MK on a Monday still insane?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
It used to be that Mondays at the MK were always one of the busiest (next to Saturday). But now, with EE for MK on Sunday instead of Saturday, is Monday still very crowded? We usually follow the theory of going to a park the day <i>after</i> EE.....it usually works great for us. This would put us visiting the Magic Kingdom on Monday, hence, the crowds question.

Any thoughts??

I would also like to know the answer to this question. My tentative plans for our trip in early Dec is to do MK on Monday.

We went the Monday before July 4th, and it wasn't that crowded in the a.m., but it did pick up later in the day. That evening was a Spectro show and the park was open late, so I'm sure that had an impact.

We went the last Monday in July and it was great in the morning. About 1 pm it started getting crowded especially in Tomorrowland.

Donna

Sammy- thats what we do to, avoid the EE park for that day. We also are planning MK on Monday November 3 so I would love to here everyones thoughts.

What several guide books say,lots of folks on vacation arrive form out of state by car and plane on Sunday.They get unpacked and settled into the resort and enjoy the pool etc.Then start the vacation bright and early on Monday at MK.From my personal experience I have found this to be the pattern.For years we did the same thing arrive Sunday then MK Monday.We now avoid MK on Mondays because it does seem to be more crowded and stays that way all day.:earsboy: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave:

Thanks for the reply, Danny...! I was thinking that this might still be the case. I think we'll save MK for a Tuesday!

Sammy

We followed the pattern of arriving on Sunday, etc. My girls HAD to go there first so we did. We were there the first week of May and arrived before opening. We did EVERYTHING we wanted to do and more with the longest lines being for Jungle Cruise and Splash. Wouldn't have waited for Splash but the posted time was WAY off. Only time that happened. Never waited longer than 10 minutes for anything else and 3 or 4 mins was the norm. I noticed larger crowds in the afternoon, but we had no problems and I would do it again if we were there during a medium-crowd period as in early May!

July 2002, we went to MK on 3 days: Tuesday, Thursday and Monday. Tuesday and Thursday were great. We just assumed that Monday would be great too. WRONG! The place was jammed packed by 11:00am. There was a 20 minute wait for Small World. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter