Mister Disney and the K-man's Easter Sunday V&A Chef Table Review

calgarygary said:
Have a great time in San Francisco guys, it truely is one of the most romantic cities. My wife and I did have trouble finding a good cup of coffee though. You might want to bring the bong. :rotfl2: One thing, we came back with a great souvenir that I think you won't get - it's a demographic thing. :goodvibes
How old is your "souvenir" now? A boy or a girl? See we of "different demograhics" go get the "inside" demographic jokes!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Mister Disney said:
How old is your "souvenir" now? A boy or a girl? See we of "different demograhics" go get the "inside" demographic jokes!

US TOO!!! Ours is a boy and 4 now.

I'm afraid to go back!!! :rotfl2:

I don't think your sense of humour (sorry about the spelling - I'm Canadian) has anything to do with demographics. She's 14. Our upcoming 30th anniversary trip will be the first time we have been away from our children since that SF trip and we are much too old to come back with another keepsake. :teeth:

Mister Disney said:

Hello Mr. Disney..

I'm Calgarygary's DW. Just joined cause he was having all the fun for the last few trips.

Our little souvenir is now 14 yrs old. Another DD, we have 4 girls. 12 to 22

Our trip to SF was the 1st one DH and I took since the 1st two girls were born and after that I said no more trips with him alone. However going away didn't seem to be the answer as we went on to have DD4.
:grouphug: :grouphug:

Pretty sure that our 30th won't result in any more little souvenirs...actually very sure. :hourglass

Hi Honey...guess who? :love:

calgarygary said:
I don't think your sense of humour (sorry about the spelling - I'm Canadian) has anything to do with demographics. She's 14. Our upcoming 30th anniversary trip will be the first time we have been away from our children since that SF trip and we are much too old to come back with another keepsake. :teeth:

oops...I've been caught..better get back to work...lol :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Hi hon, guess you'll be late

& now we return you to the board.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

denimore said:
Hello Mr. Disney..

I'm Calgarygary's DW. Just joined cause he was having all the fun for the last few trips.

Our little souvenir is now 14 yrs old. Another DD, we have 4 girls. 12 to 22

Our trip to SF was the 1st one DH and I took since the 1st two girls were born and after that I said no more trips with him alone. However going away didn't seem to be the answer as we went on to have DD4.
:grouphug: :grouphug:

Pretty sure that our 30th won't result in any more little souvenirs...actually very sure. :hourglass

Hi Honey...guess who? :love:

:rolleyes: JEEZ ... and all I got was a t-shirt! :rolleyes:

Mr. D's K-Man said:
:rolleyes: JEEZ ... and all I got was a t-shirt! :rolleyes:

You're lucky, T-shirts have a little lable inside that says how to take care of them :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

jjpenguin said:
You're lucky, T-shirts have a little lable inside that says how to take care of them :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thank you JJ ... Mister Disney takes GREAT care of me ... no labels needed.

Mister Disney said:
eggcutter.jpg

Link to egg cutter site

A hidden Mickey!

Mr. D and K-man, this review has actually become famous enough to be linked on another Disney board - TGM. Glad it was linked and so, so glad I found it. This has got to be the best restaurant review I ever read. I stayed up way past my bedtime reading it (and still didn't finish until today - mom always taught me to save my desserts for last).

Thanks for the great review and even better read. DH and I are going to V&A's next trip - only not the Chef's Table. We had to choose between the Chef's Table or a Couple's Massage at the GF Spa before V&As....

We can try the Chef's Table on another trip. ;)

TruBlu said:
US TOO!!! Ours is a boy and 4 now.

I'm afraid to go back!!! :rotfl2:

ROFLMGDAO!!! We have one official souvenier and 2 almost souveniers..

Trip in 1997- first child born 12 months later. Trip in 2000 - 2nd child born 12 months later. Trip in 2003 - 3rd child born 9 months later. We just went again in Feb and I am scared to death. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Well, I've been away from the boards for a few months, just returning over the past couple days. The first thing I said to myself was, "let's check out what is up with Mister Disney in the Restaurants Forum".

WOW - am I sure glad that I did!!!

Kudos to both of you, Mister "D" and K-man, for sharing a fantastic review of your dining experience. K-man, you certainly "knocked one out of the park"!

As an aside - I will definitely agree with you, Mister Disney, regarding the lack of creativity when it comes to the desserts. For all the time and effort that V&A obviously spends on the other courses, one would think that they could come up with some new and interesting dessert choices. DW and I have dined there several times over the years (never Chef's Table) and the desserts have remained disappointingly rather stagnant.

There is certainly no lack for dessert creativity throughout the culinary world. I'd have to imagine that V&A could draw upon some of the unique work from the top dessert chefs (i.e., Sam Mason, En Ming Hsu, Michael Laiskonis, etc.).

pink elephants said:
Mr. D and K-man, this review has actually become famous enough to be linked on another Disney board - TGM. Glad it was linked and so, so glad I found it. This has got to be the best restaurant review I ever read. I stayed up way past my bedtime reading it (and still didn't finish until today - mom always taught me to save my desserts for last).

Thanks for the great review and even better read. DH and I are going to V&A's next trip - only not the Chef's Table. We had to choose between the Chef's Table or a Couple's Massage at the GF Spa before V&As....

We can try the Chef's Table on another trip. ;)

Thank you Pink Elephants! We're having difficulty locating the link to which you made reference. Can you please send it or post it here?

Although we enjoyed the Couples Massage, it's not something we're likely to repeat.

Another fantastic thread, mens!!! :thumbsup2

Mister Disney, your food prose ranks right up there with my Nig (that would be Nigella Lawson to anyone else :goodvibes )

We came home last night from a 14 day stay at WDW and this thread eased the shock of rejoining daily life!

Bravo!

I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading a thread as much as this one!! I laughed, I cried, I drooled... :lmao:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!!! :cheer2:

Oh, and if you ever want to do a culinary tour of Montreal, I would be more than happy to take you guys around as a payback for the hours of entertainment you have provided on these boards!!!! God, you should taste some of the food in this city... *more drool*

Hi K-man. Sorry that I didn't see your post until today.

TGM is www.tourguidemike.com. I'm the Goddess of the Dining Forum over there. If you happen to wander over sometime, please stop in and say hello. :wave2:

Mr. D's K-Man said:
Although we enjoyed the Couples Massage, it's not something we're likely to repeat.
I understand. It does seem like a one time splurge (although we're going to splurge it for all it's worth. ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter