MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Hmmm. I’m excited, but it’s more $ than last year and no longer has PP, at least according to the website. What to do, what to do.

ETA- Actually just checked- would be 275 for our family of 3 to do it now, compared to 230 last year. Last year breakfast was at Pinocchio’s and included Peter Pan. Not sure the value is there for us this year.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I’m excited, but it’s more $ than last year and no longer has PP, at least according to the website. What to do, what to do.

ETA- Actually just checked- would be 275 for our family of 3 to do it now, compared to 230 last year. Last year breakfast was at Pinocchio’s and included Peter Pan. Not sure the value is there for us this year.
we usually do only 3 rides in EMM: 7DMT, PPF, and WTP. If anyone of those is out, the value is not there anymore for us.

Went ahead and sent a message to Disney informing them of this very thing. I got the bog standard "we'll let leadership know response" to which I'm just thinking "Yeah. Sure OK". Hopefully this is just an oversight but if not...I may have to reconsider...

As an aside, I like that they say you can call for tickets but they don't provide a direct phone number like they do other events XD. I mean I know it all still goes directly to the overall WDW phone system, but still...

we usually do only 3 rides in EMM: 7DMT, PPF, and WTP. If anyone of those is out, the value is not there anymore for us.
Us too! That’s where the best value is.

I also hadn’t thought of it occurring on a non party day (November Wednesday) so would anticipate bigger crowds when it’s over...

If they put PP back in, I would consider it. On busy days that quickly gets up to 70+ minute waits.

I totally hear what you are saying. I told my husband Disney in some cases offers less and charges more but we are still buying so I guess I get it from their standpoint. For our family, we have 3 granddaughters ages 7, 2.5 and 1 at the time of the trip so EMM is somewhat of a "bargain" since we don't pay for the youngest two but they will enjoy IASW, WTP, Ariel, Princesses and hopefully PP...in a much less crowded atmosphere.

Ok, what gives. Disney removes PP from the website description. They use the phrase “some of the returning attractions are...” and don’t mention PP in the Parks Blog post.

But still use PP as the background for the main photo.

Not sure whether that’s funny or just horrible editing.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...c-kingdom-park/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q1wo1001190018A
I politely put up with the breakfast move to Cosmic Rays, which I personally feel was a big step backwards that took a lot away from the event. But we adapted and moved on.

But if PP is legitimately not offered, I think we are a pass. Big value loss for how we approach EMM, in my opinion.

Ok, what gives. Disney removes PP from the website description. They use the phrase “some of the returning attractions are...” and don’t mention PP in the Parks Blog post.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...c-kingdom-park/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q1wo1001190018A
I politely put up with the breakfast move to Cosmic Rays, which I personally feel was a big step backwards that took a lot away from the event. But we adapted and moved on.

But if PP is legitimately not offered, I think we are a pass. Big value loss for how we approach EMM, in my opinion.
::slow clap:: for you @GADisneyDad14 . Perfectly well put.

Disney, I hope you’re reading.

Let's say that Peter Pan's flight isn't part of this; when EMM is over, can you just stand there ready to walk over there? I would think the walk to PPF (look, now I'm abbreviating everything) would be way faster than the people at the main gate? How does that work when EMM is over; do you get faster walking access to attractions?

thanks for the information!

Let's say that Peter Pan's flight isn't part of this; when EMM is over, can you just stand there ready to walk over there? I would think the walk to PPF (look, now I'm abbreviating everything) would be way faster than the people at the main gate? How does that work when EMM is over; do you get faster walking access to attractions?

thanks for the information!

We had PPO breakfast at BOG one morning while EMM was going on. After our breakfast (around 8:55) we walked over to PPF. At this point they were still letting the EMM folks on but there was a line for non EMM guests and that's where we stood in line. Hopefully PPF will be part of EMM still - but if not I'm sure you can walk over and wait in line just before 9 am - no different than if you were walking over from breakfast at BOG.

We had PPO breakfast at BOG one morning while EMM was going on. After our breakfast (around 8:55) we walked over to PPF. At this point they were still letting the EMM folks on but there was a line for non EMM guests and that's where we stood in line. Hopefully PPF will be part of EMM still - but if not I'm sure you can walk over and wait in line just before 9 am - no different than if you were walking over from breakfast at BOG.

We did EMM last year and were able to walk onto another ride (we split up and each took one child to their preferred attraction - 7DMT and PPF). The extra advantage to EMM was that we were off 7DMT that last time and effectively able to do SM as a second rope drop. H didn't make out so well as DS2 chose IASW as his post-PPF ride. :rolleyes2

I'm with @GADisneyDad14 on this one. I will rearrange my plans to take advantage of EMM *if* it includes PPF. Without PPF I'll stick with my PPO BOG and we'll split at rope drop and do each child's preferred attraction again.

Curious as to why the change of locations for EMM breakfast? When we went in 2018 it was at Pinocchio Village Haus and now I see it is at Cosmic Rays. Looks like it will put us in a better location to eat and run to Buzz or SM? If we finish up Fantasyland rides and walk to Tomorrowland ready to ride one ride at 9:00 then get to breakfast by 9:15 is that doable? Is 9:15 a hard stop for letting in breakfast guests?

Thanks again to @GADisneyDad14 for keeping the EMM (and other!) thread up to date. I hadn't even considered EMM for our one park day in January since it's a Thursday. EMMs have traditionally been Sundays and Tuesdays. But I noticed the EMM update you posted and as luck would have it, our Thursday park day is available. We canceled our BOG breakfast for that morning so the cost (kind of?) equals out. At least that's what I'm telling myself LOL. I'll be watching for info on PP being included or not since we'll need to adjust FP accordingly.
It changed last December when they expanded it. I believe they increased capacity because of the extra rides and Cosmic Rays is larger. The breakfast isn't nearly as good. It's standard QS breakfast. I miss the buffet from before which was sooooo good, but I prefer the extra attractions. Can't have it all.

It changed last December when they expanded it. I believe they increased capacity because of the extra rides and Cosmic Rays is larger. The breakfast isn't nearly as good. It's standard QS breakfast. I miss the buffet from before which was sooooo good, but I prefer the extra attractions. Can't have it all.

Unfortunately it seems to have shrunk by one ride (says 7 on the attractions, but only specifies 6. Apparently Peter Pan's Flight is the one missing) and increase in price. That's not really a case of "demanding it all" when they're posting conflicting information, and increasing price while at the same time appearing to be removing one attraction from the event.

I hadn't noticed that Peter Pan's Flight was missing! Wasn't it there before? Notice that they say "7 iconic Fantasyland attractions", yet list only 6?
  1. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  2. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  3. Princess Fairytale Hall
  4. “it’s a small world”
  5. Mad Tea Party
  6. Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid

Perhaps they are counting the 2 Princess Fairytale Hall meets as 2 attractions?

Unfortunately it seems to have shrunk by one ride (says 7 on the attractions, but only specifies 6. Apparently Peter Pan's Flight is the one missing) and increase in price. That's not really a case of "demanding it all" when they're posting conflicting information, and increasing price while at the same time appearing to be removing one attraction from the event.
I hear ya. PPF is not a dealbreaker for us. My son is just now tall enough for Mine Train, so that's where it's at for us. Personally, I think PPF was accidentally left off, but like I said, it's not a dealbreaker for us.

I hear ya. PPF is not a dealbreaker for us. My son is just now tall enough for Mine Train, so that's where it's at for us. Personally, I think PPF was accidentally left off, but like I said, it's not a dealbreaker for us.

It's more like I'm being a grump because it really does take away the value when they say it's "expanded", claim to have 7 attractions available, then only list 6. Even if it is only accidentally it's something that should really be addressed so it's at least clear what's being offered.

I voiced my displeasure on the blog- wasn’t sure if they would post it, but to their credit they did. 2 comments there, both negative. Hopefully if enough complain they will listen.

Missing Ppf has got to be a mistake- how much could it actually cost to run for that hour of the park is already open? So weird.

I voiced my displeasure on the blog- wasn’t sure if they would post it, but to their credit they did. 2 comments there, both negative. Hopefully if enough complain they will listen.

Missing Ppf has got to be a mistake- how much could it actually cost to run for that hour of the park is already open? So weird.

Maybe it is a mistake. Peter Pan was closed last January when they changed to the new version and changing the breakfast venue. Is it possible it hasn’t been updated?

I tried adding my two cents but apparently they decided I was too negative or something.

Curious as to why the change of locations for EMM breakfast? When we went in 2018 it was at Pinocchio Village Haus and now I see it is at Cosmic Rays. Looks like it will put us in a better location to eat and run to Buzz or SM? If we finish up Fantasyland rides and walk to Tomorrowland ready to ride one ride at 9:00 then get to breakfast by 9:15 is that doable? Is 9:15 a hard stop for letting in breakfast guests?

Thanks again to @GADisneyDad14 for keeping the EMM (and other!) thread up to date. I hadn't even considered EMM for our one park day in January since it's a Thursday. EMMs have traditionally been Sundays and Tuesdays. But I noticed the EMM update you posted and as luck would have it, our Thursday park day is available. We canceled our BOG breakfast for that morning so the cost (kind of?) equals out. At least that's what I'm telling myself LOL. I'll be watching for info on PP being included or not since we'll need to adjust FP accordingly.

They moved the venue starting last December when they expanded the ride count. EMM now accommodates more people than before. The increased guest count hasn’t impacted my opinion of the event (I think it’s a non-issue) and we have appreciated more rides, but the breakfast venue is certainly different than the old PVH setup.

In the two EMMs we did this past year, we went to breakfast right at 9am both times. We got our breakfast with little wait, but the crowd definitely seemed to grow in the 9:15+ time frame - longer lines, etc. To the point you could argue they should really open another “bay” at peak.

The value equation shifted with the new format for us - it used to be a quality ride and breakfast event. We still find great value in the ride access, but see less value in the breakfast. It’s OK, just not the more intimate experience as before.

Sorry for these negative posts, the PP thing has me in my feelings. :goodvibes

Anyways, glad a date worked out for you and hope you enjoy the event with your family! And thanks for the note.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter