Minnie Vans "Uber" like transport begins soon!

At a flat $20 per ride, they definitely aren't looking to chase Uber away. I'd be willing to pay $20 if I got to bypass security like with the express service. Not worth $20 to me just get from point to point.

At a flat $20 per ride, they definitely aren't looking to chase Uber away. I'd be willing to pay $20 if I got to bypass security like with the express service. Not worth $20 to me just get from point to point.

How's about COMPLIMENTARY?!?!
See @ 59 -second point :)

Maybe Disney will offer a flat rate per day for the Disney Uber. $30.00 to $50.00 per day unlimited rides between parks and resorts. This could be used by the guests that frequently park hop.
It would work for the family doing EPCOT in the morning, Studios in the afternoon and the MK at night for the Halloween or Christmas parties.

Seriously! We are staying at YC in September, but there is no way I will use this service given that it is much more expensive than Uber.

I love the previous comments in this thread about Uber drivers not being "vetted" or the vehicles not being "safety inspected".

I have 25 years of using the "bureaucratic approved" taxi services frequently in NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, LA, Dallas, Austin, Boston, San Jose, Miami . . . and others. And I scoff at your reasoning of vetting and safety issues.
1) Vetted drivers? - HELL NO.! Taxis hire crazy people who can turn the most "tricks" in the shortest amount of time. Death defying lane changes, a complete ignorance of speed laws. I can go on and on and on.
2) Vehicle safety? HELL, HELL NO. Most taxis have a good 250k on then and I highly question which part will disable the vehicle first - as in a suicidal car part adventure game. And I even have an experience to prove my point. I thought the aging Crown Vic taxi felt a little "floaty" after waiting in the LaGuardia taxi stand line. Less than five minutes after leaving LGA, the car's rear axle broke on the TriBourough Bridge. I survived with no injuries but I've had more than a few close calls in taxis because of faulty cars. Oh, and the smell from the back seat . . . mmmmmm.

Anyway, since I found UBER about 4 years ago, my life has been much more enjoyable. I believe the drivers are providing ride-sharing because they want to as a side gig and treat the opportunity with respect.Most of my drivers have been educated, fun to talk to, and I've had a better experience with them finding destinations using technology. And their cars seem much nicer than taxi's as well.

If Disney was really smart, there is one place on property where this "Uber" system could really work out great for them and guests, Trail's End Restaurant and Pioneer Hall - Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. Now what I meant about Disney being smart is they would have to find away for the Minnie Vans to drop you off very close to both buildings. I'm not talking about dropping you off at there internal bus station then taking there bus to both places. I'm talking about the Minnie Vans dropping you off with a very short walk to them. NO more taking a bus to Magic Kingdom then a long boat trip to Fort Wilderness. I mean front door service from your Resort Hotel, to the Trail's End or Hoop Dee Doo Review. It is very hard sometimes to get to those places on time and this service could make that a lot easier. $20 to me is not bad in that situation. I think Disney should considering working something out.

If Disney was really smart, there is one place on property where this "Uber" system could really work out great for them and guests, Trail's End Restaurant and Pioneer Hall - Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. Now what I meant about Disney being smart is they would have to find away for the Minnie Vans to drop you off very close to both buildings. I'm not talking about dropping you off at there internal bus station then taking there bus to both places. I'm talking about the Minnie Vans dropping you off with a very short walk to them. NO more taking a bus to Magic Kingdom then a long boat trip to Fort Wilderness. I mean front door service from your Resort Hotel, to the Trail's End or Hoop Dee Doo Review. It is very hard sometimes to get to those places on time and this service could make that a lot easier. $20 to me is not bad in that situation. I think Disney should considering working something out.
Good idea. That's definitely doable. They could enter thru the service road by WL and drop off at the mostly unused shelter by the stables.

Good idea. That's definitely doable. They could enter thru the service road by WL and drop off at the mostly unused shelter by the stables.

I agree! We had a large family group coming from onsite and offsite to eat at HDDR a couple of years ago, and it would have been so much easier to get everyone there on time if the Minnie Vans had been available and dropping off within walking distance. We could have all met at the onsite resort and traveled together.

Accident may have been the wrong word, perhaps it was to see how they performed - don't remember which thread I read it in - it caught my attention because I'd really like a non bus way to get from AKL to AK.

Yaas. But I'm not paying $20 to go around the corner. I thought Disney would have figured out by now how to get those staying at AKL over to AK via walking bridge by now.

Yeah, this is my issue too. Disney transportation only edges out having my own car when I am heading to MK. I hate parking at the TTC. Hate it. So, wherever I am staying, if I plan on going to MK, I suffer on the Disney transport added at that resort. Going to MK is the only time I will consider using this and that depends on the time of day and where I am staying. If I am over at Boardwalk and want to get to MK at 5pm, I would probably use it. At 11am, probably not since usually there isn't a traffic issue at that time of day. IMO, the prices aren't competitive enough against Mears and Uber.

Yaas. But I'm not paying $20 to go around the corner. I thought Disney would have figured out by now how to get those staying at AKL over to AK via walking bridge by now.

people wouldn't use it. it's nearly a mile walk... we walk from beach/yacht to DHS (right at a mile or so) when we stay there and that path is empty.

Yeah, this is my issue too. Disney transportation only edges out having my own car when I am heading to MK. I hate parking at the TTC. Hate it. So, wherever I am staying, if I plan on going to MK, I suffer on the Disney transport added at that resort. Going to MK is the only time I will consider using this and that depends on the time of day and where I am staying. If I am over at Boardwalk and want to get to MK at 5pm, I would probably use it. At 11am, probably not since usually there isn't a traffic issue at that time of day. IMO, the prices aren't competitive enough against Mears and Uber.

I think this is going after different people thatn Uber/Lyft - as these are all larger vehicles and come with car seats. Plus some people just don't agree with the Uber business model and/or don't have experience with them or just "trust" Disney more - so I don't think it is about taking a slide from Uber as much as it is expanding the pie

As for cost - if you are 6 people and need 2 car seats, that is an Uber XL and the car seat fee - it is likely getting very close to a similar cost. But if you are just 1-2 people, not car seats, etc. - then Uber will be chaper. Again, different markets

As for cost - if you are 6 people and need 2 car seats, that is an Uber XL and the car seat fee - it is likely getting very close to a similar cost. But if you are just 1-2 people, not car seats, etc. - then Uber will be chaper. Again, different markets
You can't get 2 car seats on Uber. Sometimes you can't even get one. As I said in an earlier post, $20 is usually less than the cost of UberXL with a car seat, and not much more than an UberX with a car seat.

No bears? But bear transport seems like so much fun...
These 2 posts brought visions of riding a camel or an elephant from AKL to AK - sort of like rental horses on trail rides, climb on up and amble on over. Maybe Ostriches to tie in to the Swiss Family Robinson IP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter