Mom to an only child....

Not sure that I fit in here, I am the mom to an only child (now adult.) But I am not a "single mom."

My husband used to ride with our son, if he needed someone to ride with him. My husband loves to ride crazy thrill rides.

But there were many times that I took him to a theme park without my husband. Our son would ride, I would wave. Most of the time, I would go to the gate to actually board the ride car and exit at that point. Our son ended up alone only for the ride. Often, he would ride with another child. And I would stand with the parent of that child.

Also keep in mind, at Disney, there are so many other things to do. There are parades and shows. There are tons of shops. Don't forget characters. I really believe that there is enough to do at the parks, the Springs and the resorts that rids could be come second and you would still be very busy.

I suffer from vertigo and motion sickness. The only rides I absolutely avoid are Star Tours in HS, Tea Cups, Astro Orbitor and the Carousel in the Magic Kingdom, Mission Space in EPCOT and Expedition Everest in the Animal Kingdom. I can ride the Aerosmith Roller Coaster but I think for some people that may be a challenge. The fact that it's dark tricks my mind! Also, I ride Soarin' but that will be iffy an ride. Have fun! There is so much to do.

You can wait in line with her and then use the "chicken" exit. Every ride has an exit. Then she won't be waiting alone. I'm an only child - I was never bored going to disney with my parents growing up (even when we went when I was 13 and 18!) And there is so much to look at during the rides - they are so detailed that you don't even have time to focus on who you are sitting with! There is so much to see and do besides the rides. Shows, parades, fireworks, shopping, dining, etc. Even just walking around there is so much to look at! She will have a great time!

I'm a single mom to an only child and we LOVE our time at Disney to connect with one another! It's great to spend time together without the day to day distractions and she never becomes bored.

An option for the rides you don't want to go on is to still wait in the line with her but then slip out the exit rather than board the ride. This will give her someone to converse with in the line and you'll also have a better idea of when she'll be done.

Have a great trip!!

It's costly, but this thing works like a dream!

After i had kids I developed terrible motion sickness! Never had it before. I LOVE all rides and cannot simply sit them out lol! Totally worth the investment. Also works like a Dream on cruises if there's any boat wobble. Have fun and your reveal video is absolutely adorable!!!!
61h35fkVjdL._SL1000_.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter