MK on a MNSSHP day

letsgo!

Mouseketeer
What are daytime crowds usually like on a MNSSHP night? We have park hoppers, and were thinking of maybe doing MK on Aug 16 (also a morning EMH day so we would be there for rope drop) for the morning/early afternoon then head over to another park for the evening. I have heard that generally, party nights are a little less crowded, but I wonder if the EMH will cancel that out? Any thoughts greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

What are daytime crowds usually like on a MNSSHP night? We have park hoppers, and were thinking of maybe doing MK on Aug 16 (also a morning EMH day so we would be there for rope drop) for the morning/early afternoon then head over to another park for the evening. I have heard that generally, party nights are a little less crowded, but I wonder if the EMH will cancel that out? Any thoughts greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

We did one just like that two years ago, and then went to MK the next day for afternoon and evening without party. NIGHT AND DAY, crowd wise. The party day was great, and we got so much done and the park FELT uncrowded. Non-party day was very crowded and everything took longer. Thankfully, we just did our 3 FP+ , dinner, and fireworks.

Ok thanks for the info! We will give it a go. We have 10 day passes, so I'm not too worried about missing out on anything - and if it's too busy, we'll just skip out and head somewhere else or back to the resort!

We'll be there the same day! We planned to do MK too because we've heard crowds will be lower. I read you can get more done on a party day than on a full day in the park.

I was going to go to Magic Kingdom on the morning of a party day, the line for the busses to Magic Kingdom was insane so I nipped to Epcot took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom the lines into the park where so bad I went to Hollywood studios instead

We did MK on 2 days of mnsshp last year (mid October) and the crowds were not bad at all. If I remember correctly; even seven dwarves was only 45 minute wait when we finished breakfast at bog around 10:30

We went to the MK last year during the day of the first MNSSHP. We didn’t find it less crowded then any other day. I think it’s because there are lots of people who don’t even realize that the Halloween parties start that early in August. Plenty of people go without checking or noticing that the park closes earlier then usual on those days. I think more people catch on into the September/October parties and it may be less crowded at the MK during party days then.

One thing to keep in mind is that party days may be less crowded but that doesn't mean uncrowded. For the third year in a row no Free dining for Oct. and little in the way of other discounts. Also, with limited hours and party goers coming in at 4:00 pm FP+ becomes harder to get for your 4th,5th &6th. Oct. continues to be a busy time of year.

We did one just like that two years ago, and then went to MK the next day for afternoon and evening without party. NIGHT AND DAY, crowd wise. The party day was great, and we got so much done and the park FELT uncrowded. Non-party day was very crowded and everything took longer. Thankfully, we just did our 3 FP+ , dinner, and fireworks.
Yep, same. Non-party nights were actually hell on earth. The main hub was so packed, i gave up trying to move and just watched fireworks from where i was. There was no "line" anymor (poor CM, at least they tried). It was literally jam packed like sardines.

Naturally i expected it to be that crowded because when mnsshp is going on, mk only has about two non-party nights a week. Thats the only opportunity ppl have to watch the fireworks.

One thing to keep in mind is that party days may be less crowded but that doesn't mean uncrowded. For the third year in a row no Free dining for Oct. and little in the way of other discounts. Also, with limited hours and party goers coming in at 4:00 pm FP+ becomes harder to get for your 4th,5th &6th. Oct. continues to be a busy time of year.

So true. Now, it is a magical time in the morning. Our favorite time to be at MK is the morning of a party. We usually leave around 4 because that's when the witching hour descends upon the two "fronts" of guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter