MK Closed to Resort Guests Question

KarenC

DIS Veteran
I first experienced the concept of the Magic Kingdom closed due to capacity issues during my first trip--in 1971--during its first holiday season. I was a VERY disappointed 11-year-old when they turned us away!

Fast forward to this year...we're going to be staying at the WL during the week between Christmas and New Years. The sole purpose of our trip is to watch our son march with his band ahead of the Spectro Magic parade. They will perform at 7:45 p.m. on 12/28. Right now, we have PS at the Concourse Steakhouse at 5:30 p.m.

My question is whether this is risky. We're fairly quick eaters, and we have eaten at Concourse Steakhouse during Easter Week without having to wait for our table. So I figure we'll be finished eating by 6:30. My concern is whether we should be concerned about getting back into the MK at that time.

I understand I can make two PS at the same time in different restaurants. I'm probably going to ask for a PS in the MK just in case. If we hear its closed to new guests, we'll just stay put. But I'm wondering if anyone who has been there during this time can tell me if this is really something to worry about!

Will your son be eating with you? From what I know (Marched in Disneyland with my highschool band way back when ) We had to be back behind the scenes a couple of hours before to warm up and get dressed.

If it's just you it might be better to just find something quick that night. It sounds like your worried about having plenty of time and if your worried about it now you'll probablly be worring about it then and won't enjoy the meal.

Hope this helps. We'll be there the same time as you. What time is the parade and what's the name of your Son's band? We'll try to be there to cheer your son on. It's such a cool thing to March in a Disney Parade!

:hyper:

People stake the curbs out hours in advance for the parades and since you want to see your son I'd be there really early

Originally posted by hammertime
Will your son be eating with you? From what I know (Marched in Disneyland with my highschool band way back when ) We had to be back behind the scenes a couple of hours before to warm up and get dressed.

If it's just you it might be better to just find something quick that night. It sounds like your worried about having plenty of time and if your worried about it now you'll probablly be worring about it then and won't enjoy the meal.

Hope this helps. We'll be there the same time as you. What time is the parade and what's the name of your Son's band? We'll try to be there to cheer your son on. It's such a cool thing to March in a Disney Parade!
:hyper:

No, our son is sticking with his band. He has made it quite clear that he does not expect to interact with us while he's on his band trip! Our daughter is travelling with us and, being a college freshman sick of dorm food, is really counting on "good food". I've gone ahead and made 4:40 p.m. PS at Cinderella's Royal Table.

They will be marching at 7:45; They are the Glenbrook South Marching Titans.

Sounds excellent. Are plans are MK on 12/28 and dinner at Chef Mickeys , then back to MK for Spectromagic. I will have to plan on getting there early so we can see the band.:bounce: :bounce:

hey!!! im going to be marching in the christmas parade on either new years eve day or new years day... cant remember... look for me im the Quad player from Mass!! :)

Definately stake out your seats EARLY. Perhaps those who have marched previously can give you a good idea where you can sit to get a good photo angle.

Have fun::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter