My ADR had us checking in at 7:15 for an 8pm show, but we arrived at 6:50 and were seated right away. There were several parties already there, so you can probably get there even earlier than that. Seating is first come first served, so it's best to arrive early.

You check in right at Tomorrowland Terrace. From main street, turn right after you pass The Plaza, and you'll see it. There are signs and cast members waiting right out front.
Do you happen to know how early you can check in to the Terrace Party? We're thinking of checking in much earlier (around 7 for a 9 pm show), then going to ride another ride or two.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I can change the form of payment on an existing party reservation? I'd like to get a refund on my CC and pay with a gift card instead. Should I just call the reservation number?

Do you happen to know how early you can check in to the Terrace Party? We're thinking of checking in much earlier (around 7 for a 9 pm show), then going to ride another ride or two.

As noted in my previous post, we were able to check in around 7:15 for a 9 PM HEA when the "official" check in time was 7:30. We were doing the plaza garden party, but the terrace party check in desk was right across from us, and they started taking people in at the same time. I'd show up around 7.

As noted in my previous post, we were able to check in around 7:15 for a 9 PM HEA when the "official" check in time was 7:30. We were doing the plaza garden party, but the terrace party check in desk was right across from us, and they started taking people in at the same time. I'd show up around 7.
Your previous reply said Plaza Garden. I read the PP as asking about the Terrace seating parties.

Even if it’s not, I’d like to know about the Terrace seating parties, especially since I’ll be with a group of 3.

Your previous reply said Plaza Garden. I read the PP as asking about the Terrace seating parties.

Even if it’s not, I’d like to know about the Terrace seating parties, especially since I’ll be with a group of 3.

Yes. We are a party of 5, so I know we're unlikely to get one of the best tables, but if we can check in early to improve our chances then we will.
On the other hand, if the tables are already assigned ahead of time, then we'll just check in at the regular time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I can change the form of payment on an existing party reservation? I'd like to get a refund on my CC and pay with a gift card instead. Should I just call the reservation number?

If I remember correctly, I think they have to cancel and rebook. So, if the party is sold out and you are afraid you’ll lose your party reservations, I wouldn’t do it. Use the GC on other purchases. If it isn’t sold out, you should be fine.

You're right, the question was about Terrace seating. But as I noted, the check in stations for each party are right next to each other. As we were checking in early for the plaza party, the terrace party people were being checked in early as well. So my observation was that both start checking in at the same time, which is usually a little before the stated check in time on the reservation.

Just popping in to say we did Plaza party March 18th. HEA at 9:15
We arrived around 8:15ish for check in, ate a few desserts, then headed over to garden area around 8:50ish. Plenty of space open back left, we sat and waited, everyone stood on our side, everyone stayed seated on the other side.
The crowds on MS were :crowded::crowded::scared:, so we waited and watched OUAT, which I have never seen, then we exited the park.
Desserts are "ok", but the space in the garden is :thumbsup2soooo worth it, especially on a busy Spring Break evening. :)

We arrived around 8:15ish for check in, ate a few desserts, then headed over to garden area around 8:50ish. Plenty of space open back left, we sat and waited, everyone stood on our side, everyone stayed seated on the other side.
The crowds on MS were :crowded::crowded::scared:, so we waited and watched OUAT, which I have never seen, then we exited the park.
Desserts are "ok", but the space in the garden is :thumbsup2soooo worth it, especially on a busy Spring Break evening. :)

This is the first I hear of OUAT...were you able to stay at the same spot after HEA or did you have to exit the garden? Did the crowd thin out considerably for it?

Thank you VERY much for a recent account of the event and comment on what we are trying to do... this is mainly for the fireworks and not having to fight crowds. Since we have after hours event right after (plenty of snacks and ice cream given out for that) we aren't as concerned about the desserts.

So we are Disney cruise experts (20 years of sailing) but rarely do WDW. Mind if I ask what is OUAT?

This is the first I hear of OUAT...were you able to stay at the same spot after HEA or did you have to exit the garden? Did the crowd thin out considerably for it?

As noted, you're welcome to stay in the same area for OUAT. Most people will leave after HEA, and the area is no longer "guarded" by CMs, so anyone can come in, but few people do. It becomes very open at that point. When we've been there, there has often been a Photopass photographer there after HEA taking pictures of people with the castle in the background.

I've got a question about this Once Upon a Time show...are you guys saying that there are no projections on the castle during the show, or that these are extra ones after HEA?

After checking multiple times a day for the last month or so, I finally snagged the Plaza Garden viewing party for July 3rd!!! We've seen the special 4th of July add on 3 times or so now but never from in front of the castle, so I'm really excited to get a proper view finally!

We are doing the after party at the end of July... will we miss OUAT if we go to the dessert area after HEA? Thanks

At least 4 x a day I check for a cancellation on July 4 for any of the parties at MK....After, seated or plaza. Someone will cancel and when they do....

clfn3TB29-OkIazHhW8Yske-r6nXRadD5y1YGKB9efA.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter