the Minnie Van option has been activated, it will stay there for future trips. It's kind of addictive!

So if I am reading what you are saying correctly... if I have a Beaches and Cream reservation and I want to use Minnie Vans to get from BC to BLT, after dinner, I can??

So if I am reading what you are saying correctly... if I have a Beaches and Cream reservation and I want to use Minnie Vans to get from BC to BLT, after dinner, I can??

Definitely. You just have to stop by bell services at BC to ask for the activation code to be texted to your phone. (Only bell services at a participating resort can be expected to do this.) Then open the Lyft app and you'll be able to order up a Minnie Van - which will probably be one minute away at that location. The $20 will be billed through Lyft. And you're not allowed to tip the Disney driver (unlike regular Lyft drivers).

You can also call for a Minnie Van the next morning to pick you up at BLT, drop your friend at MK then take you on to Epcot (for one price). Once you have the activation, you can use the app to request a Minnie Van from anywhere on property.

Chris is one of the drivers who brings along a Disney soundtrack to play in the car. (Not all the drivers do - though you can listen to your choice of Sirius stations.) Ask the driver to pose for a photo with you - and they loved to be tagged on social media!

Definitely. You just have to stop by bell services at BC to ask for the activation code to be texted to your phone. (Only bell services at a participating resort can be expected to do this.) Then open the Lyft app and you'll be able to order up a Minnie Van - which will probably be one minute away at that location. The $20 will be billed through Lyft. And you're not allowed to tip the Disney driver (unlike regular Lyft drivers).

You can also call for a Minnie Van the next morning to pick you up at BLT, drop your friend at MK then take you on to Epcot (for one price). Once you have the activation, you can use the app to request a Minnie Van from anywhere on property.

Chris is one of the drivers who brings along a Disney soundtrack to play in the car. (Not all the drivers do - though you can listen to your choice of Sirius stations.) Ask the driver to pose for a photo with you - and they loved to be tagged on social media!

I saw a report from a very credible source (a CM that posts here at the DIS) that she viewed a passenger extend a tip to the Minnie driver and the driver accepted it. I think they do accept tips.

I saw a report from a very credible source (a CM that posts here at the DIS) that she viewed a passenger extend a tip to the Minnie driver and the driver accepted it. I think they do accept tips.
The rule for Disney CM that work in non-tip positions (which Minnie Van drivers are) is they are supposed to refuse tips 3 times. If a guest offers a 4th time the CM can accept
They are not supposed to accept the first 3 times offered. I believe they can be reprimanded pretty harshly if they do
The rules on what they do with the tip once it's accepted is rather fuzzy

The Minnie Van splash screen in the Lyft app specifically says 'No Tipping Please'. Now if a driver accepts a tip, that's up to them.

I have never used Lyft before. For either the Minnie van or the regular Lyft is it credit card only? Do you think they will add the feature of being able to pay with your magic band?

I have never used Lyft before. For either the Minnie van or the regular Lyft is it credit card only?
Yes. If you have an iPhone that supports Apple Pay, that's an available payment method.
Since I don't use an android phone, I don't know of the android version of Lyft supports Android Pay.

Do you think they will add the feature of being able to pay with your magic band?
Not as long as they use the Lyft app to request & pay for rides.

Where does the Minnie van drop off for the MK? I'm thinking of using it before the MNSSHP. If it's not close, I will look at a GF drop off.

I just returned from BC last week. I had a pop up on mde about lyft. I downloaded the app and when I got to Disney they minivans were there. I didn't look prior to that though. I used it several times and didn't wait for more then 2 minutes. The first driver refused our tip and told us tipping isn't allowed and not to tip at all on minivans. I didn't need bell services to activate anything.

You could, but you could just as easily get a bus to MK and just walk over to BLT unless there is some reason you don't want to or can't walk.

Well I could take the bus...but if I want to do Minnie Vans I wanted to make sure I was following what pp was saying. Has nothing to do with not wanting to walk or take the bus. Just wanted to know if the option in my scenario would work....

We used the Minnie vans 5 times over the weekend. To and back from MK (from BC), to and back from contemporary (from BC) and to AK (from BC).

It was HARD to get one at all... most of the time, none were available to call. On average, we waited 20 mins for one to arrive.

Clearly they are in demand.. they need to double the number of SUVs... the drivers said adding AKL and WL this past week caused a huge spike in use they didn't expect. And it's so popular they have a ton of 2018 traverses on order but that it will be a few weeks. Two drivers said no new resorts for a while because demand the past 7 days is way over what they can already handle.

Once they get the kinks worked out it will be a great service.

Here's a screenshot when none are available, sadly a common sight:

Attachments

• IMG_1554.PNG
    IMG_1554.PNG
    269.7 KB · Views: 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter