Missed phone interview

megantfelix

Earning My Ears
I got an invite for a phone interview to potentially be hired to be a Disneyland castmember. Unfortunately I missed my call :( I called right back, and checked my dashboard only to see that my application is “no longer in consideration.” I got an email though that states that I can reschedule my interview on the dashboard but it is not allowing me. I don’t know what to do, I can’t seem to talk to someone directly through any of the numbers provided. What can I do? How can I reapply? I’m so confused.

You missed the call to schedule the interview or you had an interview scheduled and you missed it.

Sounds like they were invited (via an evite) for an interview which specified a time for the interview. The call came and was missed. I guess it's like just not showing up for an interview?

OP, is there any sort of online help on your dashboard?

How was it that you missed the call? Did they call late or early? I've had phone interviews before, and have literally locked myself in my office/bedroom with the phone sitting in front of me, waiting for it to ring at the scheduled time. If you missed it through no fault of your own, I would try to keep calling or emailing to explain the situation.

When my dd had her interview = she made sure she was also available and warned us to leave the house. She wanted no noise, etc. Another time, she actually took the call in her car.

I would bet the op was given a time. Sorry you missed it.

Last edited:
I would bet the op was given a time. Sorry you missed it.

It does seem that way, but the OP says she "called right back" which means it could have been some weird, fluke of an error. I have that happen occasionally with my cell phone. I'm waiting for a call and it barely rings for me before it goes to voicemail. And then sometimes I get the full 5 rings. It's like the call comes in but my device is not sending out the ring tone properly. I then grab it a second to late and call right back. This actually happened to me last week waiting for a callback from the Shades of Green ticket office for my MVMCP tickets. Very frustrating.

How was it that you missed the call? Did they call late or early? I've had phone interviews before, and have literally locked myself in my office/bedroom with the phone sitting in front of me, waiting for it to ring at the scheduled time. If you missed it through no fault of your own, I would try to keep calling or emailing to explain the situation.
Same - I had a last minute phone interview for a job I really wanted. I was in South Beach at the time. Didn't even go out the night before and never left the room in the morning to prep for the call. Call came on time at 11a, did the interview and went back to join the party. (I got the pass the phone interview for the in-person interview and then decided I didn't want to work in the far far suburbs, I'm a Chicago Loop worker and as much as I hate it, I love it like nothing else).

Not sure how you missed the call. They gave you a specific date and time. Were you near the phone at that time? Sorry, but if you weren't around and You thought you'd just reschedule, they probably just moved on to someone else. I'm sorry it happened to you, but if you wanted a chance at the job you needed to be responsible (it's a job interview). Businesses are looking for people who are dependable and responsible.

If you have a valid reason for missing it, you can try to reschedule, however, no one needs to give you a second chance. Good luck to you.

Haha @Cindy's Mom - I think you're right! What a strange thing to spend time doing - the scenario is not even that outrageous or controversial. LOL!

I can relate to being responsible I had put in for a pool opening at the hospital I had retired from--so I had a phone interview with one of the RPH and she said I would hear from HR by fri--I had mentioned that we were leaving on vacation on that day--she said dont worry shell probably call back before then well fri came and we left-with no phone call (we were going on a cruise out of Barcelona) so sure enough we were at the hotel when I got a text from my DD saying there was a message on our machine with # to call her back--

so we had an international calling on our phone-but I knew with the time difference it was night here I just wanted to leave a message that I was still interested in the job since we wouldnt be home for over a week and Im sure if she didnt hear from me that I was no longer interested

so I call and get a message in spanish--so now what can I do--I texted DD to call this lady for me explaining the whole thing

I felt so dumb having my DD call for a job for me but I didnt know what else I could do

I called her back as soon as we got home when I was talking to her she said that was a great idea having my DD call that way she knew when I still wanted the job and when I would be calling back

sometimes you have to think outside the box

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter