Mobile Order, HP restaurants, modifications?

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
My family really wants to experience meals at the Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron during our August but the breakfast menus appeal to us more than the lunch/dinner (we're pescatarian...). Plus hoping for shorter lines during breakfast times. I'm wondering if the mobile order allows for modifications, to leave off or substitute the meat portion of the meals? How flexible is the mobile ordering process in terms of substitutions?

We wanted breakfast at Three Broomsticks around 9:30 a couple days ago but nobody was allowed in or to order at all unless they had a dining plan voucher. We then went to get green eggs and ham in Seuss land and found it didn’t open until lunch. Pack your patience. We started carrying bags of mini muffins after that.

We wanted breakfast at Three Broomsticks around 9:30 a couple days ago but nobody was allowed in or to order at all unless they had a dining plan voucher. We then went to get green eggs and ham in Seuss land and found it didn’t open until lunch. Pack your patience. We started carrying bags of mini muffins after that.

What??? If that is the case, I'll need to buy the dining plan... I can't imagine having no option to go to the Harry Potter restaurants during a one-and-done trip. Anyone else there recently also experience this? Or maybe it could have been a special group or event situation?

That is odd-I would've not only gone to guest services but I would have questioned that and then headed to the leaky cauldron.

Last edited:

That is odd-I would've not only gone to guest services but I would have questioned that and then headed to the leaky cauldron.
We didn’t have park to park tickets. We split a pretzel from a cart for breakfast. No idea what the issue was except just very high crowds. We did go back for dinner later after wasting 2 hours in the Hagrids line. (It started raining an hour into our wait and we waited an hour before bailing through an emergency door.) Thankfully we had rope dropped it that morning so we didn’t miss out completely.

We didn’t have park to park tickets. We split a pretzel from a cart for breakfast. No idea what the issue was except just very high crowds. We did go back for dinner later after wasting 2 hours in the Hagrids line. (It started raining an hour into our wait and we waited an hour before bailing through an emergency door.) Thankfully we had rope dropped it that morning so we didn’t miss out completely.
That is so bizarre though still. and I am sorry ( i know it wasnt my fault I just am a natural worrier and apologizer).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this at Three Broomsticks? Or Leaky Cauldron? How have the lines been for breakfast around 9:30-9:45am?

Sorry. We didn’t try for breakfast at either. Our first day, we ended up walking back to the moon bakery after hagrids and had food by 9:20(we didn’t get into the park until 8:30). (Also, Lemon blueberry muffin was yummy). We wanted something by velocicoaster but nothing was open except some carts with some decent lines already.

Dinner at leaky cauldron around 7:30 was almost empty though. (Eta: we ordered at the counter. They sat us and directed us to mobile order but I was having probably user error problems with my cc. So make sure that’s all set up before you attempt mobile).

Our last day, we ate breakfast at the kitchen at hrh. That was delicious.

Last edited:
I haven't recently visited Leaky, or Broomsticks, but my general advice to anyone is getting there early and grab something from Cinnabon, Starbucks, or VooDoo in City Walk prior to going inside of the parks. I personally do this whether I plan to have breakfast, or lunch, so no matter what happens I at least have a little something in my stomach. If you can't afford both, you can bring either snacks, or have a snack at home/hotel before leaving. You never know what will happen.

So this was our experience yesterday.
On Thursday evening we went to the vacation planning center at 4:30 at RPR. For three adults, we prepaid $57 and change. We receive three paper tickets and they ask a time. We said 9 am. We took advantage of extra hours in the morning yesterday and at 9 am we went in line. Basically they give so many people certain times just to keep the influx of people going. You will be waiting a while. You then go to the registers and tell them which entree you want and drinks and pay for any extra thing you want. They give you drinks and the RFID number and it’s pretty much normal operations from that point on.
Breakfast is still excellent there. As far as we know this only happens for breakfast and was starting to be a thing pre pandemic.
BroadwayHermione5 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter